jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Dating a Man With Aspergers

1. Kim Slaughter profile image58
    Kim Slaughterposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Dating a Man With Aspergers (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I don't agree with Rupert.  I think your Hub has potential, because although it's talking about your experience, it is offering advice for others in the same situation.  However, it needs a bit of work.

If you want to gain readers online, you need to do more than just write.  I know some writers find that irritating, but it's the way it is.  You need to make your article LOOK attractive as well as providing good content. 

I have a Hub called How to Optimize Your Hubs (you'll find it on the slider on my profile) and I think it would help you to read it.  Important points for you to look at - always split your text up into several text capsules, use the proper "heading" formats instead of just underlining and caps, and aim for longer articles (over 1,000 words is best). 

As for Aspergers - I agree with Rupert that it can be a life-altering condition for some, but it is on a spectrum.  Some people are more affected than others. I know a couple of men with Aspergers who are very successful (they are both pharmacists, by coincidence) and have a wife and children.  Bill Gates has Aspergers, too.

Kim Slaughterposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you! I really appreciate the positive feedback!

2. greenmind profile image95
      greenmindposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

This is just a great hub.

Thank you very much!!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image99
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 weeks ago

The first thing you need to do is spend some time at the Learning Center, here

https://hubpageshelp.com/

There you will learn what HubPages is looking for and it isn't what you have written. Your article is more of a blog post whereas HP wants media-rich, magazine-style articles of at least 1,000 words.

Your submission has numerous grammar problems, such as you should never use the lower case i for the personal pronoun.

And, by the way, Aspergers is not a "slight difference." I have a son with Aspergers, and it is a life-altering condition that makes just about everything doubly difficult for him.

Thank you for the help, i will fix the grammer, ect. I'm sorry that for your son it is life altering but beside my boyfriend I have 3 family members with it. From what I have experienced it hasn't been life altering. Difficult yes. Life altering no so I apologize if I've offended you. I only write about what I have experienced hence where I said I'm not going to pretend I am an expert.

working