Do you exist? Prove it, please.

Jump to Last Post 51-78 of 78 discussions (251 posts)
  1. SearchingForTruth profile image58
    SearchingForTruthposted 13 years ago

All books (all religions believing in God or some named deity based on God) claim God is the most high being that exists and that none are before Him ... some claim that God is a trinity of beings (Father, Son, & Holy Spirit), others claim God has many names yet God should only be called by ONE name ... your own Qu'ran. Beelzedad posted the references I was thinking of in that aspect, but also how is it possible to read the Qu'ran and the majority think it is peaceful yet others are able to pull the "vigilante" and "jihad" side of it? I am doing more research all the time and starting to write down more and more of the contradictions. Once I have a more thorough accounting of them, I will post them as a hub and let you know about it so you can look at it and hopefully give some constructive criticism and enlightenment. Peace to all.

1. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Before you do that; you may see the context of the verse in question; some verses preceding and some verses following. You yourself will understand the true meaning.

Just a little thought and one understands Quran.

You are welcome for your research.

I will be pleased to help you.

2. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Tazzy3613 wrote:
    I have to admit I'm indeed new to this and I'm finding this quite fasinating. The fact that someone posted to ask to prove if one exsit and then in turn is wanting or is expecting a answer is quite intriguing!

Paarsurrey says:

I just wanted to bridge the gap between Theists and the Atheists. If the Atheists provide a valid argument for their own existence; the same reason or the flaws in it provide the fallacy they have about existence of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.It is supposed to be a peaceful discussion, and on my part it will be.

Others could happily disagree with me

1. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paarsurrey, I have no idea what you just said.

1. profile image52

The reason or the line of argument which I could give for my existence or you could give for your existence should be a valid argument for existence of anything or any person.

May be it is now clear to you; else I will explain again.

1. BDazzler profile image78
          BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Axiom: From Wikipedia:
          In traditional logic, an axiom or postulate is a proposition that is not proved or demonstrated but considered to be either self-evident, or subject to necessary decision. Therefore, its truth is taken for granted, and serves as a starting point for deducing and inferring other (theory dependent) truths.

---

Existence or non-existence of any elementary entity, including the existence person being addressed, the person making the argument or for that matter, God is axiomatic.

It must either be agreed to or not. If an axiomatic principle is not agreed to, no logical agreement can be reached. Therefore it is logically useless to try to prove or disprove the existence of God, self or others.

1. profile image52

Well I am an ordinary man in the street. I don't go into complicated terminology. Truth is always very simple; it just goes into the heart; that is its beauty.

Nothing complicated about the terminology if one takes the time to learn it.  You did say that the Koran encourages learning, did you not?

3. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

Existence is eat, drink and be Merry.Of what use is existence if you are not living? roll

4. steffsings profile image65
    steffsingsposted 13 years ago

...figured I really DID NOT exist  since I could NOT prove it.... THEN, I checked my last paycheck stub & attendance records & 'THEY' Said Yep, I'm still employed & I keep cashing those checks to buy my tofu so, either I exist or someone ELSE is wearing my skin and making me WORK for it! DONE! I'm Here!!!

1. profile image52

I think you exist as you have given just now many proofs of your existence. Havnt' you.

1. steffsings profile image65
        steffsingsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you are 'correct' sir (big smile..)

5. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Answered ya didn't I???

6. joer4x4 profile image61
    joer4x4posted 13 years ago

Perhaps the proof is in existence itsself. Ask the question - is consciousness possible without existence? The answer is obvious:)

perhaps even axiomatic wink

7. profile image52

illeagle wrote:

There is no absolute proof that anything exists. I believe I am. I cannot prove it. I can't state exactly what 'I' is.

Paarsurrey wrote:

Thanks; one cannot prove it as our life is just like an icon of the desktop of a computer; a clikd could delete it. Life has been bestowed to man by the Creator-God Allah YHWH and waits a delete command from Him, when it would come to an end.

8. profile image52

The Atheists Skeptics say that "I" or ego is in the brain. I don't think if they see their brain, they will be able to even recognize it.

9. profile image52

Normally the Atheist's stance is that those who believe in God; they should prove God's existence. If that is the  correct apporach; then a person who says that he exists; he should come forward to prove his existence; for comparison and argument.

10. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I cannot prove I exist over the internet! This is impossible as the only thing I can bring is my typing and words! And my proving that I exist doesn't matter for I know I exist!

As far as proving God exists! God doesn't need to prove he exists! He is who he is! He is the God of all and he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone! He wants people to accept him by their freewill! If they don't then he doesn't exist to them because they chose for him not to! But in reality God does exist if they believe or not!

1. profile image52

An intellignet answer.

But He lets Himself to be known to the people out of His mercy and His grace, the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

It is His additional mercy

2. profile image52

You don't have to prove it. Let the Atheists Skeptics Agnostics prove it; with the same argument the Theists should prove that the Creator-God Allah YHWH does exist.

You just prove them false; right

Thanks

11. SearchingForTruth profile image58
    SearchingForTruthposted 13 years ago

For those of you who wonder why we nonbelievers get so angry in debates with you, read this please. Eloquent and passionate, she hits on many of the reasons why I (as a nonbeliever) do not believe in God. This may give you some needed insight into why we are as upset as we are.   http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta … nd-an.html

Read the blog, but it doesn't seem any more or less rational than any other venting of any other view.  Venting may be cathartic for the ventor and may serve as a point around which others angry about the same thing can rally, but it certainly doesn't change anybody's mind who already disagrees.

People don't like to be told they are wrong.  These days, however, some people seem to like to feel victimized for being told that.  We've mixed up victim and hero and so whenever anybody (Christian, Atheist, Muslim, Jew, etc. doesn't matter ... ) has their beliefs/non-beliefs criticized they get mad and play the victim.

The problem with that is that it only matters to people who  care about how  you feel.  For people who don't care how you feel, being mad is irrelevant.  In fact, it is probably counterproductive, because people don't see the rationality, they only see the anger, which they tend to ignore. And the really nasty people see making their opponents angry as a victory.

For people who do care, well then there's really no point in being mad at them, because they already care.

So, she and you and everybody else on any religion or non-religion can be as angry as you want to be, but the only people who care are the people who care ... and if they care, why are you angry at them?

12. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

O hai, yes I am conscious and I exist.

1. profile image52

I think you do sleep sometimes of the day; obviouly you are not that conscious at that time; so you don't exist at that time. Do you?

The Creator- God Allah YHWH is the only All-Coscious being; neither slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep:

[2:256] Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=255

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What kind of garbage is that? "When you sleep you do not exist." Wake up and smell the coffee, which you can smell even when sleeping.
        Brother Dave.

I love coffee !!!! I'm going to go get another cup right now! Great idea! wink

13. profile image52

Awakening and doing something is a full conscious activity;in sleeping one is at the lowest ebb of conciousness:

[39:43] Allah takes away the souls of human beings at the time of their death; and during their sleep of those also that are not yet dead. And then He retains those against which He has decreed death, and sends back the others till an appointed term. In that surely are Signs for a people who reflect.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=38

14. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

I know I exist, the Tax Office says so, therefore I exist. That my friends is proof, if the Tax Office says you exist, then you EXIST PERIOD!!

15. profile image52

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how do you define existence?

16. profile image0
    luabuposted 13 years ago

do i exist

i thought i did

last night i had my doubts

the 2 minutes between washing my teeth and falling asleep last night seemed unreal somehow

a space where nothingness lasts forever

luabu

1. profile image52

That may reassure you that you exist; how would you prove to others that you exist?

The same line of argument would prove that the Creator-God does exist, in my opinion.

17. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

Parr,

Hear you go again asking simple silly questions.

PROOF I EXIST.
    1/ The tax man knows I exist I pay TAX.
    2/ The Goverment knows I exist I vote.
    3/ The mirror show's me  I exist it lets me see myself every morning.
    4/ The policeman that gave me a traffic ticket know's I exist
    5/ The bank knows I exist they give me my money.

And that is 5 stupid reasons that I exist.
    6/ Who else can type on my p/c as me??

Skipper.
    Not even close Parr: Jesus Christ never had to prove a existance, like this.

It seams to me you will try any 'trick' to try and prove your missconception of Islam because to main stream Islam your cult does not EXIST.

1. profile image0
      luabuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi skipper 112/parrsurrey
      this is not a silly question
      it stopped me in my track and it's something i'v been thinking about

using the tax man is funny but tragic

something is there when it's absence is quantifiable
      who will miss you or me in 150 years
      then neither of us will exist
      our presence now is therefore a cosmic noise of no relevance
      maybe we just pased on genes /maybe not
        but you or i don't exist
        dig a bit deeper than the tax man

1. profile image0

most religous fanatics exist on the cusp of reality and bullshit

18. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 13 years ago

"I" don't exist "I" just think  "I" do.

1. profile image52

I don't understand it. Please elaborate further.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I is a perception that is connected to the whole. Kinda like a wave on the ocean. Am I a wave or am I the ocean. My perception might tell me I am just the wave but I am really the ocean. So how can I say I exist as I perceive me today?

1. profile image0

hi pennyofheaven
        is this

i think therefore i am 

i think it is you know

then i've just figured out it isn't

sorry

You are deep you know!

1. profile image0

I is a perception that is connected to the whole. Kinda like a wave on the ocean. Am I a wave or am I the ocean. My perception might tell me I am just the wave but I am really the ocean. So how can I say I exist as I perceive me today?

listen to this woman
          she's good!

1. profile image0

pennyofheaven/you make me think

'let me  not to the marriage of two minds admit impediments'

try this
            you can't say you exist because you can't fully perceive yourself
            accepted
            this presumes alternative perceptons of yourself
            this is correct
            other people see you
            cats see you
            birds see you etc
            you are the spot where these perceptions meet
            the fact that these perceptions cross at a point means you exist in this world at that point
            the point of other perceptions meeting
            Phew.I thought we had lost you there for a while
            QED

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
              pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense to me!

19. MissKarolaina profile image40
    MissKarolainaposted 13 years ago

The strangest question I've ever heard!

20. DoubleScorpion profile image79
    DoubleScorpionposted 13 years ago

To answer the Question of "Do I Exist" and my proof would be or not be...considering on your take on it...

1. I have to exist because you are talking and responding to me.
    If I didn't exist then either:
    2. I am a god because you are talking and responding to me.
    3. Or YOU are completely crazy because you are talking and responding to me!

Which one do you think is the most probable?

21. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

There is no proof only theory and conjecture! smile

1. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I myself typing this forum post for me.smile

22. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Yes Virginia, there is a logic and commonsense! smile

23. pilesnoway profile image61
    pilesnowayposted 13 years ago

do i? You decide smile

24. want2b1 profile image55
    want2b1posted 13 years ago

hi im shell im just wondering if there are real vampires if so i would like 2 meet 1 and b changed in to 1 plz reply ty xx

25. Midnight Oil profile image83
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

I post, therefore exist... wink

26. profile image59
    fljaweiuposted 13 years ago

Wow that is very impressive, and looking at the code very efficient. I like it - a lot.Thank you so much for your assistance. I can see me using this quite a lot.
    cheap cartier love ring prices

27. tom_caton profile image79
    tom_catonposted 13 years ago

Well I know I'm a little insane so, you probably don't exist

28. profile image52

Please don't take it personal; it is just for the sake of argument.

The same line of argument will prove that the Creator-God exists.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)