What one life altering thing should every human get to experience at

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    threekeysposted 6 months ago

least once in their lifetime?

1. kenneth avery profile image81
      kenneth averyposted 6 months agoin reply to this

In the physical sense, I would have to say that
      when my appendix was ruptured and I walked
      around way past what the doctor said was
      Death and unless I got to the doctor in
      an hour or so . . .I would  not be writing this
      to you. That one incident altered the course
      of my life. It (the near-death experience)
      gave me the vision to see through
      another set of eyes.

1. profile image0
        threekeysposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Sometimes ignoring things can make good in our lives by decreasing anxiety and the like. You got lucky with this one. To me that says life, your loved ones and the Universe needs you, kenneth

1. kenneth avery profile image81

threekeys, would you please accept this smile as a meager gift
          from me to you?
          I have never read anything like you wrote about me, my
          loved ones and the Universe. I mean, it touched me.
          My Sincere Thanks to You, my Dear Friend. smile
          and I am serious.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image46
      The0NatureBoyposted 6 months agoin reply to this

That depends on where in one's sequence of incarnating and what their next incarnation will be if it is not to incarnate as an "ascended master". As human/woman every man must incarnate as both boy and girl ethnics plus the various alternatives, the four primary ethnics (Asian, American natives, Africans and Europeans plus all mixtures), each of the 12 tribes of Ishmael or Eastern Zodiac signs and all combinations, the 12 Israel tribes or Western Zodiac signs and all combinations and then every possible combination of all of those individually and the different collectives. There is no one set sequence they meet, they are as various as the number of that equation.

2. profile image0
    threekeysposted 6 months ago

Kenneth I write "abc".
    I could feel as if you are taking the mickey out of me through being facetious. But I will choose not to take it that way(nudge nudge wink wink)

3. Isaiah Wormack-Mo profile image60
    Isaiah Wormack-Moposted 6 months ago

I grew up in and around religious households ironically enough such an upbringing has left me "agnostic" (I use quotations because that's a limited description). Around last year I was sitting in my basement sick riddled with anxieties and paranoia looking to escape through music. At this point in time, I had been listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony for the first time and had cried from beginning to end. Never before have I felt such a connection and understanding of feelings; feelings conveyed obscurely through a symphonic alignment of passion and harmony. At that moment I understood what people described as feeling God, feeling a true oneness an unconditional love for life where the only words you can process are "Thank" and "You". Now the circumstances surrounding the way one comes to this feeling will vary, but I believe it is imperative to seek out what will bring you to this point.

1. profile image0

I, too, am moved deeply by music. It can be both cosmic and orgasmic. Beautiful and surreal.

4. Lew Marcrum profile image95
    Lew Marcrumposted 6 months ago

Most life-altering experiences aren't something you "get" to do, but something that is thrust upon you.  You usually have no choice. 

My most life-altering experiences were a war, and the death of my father, neither of which I looked forward to with gleeful anticipation. 

I wouldn't wish a life-altering experience on anyone.  They will come to all of us in due time.

1. profile image0

No...you dont want those life altering experiences.
      Im sorry for the loss of your father and what you saw (or didnt see) when you went to war, Lew.

2. kenneth avery profile image81

@ Lew and threekeys  . . .I almost went to Vietnam via the Draft, but I know that God showed me mercy and allowed me to have an almost-long life which my statement begs to question: at what age (I am 64 now) do I start saying that I have lived a Long Life? I mean, is it 78? Please answer.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image46

As my first post here suggests, Lew, everyone of us will experience every general category every other being has ever experience to provide us with the understanding of ourselves as individuals man, thus, it is not one experience but THE combination of all of our experiences that will bring us to "SELF-REALIZATION."

5. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 6 months ago

To be near a vast body of water like an ocean or a sea. Seeing the horizon meet the water, especially during a sunset, lets one know how much bigger the world is than they are. Some inner-city or rural kids never get out beyond their neighborhoods to see a natural body of water. Water is life.
    Edit: Not necessarily "life-altering" but "perception-altering." smile

1. profile image0

I feel like you Jan. Nature when she smiles upon us shows how ingenious she is.
      A sunrise is one thing in life that happens with certainity.

1. janshares profile image96
        jansharesposted 6 months agoin reply to this

+1

6. Jessie L Watson profile image94
    Jessie L Watsonposted 6 months ago

Incarceration. During my rampant adolescence, I had 2 experiences in jail. I learned quite a lot. I watched people come in and leave only to see their picture in the obituaries several days later from heroine overdose. I learned about myself and the mistakes I had made all my life. I understood what it felt like to be on the verge of starvation. I heard all the horrible stories of criminal upbringing. I learned a lot about the way people get trapped in the justice system. I watched people who I genuinely thought were going to make better choices come right back. Most of all, I left with a profound sense of appreciation for my freedom.

"The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons" - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Get a DUI and have a look yourself, haha. :p

7. Sustainable Sue profile image96
    Sustainable Sueposted 6 months ago

For a life-altering experience that one has control of, I would say travel. Especially travel to third world countries to see how other people live. (Tourist travel . . . not so much.)

1. lovetherain profile image81
      lovetherainposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Good answer.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image46

It doesn't have to be a third world country if you "travel by foot while living a nomad's life" as i did almost none stop from November 1977 to February '80 through the U.S, Canada, Mexico and Belize. I left home without money and 6 changes of clothes that got down to only the clothes on my back at times and was forced to ear raw sometimes un ripe fruits and vegetables or anything I could find [except out of trash cans] or what I could buy when I found money. I ws forced to live in snow storms with only the clothes I had on my back, sleep in abandoned houses or cars ad go a few days without much food. That is THE experience that showed me just how strongly man are made and how we can live environmentally as I had realized Adam and Eve did in the garden. That is why I don't want - but am required - to return to civilized living. Freedom in the true since of the word.

1. profile image0

Elijah very few of us could do what you have done. It would be very helpful to package what you learnt about reilience and teach it to us. You would need someone to put it ineveryday language rather than through Biblical analogies, so you can reach a much broader group of people.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image46

You are correct, no more than 10% of today's human population will even qualified to do what I've done because that is the design of human's life on earth. However, eventually every human who ever pass through earth will be transformed from human [a mind unable to comprehend all things] via a life altering process to make them man [a mind able to comprehend all things]. 

Look at your question "What one life altering thing should every human get to experience at least once in their lifetime?" and understand we are still alive after discarnating and remains alive until we complete incarnating as both genders and all possible deviations, the four primary ethnics and all possible combinations, the 12 Eastern Zodiac signs and all possible combinations, the 12 Western Zodiac signs and all possible and all of those possible combinations collectively. Every HUMAN must complete all of those incarnations and go through something similar to what I have done to become MAN.

My writings are for people ACTUALLY willing to learn something outside of what they know, be it Astrology, religion, science, math, or any other subjects because it means they are interested in being "All They Can Be". Those who are to benefit from them will not matter how they are written, those who are not destined at this time can never be reached by them.

8. Lew Marcrum profile image95
    Lew Marcrumposted 6 months ago

I agree.  Tourists take the cruises and stay in expensive hotels with room service.  They venture out to "approved" markets designed especially for tourists, eat only in American chain restaurants and see the sights on their itinerary.  In Honduras the cruise ship lands in Roatan, many never even leave the ship, and the "adventurous" ones never leave Roatan Island where nearly everyone speaks English.  They buy a few souvenirs then go back home and brag that they saw Honduras.  Trust me, they didn't.  They wasted a lot of money, and the only change in their life is a thinner wallet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)