Who needs a license to fish for souls?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Artin2010 profile image66
    Artin2010posted 14 years ago

I just wrote a new hub this morning and after I hit the publish button, I knew I could not take my words back unless I delete or edit. As Christians the only license we need to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ is knowing what to say, when to say it and the reason for saying it. I myself prefer to start with words written by the Apostle Paul in Romans, then in John, then on to Ephesians and Phillipians. Even though knowing that I am too a sinner, I know that I can confess my sin, ask Jesus to stand with me, put on the whole Armor of God and do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. Share the message with all in season, it is our duty as faith holders to do this! Do you agree? God Bless...

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually - it is really annoying and one of the reasons the christian faith is despised across the world.

So - you think you are worthless, but because an invisible mythical being did something magic - you think you are qualified to minister to other people? Talk about the blind leading the blind......

Move a mountain for me or walk on water or something. Now - that would impress me. Empty, meaningless rhetoric from some one who does not even understand his own book?

No so impressive..... wink

And starting threads to promote your hubs is frowned upon:

"Please note that forum posts that promote your own Hub will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links."

Hit "reply" top left. wink

2. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The first century Christians did not go out in the streets looking for non believers to preach to. They worked within their own family groups. And even then they only made their beliefs available to be heard. They didn't push it on family members. That would even push family away how much more would that be true for a non family member. 
          Ya open a jar of honey and the fly will come. Ya don't go out catching flys to put in the Jar. 

How ever We do have a right to expect to be able to come to the forums and have discussion with like minded people.

3. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where do you get off assuming you have a license to spread the gospel? You don't.

No, unequivocally do not agree. It is not your duty to spread the gospel. Keep your delusions to yourself, please.

Thanks. smile

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kinda a roundabout way of saying it, but if you mean are followers of Christ authorized to spread the Gospel, then yes of course we are.  We're authorized and commissioned by God Himself.

2. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Put on the armor...you have just entered a battle.

3. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

It is coming -

A forum war is coming -

TAKE COVER!!!

4. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

I've said this to so many preaching Christians.

By shunning the beliefs of others (instead of embracing them and explaining your own, and allowing them to chose), you are driving people away from Christianity, and therefore savior.

By definition, you are doing the work of Satan.

Congrats, for you have damned yourself to hell (if it actually exists, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

5. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

I don't think you would be interested in hearing me say, "My cat talks to me," would you?  Even if I believe that my cat can talk...I think you would declare me delusional.  That's the way some nonbelievers feel about believer's mental status.  Staunch believers have no "good news" to deliver to anyone, just the same old delusional, tired, worn-out nonsense.

1. Unchained Grace profile image60
      Unchained Graceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The good news that I can bring is that, through our ministry, we have provided homes and employment for 60 previously homeless veterans
      and are currently housing a number of families who were previously living out of boxes and such. Collectively, their lives while homeless were without hope. They now have that and much more.

So, we ourselves don't pay much attention to the same old worn out drivel
      either. We just get it done for those society has tossed aside. Have a nice day.

6. Unchained Grace profile image60
    Unchained Graceposted 14 years ago

For what it's worth, the original title of this topic was "Do you need a license to preach the gospel?" This question refers, most likely, to the requirement mankind puts on individuals so that marriage proceedings and other such events can be decreed as having been performed by an ordained minister and such.

Mankind developed the term religion as he has done with so many other things. To place a label or to include within a given category suits the desire to put everything in neat little boxes which somehow makes it easier to comprehend.

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah that would be called language. It's how we communicate. Mankind creates a concept, like religion or prejudism, and then to refer to that concept while in communication with others, we give these concepts names. Most people consider that a good thing. But maybe yer right and it would be better if mankind just kept all their crazy thoughts to themselves. Good point.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)