Is the Mormon; Glen Beck the "Savior?"

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (100 posts)
  1. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Glenn's "chat" today was about "god" as being the foundation of "morality" in the USA.
    Might he be the "2nd Coming?"    :-)
    ok.ok it's Glenn..jeez

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't know Glen Beck was a mormon.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did not know this!  No wonder though, I couldn't stand to listen to him long enough to find out his religious beliefs.  Boy, does that explain a lot of things.  Hoo-haw!

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So is Gladys Knight.

RE: Beck.

It always amazes me that such hate mongers have so much "faith." And yet, if they read what their scriptures say, hate has nothing to do with the "gospel" they preach. So they violate the basic tenet of their own beliefs. And regardless of how you slice and dice his spin, there is a lot of division an devisiveness. Apparently Christian belief is based on unity, not division. So Beck is effectively and properly defined as a hypocrite.

2. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there a reason why you wanted to highlight that he is a Mormon?

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

of course!
        ...you guess why...

1. Sab Oh profile image56

No, you go ahead and tell me.

3. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh! That it explains it all!! lol

4. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Second Coming of Crazy.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

I think we're on the 1,000th+ coming of crazy, Dark. Not sure we'll see the end of it.

5. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course not! He's religious so what's wrong with that? He also believes that their is a culture on the left that wants to replace God with Government and wipe any reference of the creator from our history.

That's a question worthy of debate because we have seen groups try to remove God from the pledge, and from our money. In addition there's an argument to be made that the courts rulings on school prayer exceed the intent of the religious freedom guarantee of our constitution.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What creator is that? History? lol Don't they have dictionaries where you come from? God and Government should be separated - that is what the history books say. Or they do until Texas gets a hold of them. lol Tee hee - you Konservative Kristians are soo funny. Scary, but - mostly funny.

At least you are honest about your religion being more about politics than anything else. Well done for being honest.

1. profile image0

The "creator" can be many things to many people. I'm sure even you have a theory for how the universe came to be.

The fact is America was founded by people who wished to worship as they saw fit and christian principles were a part of that process. Now I agree government and religion should be separate but that's no reason to wash from history our christian heritage or to deny it. It's also no reason to prevent someone from praying in school.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
          -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

Now - you see - you are contradicting yourself there. Worship as they saw fit does not include ramming a religion down your throat. Which includes mandatory prayer. You can't have it both ways.

Yes - America was founded on those two wonderful Christian principles: slavery and stealing land from the natives, but still.......

1. profile image0

America wasn't founded on slavery. Perhaps you should read the constitution.

You want to talk about slavery today, let's talk about how it exists in Africa, and actually all over the world.

And MANDATORY prayer was NEVER required EVER in this country nor do I advocate it.

Oh and land was never stolen from the natives. They were compensated for their land, and are still being compensated today!

Well Poppa Blues - of all the people on hubpages who intentionally mis-represent themselves with a fake user name and stolen avatar - I think you take the biscuit.

land was never stolen from the natives.

They were compensated for their land,

and are still being compensated today!

Sounds like that really bites Poppa Blues, I feel your low-down blues from here. Exactly how do you compensate some one for intentionally infecting them with cholera?

Like wot it sez to do in the biybel........

Hmmmmmmm Kristian Family Values.

Bring Back The Good Old Days. lol

1. profile image0

I suppose according to your view people should have remained in Africa and never migrated.
                  You have to be the biggest wing nut here, really. You have a perverted view of mankind and of history. You've also got to be the most miserable person in existence! You have a way of amplifying the negative and ignoring the positive. According to your way of thinking it's wrong for people to reproduce, to exhale carbon dioxide or to excrete wastes!
                  I feel sorry for you, really. It's must be an awful burden to go through life feeling so bad about your existence.

LOLOLOL

Sure - I imagine from whatever planet you are living on - that is what it looks like.

Them Injuns we pay

da daa da duh

For the land they dun sole

da daa da duh

an you know what? they is.........

Still being compensated today!

da daa da duh

That is sooo the blues right there. I can hear the beat.

Da daa da duh

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Larious.

The Native's land wasn't stolen from them?  You really are from another planet.

2. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They, the left, want a secularist socailist govt. That is their intent. And the brave ones will admit it.

1. profile image0

There aren't any "brave" ones! They can't admit it and they won't because Americans would reject them, so they stay in the shadows of denial, lies and deceit and pretend to be for freedom and for the people!

I don't want a government at all. I want to be able to govern myself responsibly, and the rest of humanity do the same. But that's not going to happen, is it. I don't care what the premise of the government is as long as it's grounded on principles of personal well-being, which would obviously include human rights. At this point, however, government is convoluted, messed up, and catering to whomever has the loudest voice with the biggest money pot.

That isn't much different than any religion.

1. qwark profile image61

Daniel:
            You are so fulla BS!...lol
            Pls give us "Constitutional" backup for your inane comment that this god thing is the basis for morality and  the American way of life.

I don't know what you're smokin' dude, but I can't even imagine where you picked up that I somehow think government and the constitution are linked to God. That's nonsense.

I said that governments are *not much different* than any religion. That isn't anything like what you accused me of....

1. qwark profile image61

Daniel;
                lololol...you asked me not to respond, so I won't....ooooppps...lol

Uh....no, I didn't say that to you.
                  But whatever.

roll

6. profile image53
      theodidaktosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is and always will be one and only, Savior, Jesus Christ.

Through, the baptisimal of the Holy Spirit, the Word of God, and repetence from sin, is Your Salvation.

The spirit is the Word, and The word, is, the Bible.

Check out Gods Word, on my hub, I have more Gospel of the Lord which I will post very shortly.
      The subjects to Come, are, the seven spirits of the church of Christ, the two witnesses, the moon and the sun as well as  judgement Day.
      May the word of God be with you and the Peace of Jesus christ also.

your servant in Christ Jesus Lord and Savior.

theodidaktos

2. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Great!  Back to Mormons on the dart board...  Anyhow, in answer to your question, no.

Glen is an American citizen who is exercising his right to free speech.  This is the same right that allows us to post on these forums.  It is a right that I have been trying to teach and impress upon the people in these forums for months.

Whether or not he is a Mormon is entirely beside the point, and is a futile attempt to smear yet another faith based organization.  That's all that needs to be said on that.

A Savior!  Nope.  Anyone who feels the downward slide of this nation and acts upon that feeling in a way to inform the people, is doing what they are supposed to do in the discharge of their freedoms and liberties to persuade and warn the people.  This can often be misconstrued as someone trying to "save" the people.  Only the people can save themselves through their actions.  It's up to the rest of us who have knowledge and opinions to persuade others to see a different point of view.  Through this they make their own informed judgment as to what to believe.

Teach? You are a teacher now? Golly gosh. So - do I have the right to express my disdain for your continued attacks on people expressing their opinion? I mean - is that OK with you Mr Teacher?

How tall are you anyway? Pretty short I suspect. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I like my women short. My wife is Japanese and very short. I think it is cute.

Glen Beck a Mormon huh? No wonder he comes across as so condescending. That explains a lot. Mormons are probably the most hubris-filled of all the religionists. They haven't really done anything except build an office block as far as I can tell. No wonder all the real religions hate them. sad

1. Cowboy Coasters profile image59
        Cowboy Coastersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How could someone not know Beck is a Mormon??  That's like someone reading a religion forum in hubpages and thinking that Mark Knowles is a republican Christian.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mean Mark is NOT a republican Christian? lol

OMG!  Mark's a Democrat Christian?

2. earnestshub profile image80

You said "Glen" and "inform." I nearly wet myself!
      Does not compute! Does not compute! lol

3. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

Sarcasm is pointless. It contributes nothing. Beck, regardless of his religious beliefs, is a strong counterpoint to a Presidential administration that is out of control. And for all the inane rubbish posted about Beck, his ratings are sky-high indicating that his program is watched by millions. That cannot be discounted. Those same millions will vote this November. Whoever is controlling Obama -- and Obama is merely a mouthpiece for something much bigger -- is due for a serious downfall.

1. qwark profile image61

foreign:
      If the "sarcasm" was pointless I wouldn't have posted it.
      I watch and listen to Glenn.
      I sometimes agree with him, sometimes not. He's a helluv'n entertainer and he's bright.
      I respect his point of view and his right to express it.
      But when he reduces his show, almost, to the level of evangelistic, religious "preaching," in reference to American "morality," he deserves the sarcasm.
      I guess it's obvious that I'm a Bill Mahr fan.  :-)

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could you explain religulous?

I thought it was ridiculous.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Was the middle "M" a typo?  Omitting it makes the thread more sensible.

The middle "M" was added long after the cult was founded.  Finally, one of the followers learned how to read.

5. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Five atheists posting in a forum that is for Christianity, evangelism and Missionaries. In fact the OP is from an atheist. I would love to see them come to a pentecostal church and try and disrupt things like they do here.

They call us terrorists, while they try to terrorize.

They call us ignorant, while yet fighting against us. What would that make them?

They cannot stay away from the one thing they all abhor. Are the addicts?

Answer not a fool according to his folly lest you become like he is.

Is that your answer?

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The OP has already been answered. What I wrote above is just my observations.

Whew!  That was close!

Atheists tend to be contentious. Apparently that's not a Christian attribute, so there's not alarm for them that it's bad, per se. But from what I've seen, there is as much contention by many (not all) Christian believers in the religion forums. So while religious meetings shouldn't be interrupted  by contentions from anyone, the forums are a little different matter, I believe.

3. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Forums are designed for anyone to join in and submit comments and ideas to the questions and statements posted. Church or any religious sermens are not generally designed for open discussions or debates. You're compairing apples and oranges, Einstein.

6. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

Whats a mormon?

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

its a breed of donkey

1. profile image0
        SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh. Ok.I never heard of those kind before.

2. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

1. goldenpath profile image68
          goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Sneaks, how's it going?  Hey, let's just get it all out in the open.  How about we all just throw the chips in the jar and express what we know of Mormons.  It seems that most everyone here knows exactly what we are - let's here it!

I'll start:
          Mormons have tails (I've been asked this many times and it would make sitting on the toilet rather difficult)
          Mormons have many wives (inconceivable since one is enough smile )
          Mormons are not Christian (hmmm, The Church of Jesus Christ...)
          Mormons don't believe in the Bible (it's only scripture we always carry around)
          Mormons wear funny underwear (well, Haines are a bit itchy)
          Mormons baptize others against their will (freedom of choice and liberty is only one of the main doctrines we teach)
          Mormons are a cult (no more than atheists are or anyone else for that matter)
          Mormons have horns (so that's why I can't seem to wear a hat)
          Mormons relish in constant harems (right, activity like that would give me a cardiac arrest)
          Mormons are morons (no more than has been demonstrated here on this thread by assaulting non-Mormons)
          Mormons are non-charitable (yeah, right, it's not even worth listing all the service done in the past, present and yet to come)
          Mormons are condescending (try, just once, looking in the mirror)
          Mormons take people's money (we definitely teach the scriptural laws of tithing and other offerings, but it's never a forced issue, again it's the basic doctrine of free agency)
          Mormons don't believe in technology (we are on the forefront of technology, I've always loved that one)

Mormon this and Mormon that.  I've heard it all a thousand times and it proves only one thing.  Knowledge is lacking in those who accuse and assume.  None of the above accusations are true although there are a trillion more just as sick.  Is there nothing better to do with your time than to continue the rot?  If self righteousness is what many familiar faces wish to proclaim of themselves in cyberspace than go and prove yourself to them who are out there who need help, because you are doing no great wonder in here by tearing down other faiths.  You may continue your little laughing faces as it is just another demonstration of assumed knowledge and belittles only yourself. 

The thread was about Glen Beck and also about Mormonism.  Pure and simple.  He is not our spokesman regardless of the dung flung about in previous posts.  He is an American exercising his liberty to express himself.  Many Latter-day Saints do not agree with all of what he says.  It's called freedom, people, not religion.  If you want to bash the religion then go and revive the thread "Who are the Mormons" or whatever the title was.  The colors portrayed in many posts here need not be true colors.  It need not exhibit blackness in the heart and soul.  Change that color by trying not to be so hateful.  It's wrong and you know it.  There have been few things that I have not agreed with about Glen Beck, but he is not a religious leader and not a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

1. earnestshub profile image80

Well, what else would you expect from the other three thousand religions that are also "The only truth from god" You guys are hilarious! lol

2. LyndseyDavis profile image61
          LyndseyDavisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

goldenpath,
          I hear the pain coming through of having been belittled for your beliefs. I don't wish to add more. If it is too painful to read someone contesting your statements, read no further. There are many things I take issue with.

I'd like to go through them individually as rationally as is possible. smile

Mormons have tails (I've been asked this many times and it would make sitting on the toilet rather difficult)
               This is ignorance speaking about Mormons. It reflects the speaker more than the Mormons it purports to denegrate.

Mormons have many wives (inconceivable since one is enough  )
                 While not all Mormans follow older traditions, it was true that polygamy was an accepted institution. A small percentage still follow this though it is against the gov't laws and current Mormon dogma. Therefore, not inconceivable, though your humor is well stated.

Mormons are not Christian (hmmm, The Church of Jesus Christ...)
                  Just because one claims to be Christian does not make it so. The incident with Jim Jones, Waco and others attribute to false self proclaimed Messiahs. Jesus himself said, "Many will come to me saying, 'I did all these things in your name.' and Jesus responds that he will say, "Depart from me. I never knew you."  The truth is, no one can tell someone else they are or are not a Christian. The judge is Christ and I am not applying for the position. Therefore I cannot judge whom Christ will call his own. It is the individual's responsibility before God to confess their sins and honor Jesus as Lord of her/his life.
                However, looking at the  Mormon church, I find there are problems with the prophecies of Joseph Smith 'adding' to the Christian Bible. Revelation 22:18 pronounces against adding any more prophecies to the Bible. I believe this issue is true in many instances. If one wants to claim to be playing the game, e.g. basketball one can't change the rules of the game to suit oneself e.g.one team declares the game rules are like baseball, while everyone else adheres to the one rulebook e.g. basketball (or in the case of Christianity, the majority of followers say the Bible is the only book--no Book of Mormon added) and still call it the same game, e.g. basketball (or Christianity). If one changes the rules, which Mr. Smith did, it alters the belief, hence it cannot be called by the same name.

Mormons don't believe in the Bible (it's only scripture we always carry around)
               It is not the only scripture. As a military chaplain I was required to provide the Book of Mormon so my Momon service members could have their complete scripture.

Mormons wear funny underwear (well, Haines are a bit itchy)
                Perhaps attributing to some of the more secret rituals not referencing all Mormons. There are many groups, though, in cultures around the world that have members wear different attire when performing rituals. Half the colleges have fraternities and sororities require that. Hardly a denegration or a statement for everyday wear.

Mormons baptize others against their will (freedom of choice and liberty is only one of the main doctrines we teach) There have been some recorderd instances of this behavior. Again, it does not apply to all Mormons. A Mormon friend of mine was involved in an incident as such.

Mormons are a cult (no more than atheists are or anyone else for that matter)
               The definition of cult precludes atheists from being called a cult.
                A cult is a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
                  Atheists cannot be called a cult since they profess no religion, they are not organized and follow no specific leader, even if their views are extreme and unorthodox.
                  Mormons are a religion. Many Christians in many denominations consider Mormon dogmas false, but that is not necessary to be categorized as a cult. Mormons follow unorthodox teachings since Joseph Smith's teachings are not the orthodox church. The fact that he added 'latter day saints' to the name points to his unorthodoxy. He was separating himself from the orthodox Christians. Since Mormonism began with Joseph Smith's teachings, it seems inconsistent to argue for his orthodoxy.

Mormons have horns (so that's why I can't seem to wear a hat)
              I have never heard this. Sad commentary on what people's perceptions are, or maybe they thought they wore Viking helmuts with horns. Who knows?
          Mormons relish in constant harems (right, activity like that would give me a cardiac arrest)  Some Mormon communities have made headlines for their polygamous behaviour. Again, it is not all Mormons.

Mormons are morons (no more than has been demonstrated here on this thread by assaulting non-Mormons)
                   I would have to say that calling any human-being a moron is inappropriate.

Mormons are non-charitable (yeah, right, it's not even worth listing all the service done in the past, present and yet to come) 
                    The generosity of the Mormon church in many areas of life has been established. Anything else is ignorance speaking.

Mormons are condescending (try, just once, looking in the mirror)
                I agree that the passion associated with religion does lend itself to condescension and its practice is unfortunately present on all sides of the fence.
                 All faiths have arrogant people and humble people.
                 When one becomes the focus of negative attention for hateful condescending ways, the rest are painted with his arrogance.
                   For Christians, it is rampant even though it is contrary to the humility that Christ demonstrated and asked us to demonstrate.
                   Christ pointed to hubris pride as the worst sort of sins. (I did note earlier that Christ might say he never knew some of these folk)
                    Pride sent Lucifer from heaven. Pride and arrogance were evident in the words spoken by the thief on the cross cruicified with Jesus. On the other hand the humble thief, Jesus honored with, "Today, you'll be with me in Paradise."

Mormons take people's money (we definitely teach the scriptural laws of tithing and other offerings, but it's never a forced issue, again it's the basic doctrine of free agency)
                  The Lord loves a cheerful giver. Sourgrapes when people belittle the church for asking for money to operate. 10 % of our income is to be tithed. God said so. We are to give. The church receives, not takes.
                   Granted, the Mormons are enthusiastic in their church membership requirements about giving to the church.

Mormons don't believe in technology (we are on the forefront of technology, I've always loved that one)
                  Ignorance speaking.

I don't imagine you'll agree with me on all my points, but we can agree to disagree. I trust that I was not condescending, pejorative or derogatory. It was my intent to be respectful.

Sincerely,
          Lyn

My gosh, between you and Goldenpath, it's like watching and listening to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh at the same time. So many civil bullets between the two of you, hiding behind all that agreement of conservative hate.

Not impressive.

Mormons are just human beings. Human beings act pretty consistently just like other human beings. Divisiveness about religion is redundant in these pathetic displays of one-upmanship. There are as many exMormons in prison in Utah as there are Christians and atheists. You can not categorize a section of society and label them as any more dangerous because of a "Christian" belief in God, than any other section. It's pathetically stupid.

Agree to disagree....my arse. Still all about one-upmanship between the two of you. Neither of you intend to listen to the other. Ever.

Get over it.

Well, I am learning a lot about passive aggressive attacks. I honestly thought my Mum was a Master until I met Goldenpath here. Turns out she is an amateur in comparison.

I am seeing it must be part of the Mormon training. I see it as a very dishonest way of making an attack, myself, but - that tends to be what religion brings out in people..

These guys - they must get an awful lot of unprovoked assaults. Which is what they want I guess. The poor downtrodden believer who just wants to love Jesus in peace. sad So sad......

Do it again, Lyndsey. I want to see who shows the most tolerance and understanding out of the two of you. big_smile

I do believe they enjoy being victims of all things religious. They *must* suffer as Christ supposedly did, or they are not accepted by him. Thus the holy victim is born. How insulting of us to impede the path of them dragging their crosses in front of us.

If God did send his Son to die for us, he didn't intend for the whole human race to die the same way. The point is that he had only ONE begotten Son. Makes it all the more deplorable that so many imposters pretend to be Him also and then claim discipleship which really means "victimhood."

Sick. Mentally sick.

2. qwark profile image61

Swampdonkey:
      My father was a mormon...ya don't want to know!

7. Journey2244 profile image61
    Journey2244posted 14 years ago

I would say that he is closely related to the man downstairs, not the man upstairs.

8. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 14 years ago

Whatever Beck is, it's completely phony!
    He was on CNN first, remember?
    While there-he went on and on and on about the decrepit healthcare system we have in this country...how bad it is, how the doctors suck, the hospitals are horrible, etc etc.
    Then he gets on Fox, and all of a sudden we have the best healthcare system in the world.
    Disconnect!
    Whoever is behind Beck--they are the ones who are in for a big surprise.
    CIA Operation Mockingbird...GOTTA be. NO one in their right mind can believe that gobbledeegook.

Push button: Love America....
    Push Button: Hate America....
    Push Button: Healthcare is rotten...
    Push Button: Healthcare is the best...
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    No.....ahahaha. Give me a break! Beckles the Clown. Beckle the Shmeckle. Beck goes Back for the Buck. He has no core beliefs. They sway with the wind...much like O'Reilly's double chin.

Gee, reminds me of another rich, entitled Mormon by the name of Romney....

9. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Politically and morally, I agree with almost everything Beck says.
    When it comes to religion, I disagree of course.  I don't think he knows the Lord at all....

1. TheSituation profile image63
      TheSituationposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am pretty conservative on most issues other than certain social issues, like abortion and gay rights.  Glen Beck and Sarah Palin, disgust me.  I agree with some of their views but they just seem to be crazy, they are not doing conservatives any favors.

More than that! He doesn't know his bum from his mouth either! smile

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh - he is a religious type then.

1. Sab Oh profile image56

Gosh, ain't that bigotry fun! Feeling better about yourself?

Now that you mention it. smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61

But.......

Morality comes from knowing the Lord.

If he is moral, but does not know the lord...

THERE IS NO GOD!

Sleep well.

4. Pandoras Box profile image59
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

10. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Glen Beck is a pundit. Hired mouth. That is all. He speaks what he is paid to speak of. Thats it. Cannot be taken seriously anymore than Rush the opiate addict hypocrite Limbaugh.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may be right. Personally I have never listen to him.

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You aren't missing anything.

2. profile image0
        Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never even heard of him lol

11. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 14 years ago

http://whitenoiseinsanity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/glennbeck.jpg

12. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

I think Glenn Beck is hot.  I didn't know he was a Morman.  Do you know if he's looking for another wife? 

LOL

13. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

I guess we can add that to the other pile that's been stacking up in here.

Absolutely, hilariously funny! smile

14. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

hate to brake it to you all. But Christianity and God is the foundation our morals as a country, were built upon.  All the BS and junk NPR has come out with, and you guys think Beck is bad.

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Christianity didn't invent morals. Morals are innate in each of us. It's up to us to access them, develop them and nuture them. It's also a choice to disregard, ignore, and not believe in them.

Another thing you may want to keep in mind is that the Founding Fathers of the US in most cases were NOT Christians. They were Deists. Thomas Jefferson toted around his version of the Bible which was HIS interpretation. Utter and complete heresy, to conservative Christians these days. So are you absolutely certain our US morals are based on Christian beliefs?

If you want to talk BS, I believe your accusations are fitting.

1. TMMason profile image61

Where in my remark did I state Christianity created morals. Read what I write dan. then comment on my words.... not your own.

And yes, I am certain.

And most of the founding fathers were Christian.

NONE of them were Atheists.

Haggling over words is pointless. But let me just show where I got the impression from you....

"hate to brake it to you all. But Christianity and God is the foundation our morals..."

I don't know how I misconstrued your words so far out, but I still find them to read the same to me.

I didn't even slightly hint or imply atheists among the Founding Fathers. I said they were Deists, and Deists are not necessarily Christians, as I pointed out.

Sorry I read you wrong, but I really don't know what else to read from it. But you don't have to explain any further, either.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just curious, how many of the 56 signatures on the Declaration of Independence are those of Christians who believe as you do?

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

52 of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence were orthodox, deeply committed Christians. The other three all believed in the Bible as the divine truth, the God of scripture, and His personal intervention.
        Ofcourse none of them (or anyone else) believe exactly what I believe, otherwise there would be no diversity in the world.

Correct, Joseph Smith hadn't invented Mormons yet.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Some of the 1787 delegates had no affiliation. The others were Protestants  except for three Roman Catholics: C. Carroll, D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons. Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (Episcopalian, after the Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists, the total number being 49. Some of the more prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical or vocal about their opposition to organized religion, such as Thomas Jefferson  (who created the "Jefferson Bible"), and Benjamin Franklin"  ~~ wiki

smile

15. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Foundation of our moral basis in this country. I did not say Christianity created morals. So go bother someone else with your translations.

And yes a couple of the founders were deists, most were Christians... not as you and I would think of a Christian.... but Christians none the less.

Seems like a tad bit of denial in order to bring home a point. I accept your explanation as the best that it can be.
      hmm

denial where.

You twist what i say... and I say I didn't say that.

Yup denial alrightlololololol you are funny.

just like a leftist.... long live Che, eh...

16. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

No worries.
    I see no point in continuing. It goes nowhere.

1. qwark profile image61

Daniel:
      ooooppss again!
      My bad!
      It wasn't you who I was responding to!
      Apolologies in order!   :-)
      it was for TM Mason..:-)

anything you want to say to me... say it quark.

You won't be the first nor the last to talk trash to me.

lol

1. qwark profile image61

TM:
          No, I won't respond to that level of ignorance.
          But TY for the consideration....:-)

You learn quickly Grasshopper smile

17. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

I have participated in quite a few online forums, and I NEVER thought I would say this, but quite a few people who post here really scare me, and I'm not saying this to be funny.

I just had to get that out.  yikes

1. profile image0

Well that is definitely something we can agree on!

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I knew I would get that exact response; the only unknown variable was who would post it first.

1. profile image0

But of course! There's crazies on both extremes, that is unless you believe the Southern Poverty Law Center which for some reason can only find right wing hate groups.

18. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Glenn Beck is evangelizing again today!
    "..Down on your knees brother!...and pray to god that we make it out of this economic mess!"
    I'm waiting for him to say; put your hand on the TV screen and and I'll ask god to protect your jobs and retirements....heal my brother HEAL!!!
    Maybe he'll ask Jeramiah Wright to join him ..eh? "god damn America!"
    Oh boy!

19. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 14 years ago

Remember how Alex Jones snuck into the Bohemian Grove? He needs to sneak into the Beck show, and see how Beck acts when the camera is off....

Bet it's a 180...bet he's a snarky, rude, haughty a-hole.
    Just a guess, but the guy's phony as a three dollar bill.

Boy, if I lived near his studio,I'd try to sneak in there with a hidden camera..get my own reality video.
    Bet he swears like the dickens too. Bet he says stuff like, "Where's my G-D coffee? Somebody get me my G-D coffee!!. NOW."
    in 3-2-1....on the air!

"Oh America...God is calling you America."
    Ahaha.

Something else funny? When they interview each other! Like O'Really?'s guest will be Shmeckles.
    "So--are you crazy?"
    "Do I seem crazy to you?"
    "Well you don't seem crazy to me. Are you crazy?"
    "I'm not crazy. Do I seem crazy to you?".....for an hour.
    ahahahahahaha.

Not that I would know....just sayin! wink wink

20. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

So - is Glen Beck the new savior or not?

Color me confused. big_smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Yes.  His 1,000 year reign will seem like 10,000.

I'm re-thinking this whole cryogenics plan of mine.

It already feels like 4,000. Still - he is a Mormon and I gather they like to make it last. Not sure how they manage that without alcohol but I have never had a Mormon lady for comparison. Not a big fan of those bonnets they wear. sad  I am sure it is fine if you have a dozen or so - but one at a time? No thanks.

I was thinking of having my stem cells frozen instead of the cryogenics thing. I think cloning and a brand spanking new body is the only answer to eternal life. God knows I have done bad things with this body, so I am going with a whole new model.

I promise never to start smoking this time. wink

1. Cowboy Coasters profile image59
          Cowboy Coastersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bonnets? You are confusing Mormons with peasants or Quakers.

Perhaps he meant underwear!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)