prophesy

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image60
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

How many Christians and non christians have read the book of Daniel and truly tried to understand the prophesy that is given in this book.

I admit that I didn't, untill I was in my late fortys.
    Before this, I was too busy reading how much Jesus Loves ME.
    I didn't have time to actually read prophesy. The preacher already told me about that!   Why do I need to read it  ????

How may of you have actually read the all of the prophesy in the book of Daniel?
      If you haven't you really need to.

I'll be going to bed in about an hour.
    So if I don't see ya tonight...  Good night.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It needs to be read, but not necessarily understood. Some are not called to understand prophecy and, personally, I don't worry about it at all.

Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But it is from this book that we get much of our information concerning the end of Days. The first mention of the"Rapture"
          In my opinion the book of Daniel lays the foundation for how we should understand  the rest of scripture.
          I don't think that it is hard to understand.

2. Jerami profile image60

Of course I could be wrong but I believe that this book is the most important book in the bible to understand because in understanding this book first; We can see all of the other scripture with clearer understanding.
       Just my heart felt opinion.

3. Jerami profile image60

It seems that most all teachers of scripture believe that the prophesy is of little significance.
       What we seem to forget is that most all of scripture is prophetic.
       What will happen if we please God, and what will happen if we do not. These are words of prophesy.
       Imagine our beliefs as a Flag pole
       Before I sit on top of a flagpole; I want to know what that pole is made of;  and have some understanding of the foundation in which the pole is imbedded.

If I have no understanding of these things I will not truly be confident that I am  safe sitting on that flag pole.

Especially when there are others to choose from.
    I would want to know "everything" that is available for me to learn before I bet my life on it.

I feel that the prophesy is the blueprint of that which my faith is built.

4. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Sometimes we engulf ourselves into prophecy and lose sight of the real reason for living.

Not everything needs to be understood by man before he can know the sureness of the foundation. Just as you make sure a foundation is up to standards before building upon it, we can rest assured that Jesus Christ is the surest foundation of them all.

Jesus warns of false messiahs impersonating him.
          He also warns us of false doctrines.

I think that this is why the prophesy was given to us in the first place. To test our doctrine.
        If the doctrine does not fit within the scope of these prophesy, either the prophesy or the doctrine must be false.

And if we have permision to interpret these prophesy to our own satisfaction, there is no way then to test the doctrine.

I think that this is why Peter spoke of the prophesy having no personal interpretation.

5. Jerami profile image60

I do not intend to argue, but am expressing my opinion as to where I think the heart of the problem lies for there being so many different doctrine.
       You must admit that they can not be ALL be true.
    And there would have to be some kind of way to test the spirit so that we not be deceived

1. profile image0

Personally, I believe you are over complicating things. A foundation is at the bottom of each house that is built. The houses may look different, but the foundation is still strong.

When you speak of different doctrines, I am not sure if you mean chirstian doctrines or doctrines of other beliefs. Please clarify if you don't mind.

Sorry for the delay.  been building tables and just got back from an errand
          Was answering your question the best way that I know how and I think it turned into a hub. Will work on it a little bit more and plan on posting it tonight.

for now I'll just say ya need to read the chapters of Daniel pretaining to Prophesy.  ( 2 7,8,9) 10 and 11 would have to be another vision how the third and fourth kingdoms come into power. And finishing with the little horn coming to his end.

1. profile image0

It is fine. I have been busy myself.

Someone took it upon themselves to break into the Church where I go and steal our guitars.

I too an sorry to hear about that.
            What is the world coming to.  I remember in the old days the church buildings were never locked.  No one would rob a Church.

I on two ocasions have gone into a church to sleep till morning.  My car had broken down way out in the country.
            I didn't steal anything either.

1. profile image0

I remember those times also Jerami. The world is full of hate, murder, lies, and thievery. It is what Satan does.

That was the good old days except for picking cotton for 3 cents a pound. But then again cocacola was only a niclke. So I guess it was still the good old days even with the cotton pickin.

6. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

So sorry to hear of this loss SirDent, I know you love your guitars
    I hope they are returned undamaged. smile

1. profile image0

Probably about $5000 worth of guitars gone. One is actually irreplaceable. Our lead player's guitar was a gift from his dad many years ago.

7. Jerami profile image60

It is too bad about your stuff.  Maybe you can find them in the pawn shop in a town far enough that they think that you won't look yet closs enough for them to go to.

I did answer your question about why it might be important to understand prophesy. May not have explained as well as I would liked to but I tried.

1. profile image0

I will try and get back on discussion with you. Bought a bass guitar today and going to string it with new strings and work it over a bit.

I hope that you made a police report,Police in texas go by the pawn shops once a week checking paperwork on stuff that was pawned within the past week.  Looking for stolen stuff.

Any way, hope ya love your new one.

1. profile image0

State police came and checked for fingerprints. Not sure if they found any or not but the pawn shops have been notified and are on the lookout.

The new bass isn't near as good as the one that was stolen but it will do for now.

That is good.  could be better but???

1. profile image0

Actually I was thinking it could be worse. 3 mixing boards and 4 power amps they left along with microphones and guitar amps.

1. earnestshub profile image79
                earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought amps and mikes were pretty expensive? I wonder what sort of thieves they are? smile Stupid ones no doubt! Being smart and a thief don't go together always! lol

1. profile image0

I just bought the bass amp I use there around Christmas time. It was priced at $700. One of the mixng boards is 24 channels and cost about $2500. The other 2 are 12 channels each.

Two speakers that cost $600 each were left alone.

Woo whoo! That is a lot of hard work saved right there! See how little it takes to get me thinkin positive? lol

2. Jerami profile image60

I was just trying to show some sympothy. 
                But you've got the right idea.

Yes I probably would too if in your position. What sort of moral code is running here? To steal is wrong, but we do realise not everyone has been in a great position to learn that.

I once hired a kid after I caught him stealing a motorcycle from me. He worked to pay for his bike. All good! smile

That is a good thing.  Sounds like it all worked out for the best.  Did you see something good in the kids eyes to make you wanta do that?

8. Lady Rose profile image75
    Lady Roseposted 14 years ago

Hi Jerami. I love your interest for prophecy and specially the book of Daniel, because it is also my passion for the last many years. In it you can actually follow the current news if you look closely enough...there is soo much in it. The prophecies in the book of Daniel were given to him to be sealed and only opened and understood in the end of times. Not even Daniel was supposed to understand, how could he?  But it is given to us, who have the privilege to live in these exciting endtimes, to understand and to let everyone else know about it. Keep up the good work.

9. Jerami profile image60

Hello Lady Rose 
      Thank you for the compliment
      I have been intently studying the end time prophesy for almost ten years. My views are like no other that I have seen, read or heard. I just published a hub that just about sums up my beliefs (in short fashion) You may not agree with my views when you find out what they are. Seems as no one else does.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)