In search for an honest answer

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Rishy Rich profile image71
    Rishy Richposted 14 years ago

As he was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." Mark 10:17-18

- Was he God?

"But other of the apostles saw I none, save James THE LORD'S BROTHER."  Galatians 1:19

- Was he the only child?

"Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his BRETHREN, James,  and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his SISTERS, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?" Matthew 13:55-56

- Was he of virgin birth?

How many followers he had in his life time? How many people throughout the world knew that God is living with us? How many non biblical sources talk about his miracles?

DO YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS?? IF NOT THEN PLEASE CHECK IT YOURSELF

I am just looking for some honest answers...

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What the man recognized when he came up to Jesus is the man Jesus.

If you would read more you will find where Jesus asked Peter, "Whom do men say that I am?"

Peter replied, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elias or one of the other prophets."

Jesus then asked Peter, "Whom do you say that I am?"

Peter said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

You see, Peter recognized who Jesus really was. Others didn't have a clue.

Jesus was the oldest of hbis siblings. The first born. He was born of the flesh and of the spirit at the same time.

When Gabriel came to Mary, he told her she has been chosen to give birth to Christ. If she was chosen, there must have been toehrs considered.

If you would read the Old Testament you will find many women wanting a son. There is a reason for this that I have not heard anyone really address. The Jews knew the promise of the coming Messiah and the married women wanted Him to come through them. God chose to do an impossible thing by allowing a virgin to givre birth to Jesus.

Just before He ascended there was about 500 He had told to tarry in the upper room. Most of them left and went to their homes. It is hard to really tell how many actually were following Jesus. Many were added daily.

Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You said "...Just before He ascended there was about 500 He had told to tarry in the upper room. Most of them left and went to their homes. It is hard to really tell how many actually were following Jesus. Many were added daily."

Can u mention the source pls?

SD...Even if u r ryt abt the number 500, I must say it is Significantly insignificant for a God to possess such a small number of followers in His life time. World population around 20-30 AD was around 200 Million. Your God managed only 500 among them?

If you still say He is the God then isnt it possible that such Gods come & go frequently & we dont even get the chance to learn that they existed?

1. profile image0

There were many more that did not follow Him around everywhere he went.

well u didnt answer me, heres its again: IF you still claim that He is the God (who had small number of followers in his life time)  then isnt it possible that such Gods come & go frequently & we dont even get the chance to learn that they existed?

1. profile image0

I answered your first questions. You did not comment on those answers except to ask another question and another question. Do you accept the answers I gave you previously? If you do then just say so and we will move on. If not, there is no point in continuing this discussion, but I will address your question.

"IF you still claim that He is the God (who had small number of followers in his life time)  then isnt it possible that such Gods come & go frequently & we dont even get the chance to learn that they existed?"

I said above that there were many followers in other places. How many there were altogether, I cannot answer.

Is it possible that God can be born again and again? Yes it is, but He was born only one time. God does things right the first time no matter how much men may screw things up.

2. profile image0

1Co 15:1  Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
          1Co 15:2  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
          1Co 15:3  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
          1Co 15:4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
          1Co 15:5  And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
          1Co 15:6  After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Act 1:14  These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
          Act 1:15  And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was technically a bastard and only had half-siblings. That where the real story starts. Point is he was no different than a lot of the world's population. The points of doctrine from that point on are really up for grabs in most cases because we have no actual written words of Jesus, only those who wrote the stories down and added their interpretations.

1. profile image0

The man never made a mistake. Everything He did was good. he preached repentance from sins to gain the grace of God. He was crucified, buried and raised from the dead after going to hell and preaching to those which were in prison.

Do you see a lot of people doing that these days?

1. getitrite profile image72
            getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus said "No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came
            down from heaven, the Son of Man who is in heaven..." (John 3:13).

I guess Jesus never heard of Elijah who was taken up to heaven in
            a flaming chariot!

2. SpiritMom profile image61
      SpiritMomposted 14 years agoin reply to this

some sources say John was his brother.

2. kess profile image59
    kessposted 14 years ago

Know God and Jesus is not about knowing who God and Jesus is/was.

That knowledge would be there after you get to know your ownself.

Jesus knew exactly who He was and thus he spoke......

You get to know who YOU are and the things Jesus spoke will not be strange....

Then all parables are made plain...

I think Im Rishy Rich smile

3. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

And he addressed the fig tree. 'May
    no one ever eat fruit from you again,' he said.  And his disciples
    heard him say this."
    (Mark 11:12-14)

This took place just before Passover which occurs in March or April.
    Figs cannot be expected in Israel until June.  To destroy an innocent
    tree for not having fruit when it wasn't even in season does not
    reflect well on Jesus.  He displayed ignorance and pettiness.

4. getitrite profile image72

"Jesus left that place and withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 
    Then out came a Canaanite woman from that district and started
    shouting, 'Sir, Son of David, take pity on me.  My daughter is
    tormented by a devil.'  But he answered her not a word.  And his
    disciples went and pleaded with him.  'Give her what she wants,' they
    said, 'because she is shouting after us.'  He said in reply, 'I was
    sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.'  But the woman
    had come up and was kneeling at his feet. 'Lord,' she said, 'help me.' 
    He replied, 'It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it
    to the dogs.'  She retorted, 'Ah yes, sir; but even  dogs can eat the
    scraps that fall from their master's table.'  Then Jesus answered her,
    'Woman, you have great faith.  Let your wish be granted.'  And from
    that moment her daughter was well again.
      (Matt. 15:21-28)

Jesus spurned the afflicted child of a gentile, likening them to dogs:
    What a callous attitude towards a suffering child just because she
    wasn't Jewish.

This person depicted as Jesus is in no way worthy of worship, but some deluded people go right on forgiving him, and calling him perfect, despite the proof right in the bible.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend getitrite

Jesus was a kind hearted person; he could not say such words. This is a madeup story of the gospel writers; who never believed in Jesus and deserted him at hour of nees. The scribes have tried to defame Jesus by narrating such stories; on the other extreme just to deceive the people thye make him a god; which he never was. Did he create anything; everything in the Universe remained the same as before the birth of Jesus.

Jesus was a righteous and kind-hearted person.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you were to actually understand what you write you would  quite often find that you have answer your own questions.
      If you pulled your questions together you do sometimes answer the lsat question with the next question.

Seriously?http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Holidays/Easter/BunnyGreyEatsCarrotWhite.gif

1. Jerami profile image59

It sometimes seems that everyone has got all the same pieces to the puzzle but won't dump um outa the bowl so as to spread them out and see what ya got.

Or are you just funning with all of us.

5. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

getitrite wrote: ...ask about.....
      Jesus spurned the afflicted child of a gentile, likening them to dogs:

He said in reply, 'I was
    sent only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.'

(jerami thinks ... He is making a forthright statement
       of much importance)

She retorted, 'Ah yes, sir; but even  dogs can eat the
    scraps that fall from their master's table

Then Jesus answered her,
    'Woman, you have great faith.  Let your wish be granted.'
    ============================
    Jerami said.... This represenst the  how and why the gentiles were added into the covenant.

Do you KNOW this, Jerami, or do you just BELIEVE it?

And if you do KNOW, could you please show me how you KNOW, so I can apply your method?

If you were standing out in the rain, you think that it is raining and landing on your head.  Do you know that it is raining? or believe that it is raining?

You believe that it is raining until you look at the weather station and then you know that it is only if they say so.

Of course I do not KNOW cause I havent' checked what they say on the Tel E vision set.
           But I think that it does?   What do you think ?????

Your ridiculous reply proves that you don't KNOW.  Unbelievable. Where is your integrity, man?

6. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

How do you get answers about a fairytale that are honest?

All you will get here is faith. Faith in nothing real. smile

7. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

getitrite  said   
       Your ridiculous reply proves that you don't KNOW.  Unbelievable. Where is your integrity, man?

I was only trying to let you see what you sound like.

But you didn't get it Huh?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh179/bmxican202/absurdlogo.jpg

Yea I knew, You are much louder than I.

If I said that it was raining and it landed on my head you would ask if I could prove that! 
           Unless I call the weather bureau you wouldn't believe me.

No! I would believe you.  The rain would be your evidence.  I would not need an authority to tell me what is self-evident.

8. getitrite profile image72

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff86/donvader88/Myspace%20stuff/Logic.jpg

You be the big boy ...  Right.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/666o_2006/foolish.jpg

That's you holding the umbrella.  That's me, under the umbrella, getting ready to call the Weather Bureau. LOL
        I just can't seem to perceive when it is raining lol

Now you are getting the Idea.

I'm there for ya buddy

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)