Man can create life!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (61 posts)
  1. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

The worlds great scientists gathered in a meeting to discuss how they have "created life". One man gloatingly started, "I grew a human ear on the back of a mouse for transplant". The next, "I kept a heart beating in a plasma filled jar for a year" he smiled. A third, "I took a dead man's organs and made them function again".

"God?" they asked. "we don't believe in Him, look how smart WE are" They were very smart too. so smart that it took many magazines and millions of articles to convince the average dummy of how smart they really were. Amazing.

Anyway, God got word of the very very smart men and wanted to see if His creation really was smart enough to create life. "Tell them I would like to see this" God said to the angel that was there. "I'll create something new as well" He finished. The angel rushed down to tell the very very smart men. and... the men agreed. "We don't need Him anymore, we accept the challenge"   

And so it was. God came to their laboratory and the great battle was to begin. The scientists started working in the lab with some dead things. "Wait" said the angel, "bring your own things" he stated. "We are making life" said the smartest. "Thats fine" said the angel, but bring your own ingredients". They looked at eachother and figured that together they could do it. "Lets start from scratch" he stated to the other smart smart men. They all agreed. So he grabbed a jar of dirt from outside and started separating it.

God had finished with a beautiful new breed of parrot and it perched on his shoulder as He sat on a lab counter to watch. The scientists didn't pay much notice to Him because they began to charge the dirt with electricity. "Wait" said the angel to them, "bring your own dirt" he exclaimed. They all looked at eachother in confusion. 

God smiled and spoke to the angel, "Lemonade?"

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hat to you. Absolutely brilliant!

sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you.

2. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

A Jew and a Christian were arguing about the ways of their religion.

The Jewish man said, "You people have been taking things from us for thousands of years; The Ten Commandments, for instance."

The Christian replied, "Well, it's true that we took the Ten Commandments from you, but you can't actually say that we've kept them!"

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Pr0metheus profile image59
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

3. SandyMcCollum profile image61
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

LOL - I love these!

sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. smile

1. pddm67 profile image60
        pddm67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me three smile

4. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Two nuns were in the back of the convent smoking a cigarette, when one said, "It's bad enough that we have to sneak out here to smoke, but it really is a problem getting rid of the butts so that Mother Superior doesn't find them."

The second nun said, "I've found a marvelous invention called a condom which works really well for this problem. You just open the packet up, take out the condom, and put the cigarette butt in, roll it up, and dispose of it all later."

The first nun was quite impressed and asked where she could find them. "You get them at a drug store, sister. Just go and ask the pharmacist for them."

The next day the good sister went to the drugs store and walked up to the counter."Good morning, sister," the pharmacist said, "what can I do for you today?" "I'd like some condoms please," said the nun.

The druggist was a little taken aback, but recovered soon enough and asked, "How many boxes would you like? There are 12 to a box." "I'll take six boxes. That should last about a week," said the nun.

The pharmacist was truly flabbergasted by this time and was almost afraid to ask any more questions. But his professionalism prevailed and he asked in a clear voice. "Sister, what size condoms would you like? We have large, extra large, and the big liar size."

The sister thought for a minute and finally said: "I'm not certain, perhaps you could recommend a good size for a Camel?"

5. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

lol lol

6. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Repost: Other forum didn't appreciate. Hope you do.

A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied, "When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."

So the next Sunday he took the monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon return to his office after mass, he found the following note on his door:

1. Sip the Vodka, don't gulp.

2. There are 10 commandments, not 12.

3. There are 12 disciples, not 10.

4. Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.

5. Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.

6. We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C.

7. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior, and the Spook.

8. David slew Goliath, he did not kick the s**t out of him.

9. When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.

10. We do not refer to the cross as the Big T!

11. When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper he said, "Take this and eat it, for it is my body", he did not say, "Eat me."

12. The Virgin Mary is not referred to as the, "Mary with the Cherry".

13. The recommended grace before a meal is not: "Rub-A-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, yeah God". and finally...

14. Next Sunday there will be a taffy-pulling contest at St.Peter's, not a peter-pulling contest at St. Taffy's.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My husband thinks I've gone mad because I am laughing hysterically at the computer screen! That's absolutely fab - I'm saving this one smile Thanks for sharing Hokey!!

7. sooner than later profile image59

I think our humor is 180 hokey.

1. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OOPS!! roll

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying the OP was meant to be humorous?

8. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

Father Murphy was delivering one of his hellsfire and brimstone sermons. He shouts out "Everyone going to heaven, stand up!" Everybody stood up. "OK, now sit back down."

Then he roars "Everyone who wants to go to hell, stand up!" Riley stands up. The good Father was beside himself and yells, "Riley, I said if you want to go to HELL stand up -- you don't want to go to hell, do you?"

Says Riley, "No Father...but I felt badly for you standing up there all by yourself."

1. Hokey profile image61

Not very funny.  sad

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not? I thought it had a little bit of humor in it. Not enough to post. But, when I saw what you said, not very funny? I had to say it was, because I did find a little bit of humor in it. smile

Just a thought? smile

1. Hokey profile image61

thats why I said not VERY funny

9. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Man can create life!!!

Of course man can create life, all that's needed is a woman. smile

1. Wealthmadehealthy profile image59
      Wealthmadehealthyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear hear, this is the only way man can create life without God.

10. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I see. smile

11. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

The pope had become very ill and was taken to many doctors, all of whom could not figure out how to cure him. Finally he was brought to an old physician, who stated that he could figure it out. After about an hour's examination he came out and told the cardinals that he knew what was wrong. He said that the bad news was that it was a rare disorder of the testicles. He said that the good news was that all the pope had to do to be cured was to have sex. Well, this was not good news to the cardinals, who argued about it at length. Finally they went to the pope with the doctor and explained the situation.

After some thought, the pope stated, "I agree, but under four conditions." The cardinals were amazed, and there was quite an uproar. Suddenly a single voice was heard over the top of the noise: "And what are the four conditions?"

The room stilled. There was a long pause. The pope replied, "First the girl must be blind, so that she cannot see with whom she is having sex. "Second, she must be deaf, so that she cannot hear with whom she is having sex. And third she must be dumb so that if somehow she figures out with who she is having sex, she can tell no one."

After another long pause another voice asked, "And the fourth condition?"

The pope replied, "Big tits."

12. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

@Hokey, I love You.

1. Hokey profile image61

I'm jumping aroung forums looking for you

roll

lol

1. Hokey profile image61

What?  big_smile

Need an explanation? I hope not. lol lol

1. Hokey profile image61

Shhhhhh! Cagsil. tantrum might be around. roll

1. Hokey profile image61

What?  big_smile

2. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm here big_smile

1. Hokey profile image61

How ya doing?

1. profile image0

good now

you ok?

1. Hokey profile image61

Yeah. I am doing ok. Just been playing around on here and writing in my notebooks. Also working on new song on guitar.

1. profile image0

my email not working and like many nothing from hubpages
                fun indeed
                i just love that avatar
                and you to of course
                big_smile

1. Hokey profile image61

I am literally melting.  smile

1. profile image0

don't melt
                    I need you my friend big_smile

13. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Time for some visual humor. big_smile

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/gallery/offensive-to-all/judaism.jpg
    http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/gallery/offensive-to-all/islam.jpg
    http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/gallery/funny/believe-in-god-breath-spray.jpg
    http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/gallery/funny/god-myths.jpg

Sorry if I left your personal irrational belief system out. wink

lol lol lol lol lol

14. WriteAngled profile image72
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

A man arrived at the gates of Heaven.

St. Peter asked, "Religion?"

The man said, "Methodist."

St. Peter looked down his list and said," Go to Room 24, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."

Another man arrived at the gates of Heaven.

"Religion?"

"Catholic."

"Go to Room 18, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."

A third man arrived at the gates.

"Religion?"

"Jewish."

"Go to Room 11 but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."

The man said, "I can understand there being different rooms for different religions, but why must I be quiet when I pass Room 8?"

St. Peter told him, "Well, the Baptists are in Room 8, and they think they're the only ones here."

1. earnestshub profile image78
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

1. Hokey profile image61

Wonderful!!!!!!  lol lol lol

15. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Your welcome!!!!! big_smile

Quality all the way! lol Very funny, I would like to keep this one as well. Did you write it yourself? smile

1. Hokey profile image61

I would love to say yes but Karma will not permit. So no. It is great though! Had to share it!  big_smile

16. WriteAngled profile image72
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

From the late, great Dave Allen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVjBBDMOoA

Thank you so much! Tears of laughter! lol
      Such a clever mind. He makes the case clearly that you can't even get this crap past a 4 year old! lol lol lol

17. sooner than later profile image59

I have not been on in a while. Did they change the complete format or is my computer not like back home?

18. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Hi Earnest big_smile

Hi Kimberly. smile

19. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

St. Peter greeted Sister Mary at the golden gates.

You've done wonderful work Sister, but god demands I ask a question before we can open the Golden Gates and allow you to pass.

Sister, What were the first words Eves spoke to Adam?

Sister pondered that for a moment, looked puzzled and said to St Peter:... "My! That's a hard one!"

St. Peter smiled, turned and said "Joshua, you may open the gates!"

I know it's an oldie but goodie...lol

:lol; lol lol

20. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I create life every now and then if I don't clean the leftovers out of the fridge often enough!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)