Peaceful spread of Islam in Italy

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (41 posts)
  1. tantrum profile image62
    tantrumposted 13 years ago

Our good friend here Greek One suggested the thread "Spread of peaceful Islam in Vatican"; sorry, I could not find any page in Wikipedia for that

lol lol lol

2. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

By the way, how does this piece from your post indicate that the spread of Islam into Italy was peaceful???

"The history of Islam in Italy dates back to the 9th century, when wars of expansion by North African states brought Sicily and some regions in Peninsular Italy into the Ummah. There were Muslim domains in these parts of Italy from 828 (Muslim conquest of Sicily) to 1300"

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Greek One

I did not edit the article of Wikipedia; you can see my peaceful approach.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no, but you did place the article under the title "Peaceful spread of Islam in Italy".

Are you sayingn Islam did NOT spread peacefully in Italy?

1. profile image51

Hi friend

Perhaps you did not read the last para of my post:

"The first phase of political dominance in Italy by the Arabs; hampered the growth and spread of Islam in Italy; as Quran/Islam/Muhammad never believed in spreading religion by sword or force or compulsion.

Later Islam spread in Italy very peacefully. It is now second popular religion in Italy."

Dominance of Arab or other Political Rule is another thing; that is not supported by Quran/Islam/Muhammad. Spread of peaceful Islam is a different phenomenon; please don't mix it up.

Thanks

oh I see... and these Arabs, where they not Muslim?

You can't ignore violent attempts to spread Islam, and only talk about where it spread non-violently.  To ignore the first case is to ignore history and the fact that Islam spread both through violent and non-violent means

1. profile image0
              crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Clearly your logic is faulty Greek One lol

I’ll have to brush up on Wiki and reassess my thinking

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is what I am beginning to think.  Some people have a different understanding for the meaning of peace.

1. BDazzler profile image78
        BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Peace is for everyone who agrees with me and keeps their mouth shut otherwise ... once everyone agrees with me, we will finally have lasting peace forever...  I thought that was obvious, the problem is that the whole world doesn't see things my way!

tongue

1. profile image0

lol, behave. big_smile

by "peaceful", maybe he means by "cutting people into full pieces"

it's simply a language thing

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course.

Islamic "peace" is just like the Christian "love". wink

It is for your own good....................................

1. profile image0

Yes, yes.  I get this.  Too bad the concordance doesn't come with the definition of love in it. lololol.  Okay, now I will behave.

2. profile image51

Hi friends

Quran/Islam teach both peace and love.

Thanks

3. myownworld profile image75
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

((( Greek... didn't I warn you to keep your mouth closed.....! roll )))

damn, you sound just like my wife lol

1. myownworld profile image75
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol 

That must be the ultimate hell...um heaven for you! And you thought you could escape here online...!  roll

Run Run as fast as you can......

nah.. i am a newlywed so i still looooooooooooooove her

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Islam has been the source of just as much violence and unjustified retribution as christianity, I am hoping a religion free world comes about one day soon.

1. profile image51

Hi friend thisisoli

A religion free world is more  cruel and unjust; humanity has experienced it in Hitler and Stalin.

Thanks

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A weak overworked argument this one!

Check for religious wars, there are at least 30 going on right now.

2. Dense profile image59
        Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure about Stalin, but Hitler's a good Christian.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Dense

What denomination of Christianity did Hitler belong to? Do they own him?

Stalin and Hitler were both Atheists; but the Atheists are now embarrassed to own them.

Thanks

1. skyfire profile image80
            skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol,you mean hitler killed jews for non-religious reasons and atheists are afraid to accept it?

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

These liars shouldn’t let the Infidels access their war manuals! 

Mohammad had revelations depending on what was happening. When not everyone was eager to do jihad, he announced "revelations" telling them Allah was pissed and would punish them.

Hundreds of verses in the Qur’an and Hadiths that are hate filled and vile.
    Far too many to list them all.
    They would fill a book. Which they do.
    It's the Qur'an.
    Read it. smile

1. profile image51

Hi friend earnestshub

There is none such verse in Quran; Just give here the text of one such verse with the verses in the context, five preceding and five following, you will know it is not true what you say.

Thanks

6. earnestshub profile image81

How can you religionists just tell straight out lies about your own books?

Qur’an 5:33: “The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Prophet and perpetrate mischief [reject Islam or oppose its goals] in the land, is to murder them, to hang them, to mutilate them, or banish them. Such is their disgrace. They will not escape the fire, suffering constantly.”

Another 5:33 translation (but is it really any different than the one above?):

Sura 5:33 The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Apostle and strive with might and main for mischief (corruption) through the land is: execution or crucifixion of the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.

In the later revelations, and as Mohammad became more powerful and more cruel, he really let the Infidels (that’s you and me) have it, especially in the last Sura, the infamous Sura 9.

Qur’an 9:5 “When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.” This verse is cited more than any other as abrogating less aggressive Qur’anic passages. It is said to have abrogated no fewer than 124 verses of the Qur’an. The reference to the sacred months is said to mean that after this specific period of sacred month, you need not respect any sacred months any more, but can fight whenever it is convenient.

While the sword verse in 9:5 refers to idolaters, another verse, Sura 9:29 was given to permit attacking Jews and Christians (people of the book):

Sura 9:29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth (even if they are) of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.

How much of this crap do you have to read before you see the psychotic hate and loathing?
    lol lol lol

1. profile image51

Hi friend earnestshub

I requested you to just select one verse from Quran and give its context of at least five preceding and five following verses that would open a door of understanding the verse clearly; but I think you are not interested in it.

Thanks

1. profile image53
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes earnest, what is the matter here? Didn't you know it takes 5 verses in a row of uttering death threats in the Quran before anyone can understand the threats, not just one or two or three or four threats will do... wink

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol
          It's all about context apparently.

What his book says is irrelevant! lol
          It's only words. The words he lives by as a true Muslim.

The bible is just as bad and near identical with the killing and the torture, the fire and brimstone.
          Also "out of context" by the way! lol

1. profile image53
            (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In other words, even though the words of the bible, the quran and every other holy book are there for us to read, it's all about whose interpretation we should listen and follow.

It's as if the written word meant nothing at all.

1. profile image51

Hi friends

Quran needs no explanation necessarily; it explains itself in a system in it, in the context, or it gives hints and explains itself at other places in the Quran. Explanations are given only to help others who cannot understand it for their bias or do not want to understand it for reasons.

Thanks

yes.. exactly... you see, you are thinking of it like a, i don't know... book.

when it really is more like a slab of clay, which can be used to mold whatever you want...

http://www.popfi.com/wp-content/uploads/plastic-explosive.jpg

1. profile image51

Hi friend Greek One

Truthful flexibility is a good attribute for a religious book; science is also progressive.

Thanks

hahahah .. i love that term, "truthful flexibility"... thank you!

1. profile image0
                    crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

Truthful flexibility = what I believe is true even if nobody agrees with me tongue

7. earnestshub profile image81

This is love is it?
    This neurotic hateful crap goes on and on in the quoran as it does in the bible but you see it as love do you?

Totally insane!

Sura 3:151 Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers for that they joined companions with Allah for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the fire; and evil is the home of the wrong-doers!

Sura 8:60 Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power including steeds of war to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies and others besides whom ye may not know but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah shall be repaid unto you and ye shall not be treated unjustly.

8. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Hitler and stalin's way of living life is same as islamic teaching and nepotism to dominate world. (Difference is people die slowly by tolerating islam and with stalin/hitler there was instant death).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)