Athiest

Jump to Last Post 51-75 of 75 discussions (431 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image72
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Second dummy-spit, this one was a type 2. smile

1. libby101a profile image61
      libby101aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earnest I thought you said there were numerous dummy spits?

They decline in number? Or did they merge?

Seriously. I am no dummy. I serously respect all. I honestly have no quarrels with anyone. We all have our thoughts and feelings on all matters! There is no way that everyone can agree on everything!

We are all human and that is one thing we all have in common.

We will never agree on these things. And that is okay with me! I still love everyone!

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You still can't work out what a dummy spit is?

It's what a baby does sometimes when it doesn't get it's own way. It spits the dummy out of it's mouth. Maybe you prefer the more American Pacifier. smile
        When ever you present your tiny little half assed god here as "the way and the light and how to go to heaven" you can guarantee you will hear from myself and others here who don't confuse facts with fantasies no matter how often they are presented because they are self evident lies.
        Read the whole book.

I do not like lies. smile

Ok! Funny!

But I am nobody's sucker!

LOL

In light of your new knowledge would you like to apologise to me now for the huge noise you made about me abusing you? smile

lol Earnest! I thought I already did!

I must have missed it. smile
                Anyone else see it? smile

I apologized to you in another thread if I called you a name! LOL!!

I am speaking of your rave about me calling you a name. That "name" not being a name but the common saying. "Dummy spit. smile
                    I would like you to apologise for falsely accusing me of calling you names!

2. marty1968 profile image60
                    marty1968posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Libby. I need your advice.

2. hanging out profile image60
          hanging outposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"you can guarantee you will hear from myself and others here who don't confuse facts with fantasies" and theres the problem right there folks.

these atheists are obligated if not inspired by their godlessness to put to death all christianity.. does this sound like "the thing you hate you will become"... omg this would be laughable if it weren't so chronically sick and psychologically messed up.

just for the record jesus is the way the truth and the light and no man cometh to the father but by the son. I think i will just quote scripture from now on because nothing else seems to work.
          Lies come in many forms.. if we quote the bible truths we cannot lie, because god does not lie. you may interpret scripture wrongly and it becomes a lie, you are not a liar unless you do it intentionally. I think you interpret wrongly intentionally and constantly.

No, remember your older post. Da debil gone dunnit.
            We are killing christians too now are we?
            lol
            No man comes to your pathetic fairy with anything. Just a figment of your terrified imagination. smile

2. marty1968 profile image60
    marty1968posted 14 years ago

I still love you all no matter what names you call me

Is someone calling you names? smile

3. marty1968 profile image60

hangin out. God bless you my friend

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apparently, God likes obnoxious foolishness.

4. CkhoffmanK profile image71
    CkhoffmanKposted 14 years ago

I didnt call anyone names.

I just simply stated that wide sweeping statements like the OP made were ridiculous and ignorant.

A fact is a fact.

5. marty1968 profile image60

Earnest I have seen your posts bashing God up one side and down the other. I really am concerned for you and I promise you that I will continue to pray earnestly that your eyes will one day be opened before it is too late.

lol You can save your prayers for the fools who believe them despite all the things in the world that scream at us daily that it is all bull*hit.

The suffering of children, the hate and fear generated by religious wars, the stupidity of seeing something has been caused by prayer when it was just coincidence.

You know god was too busy to feed even the christian children apparently, because he was busy finding some nut-jobs car keys fer gords sake!

Nice priorities for a psychopath maybe.

How much ego is being projected to believe that your prayers get answered while theirs self evidently do not.(The are still starving)

That is megalomania, a mental condition that is outrageous in it's self indignant fantasy of superiority while having the thinking capacity of mud.

2. Pcunix profile image86
      Pcunixposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We aren't bashing any "god".  We are bashing the ridiculous CONCEPT that any such thing could exist.

Failing to understand that is common with theists.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

are you referring to the Christian God or ANY God (spiritual entity)?

if so, why is it "ridiculous"?

6. marty1968 profile image60

Thats why God gave us the choice and ability to reach out to the hungry. Instead of complaining about it how about giving out some of the love that you you say you have and be an influence instead of a hinderance.  I love ya brother and nothing you can say or do can change that because the love comes from Christ Himself

Been where you are Marty. smile Religion makes these claims for prayer, they are glaringly untrue.
      Why would an omnipotent god have any trouble with the idea of saving a child from starvation. My family have sponsored poor children for years, but apparently an omnipotent god doesn't lift a finger.

You would enlist his help looking after my spiritual health?

I hope not. I don't need any help, I'm happy, know who I am, why I do what I do, why would anyone pray for me instead of praying for those children. And if you are praying for them well it ain't working!
      You have an argument going with your own logic here.
      Why don't you address the points I made instead just to give me a whole new experience! lol

1. hanging out profile image60

children get a free ride to heaven. Perhaps the child would have had a far more miserable future on earth, so god in his mercy, took the child home. It is only because of sinful activity that there are so many people in the world many of them are in what we call third world countries. Are these the starving you are talking about? or is there one down your block in which case i suggest you might like to donate.

really earnest consider the possibilities before you speak.

"Children get a free ride to heaven"

I can't express how much this disgusts me.

1. profile image0
            sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely awful.  They would rather let them die thinking they have a free trip to Heaven then help survive and love them because they are humans, they are children and they need love, nourishment and attention. 

It is so sad. sad

You have it backwards and need glasses.
              I said this: "Perhaps the child would have had a far more miserable future on earth, so god in his mercy, took the child home".

How will they get this nourishment if they are in a place of starving? lol kinda missed that point did ya? in all your vast wisdom about what is right and wrong.

obviously this meat is too strong for you and yet you choose to discredit.
              its so sad sad

Thank you for clarifying. smile

I feel sure many here will understand exactly how you think from your last post. smile

2. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, did you miss the point about loving them and feeding them and taking care of them instead of leaving them to die?  But whateva, in one ear out the other.

In the beginning adam and eve sinned against god and were expelled from the lovely garden and wonderful lifestyle that god gave them and were to live the rest of their lives OUTSIDE that garden.
                  And they had babies outside of that garden and their babies had babies and their babies had babies until you were born. And now because you are born everything must be different and those 'old' ways are wrong.
                  You are not in a situation on earth because of a situation that you caused but by and because of a situation that you perpetuate. Mankind chooses their way and that is a rule of god. If God were to save every baby born in every man made situation, how do we know what kind of life they are going to have? Lets consider ethiopia
                       "In 1990 the death rate was estimated at fifteen per 1,000 population (down from 18.1 per 1,000 in 1984). This also was a very high rate but typical of poor developing countries. The high death rate was a reflection of the low standard of living, poor health conditions, inadequate health facilities, and high rates of infant mortality (116 per 1,000 live births in 1990; 139 per 1,000 in 1984) and child mortality. Additional factors contributing to the high death rate include infectious diseases, poor sanitation, malnutrition, and food shortages. Children are even more vulnerable to such deprivations. In Ethiopia half of the total deaths involve children under five years of age. In addition, drought and famine in the 1980s, during which more than 7 million people needed food aid, interrupted the normal evolution of mortality and fertility and undoubtedly left many infants and children with stunted physical and mental capabilities. Life expectancy in 1990 was estimated at forty-nine years for males and fifty-two years for females".
                         Do you see all the work god has to go through to do what you want. If all these babies live how would that impact the current problem? It would absolutely worsen it. Ethiopia is barely hanging in there also because of boundary lines which ended their nomadic lifestyle. So never judge god of being unfair when your answer may very well add more mayhem to the already bad soup.
                  and to further Gods dilemma of help:
                       "An investigation by the BBC has revealed that millions of dollars in famine relief aid money, including the money raised from the charity supergroup Band Aid and the Live Aid concert held by Bob Geldof, was "siphoned off" by Ethiopian rebels to buy weapons. One rebel said that at least US$ 95 million (£63 million) from — Western governments and private charities — was diverted into rebel coffers."
                  And this is just one country.
                  The alternative is God hovering over the earth in visible form (because you all want proof right?) and slapping everybodies hand who sins. Is there free will in that? Does that sound fair?
                  I suggest you think thoroughly before you so easily try to discredit what i say.

Why cuz you had to work for it? lol
            Its not all about you earnest.

i read you were raised catholic, now there's satans work for ya.
            Glad you're out of it now.

So in all your loving ways you would rather see babies burning forever in the fires of hell than get a free ride home..
            you have no idea how much that disgusts me.

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why should we have to do His work?  He is only pretending to be providing, while doing absolutely nothing!  Why is your God doing exactly what an imaginary entity would do?

Good question, however, that is not the premise of your assertion.  Furthermore, your beliefs are a profound hinderance to knowledge, without which, you and I would still be scratching the ground for sustenance.

Let me get this straight, so if you did not have Christ, you would be a despicable person because love only comes from Christ?  What folly

Why should we do his work. lol. Its not his work. You want the scenario of God to nestle you in his loving arms and all your troubles go away. You want it without a price, you want it now and you want all his stuff on your terms. Well all god asks is repent and be saved. Doesn't cost money, easy enough to do.
        But if you don't want to do even that smallest of requests.

To me, because i have done this small request of god, he is not imaginary.

Nope there are geniuinely nice people who do not know christ. You would be nicer, and a few atheists i could name lol.. This is what god does, takes the nature of man and brings him into a rest and then transforms him/her into a holy person.. not just a nice person both need tweaks from the lord. A good set of nice consequences bring about niceness in a person but as soon as the nice set is gone the person becomes angry, rough. Such is the example of ranters in hubpages.. nice to their children but not so nice to christians. Their human good natures fall apart if conditions are not perfect to sustain their human niceness.

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image72
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 14 years ago

Why is it that I come and comb through these religious threads, I read and read and read and STILL cannot find a bloody VB beer!!!!

Here ya go Kanga me old china, I'm actually too crook to even drink my medicine! smile

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image72
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stone the crows, ya look after me well Earnest, remind me to get down the local and bring yer back a steamin hot bangers and mash, that'll fix yer right up, and another VB, no medicine like the VIC big_smile

Thank you kanga. The good doctor is in. smile

1. Jewels profile image84
            Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of VB, have you two seen the latest commercial for it?  I don't get it, please explain?

I haven't seen it, I only get to watch fox classics like Dora the explorer on TV. I have a bunch of small TV critics here who run the show. smile
              I will look for it now though, thanks for the heads up Jewels.
              The beer commercials have generally been clever and funny. smile

1. Jewels profile image84
                Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it has something to do with the Sensitive New Age Guy, but it looks a tad skewed.  Maybe it's a man thing? hmm

I'll get back to you Jewels, you may be right, I think the ads for beer in Australia have been targeting males. smile

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image72
                    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

S.N.A.G isn't that just another bunch of words - meaning, girly-man?

Beer should target men, not males, but this is an entire other discussion lol

Haven't seen the commercial myself yet Jewel.

8. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Plenty of reasons.

Look at this image, this is how our earth looks from outside the solar system. You can guess the complexity of the universe from this.

http://www.isuckatgardening.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/PaleBlueDot.jpg

Reason 1: Why on earth (err universe) will any creator who created this universe will waste his/her time to form religion and will ask to kill non-believers ?

Reason 2: There is no reason to love/hate/play with creations, when there is capability to create plenty of similar creations.

Reason 3: Son of god as per bible gets screwed on cross shows flaw in the story of bible. After looking at the pale blue dot image, do you think such vast universe has creator who has such lame son ?

Reason 4: Muhammad in islam asking for eradicating non-believers(that includes other religions) shows the biggest flaw in religion. Why creator will even waste his time killing other religion which his own creation formed ? Any benefit ?

Reason 5: Spiritual religions fail because their inability to give proof for spirits. But then again they do have many stories around spirits. So isn't it ridiculous that they're holding onto belief but don't take pain to prove the existence of spirit ?

And reasons like this goes on...

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why does this remind me of Dr. Seuss story "Horton Hears a Who?"

2. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is wrong; Quran does not support it. It is understanding the text of the verse of  Quran out of its context. Please be rational and don't be prejudiced.

1. skyfire profile image75
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really ? So why there is no respect for other religion in quran and in behaviors of any islamic ? Same goes their respect towards non-believers ? I mean is creator a BS trying to prove his existence towards non-believers by writing such verses and creating satan to back the proof just in case there are doubts ?

Islam has more prejudice and irrationality than anything on this planet.

9. skyfire profile image75

lol You like Seuss ?

1. profile image0

Yes. Great imagination!

10. skyfire profile image75

Green Eggs and Ham is my fav !

1. profile image0

I didn't take you for a Dr. Seuss man? Sky, you impress me more each day! lol

1. skyfire profile image75

lol

11. marty1968 profile image60

Is your site working?

12. marty1968 profile image60

Ihad never heard of that either til now

1. libby1970 profile image66
      libby1970posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did know what?

13. earnestshub profile image72

The only excuse religionists have for their hate filled tomes is context.

Bible bashers use the same weak overused excuse all the time too.
    The problem is the hate part is most of the book with both. smile

Just a little hard to swallow, like a camel for example. smile

lol lol
      impossible
      but there's the evidence

The point is, it is a pile of psychotic crap.

Here's an exercise.
        Read the OT while looking up first psychotic (see god in OT) then crap (see dog)

lol you are so behind the times.
          1,750,000 abortions a year in the United States alone!
          and you are mad at god for killin a few hundred thousand people not even of your race or your generation, 3000 yrs ago, murderers, plunderers, baby sacrificers.
          Here you go earnest.. the worshipers of baal threw their children into huge fires and you sympathise with them! The children of god killed animals and ate it for food and they killed baby killers and you boo hoo for the baby killers...
          nice management.
          you have no idea how much this disgusts me.

You have no idea how desperate and psychotic that sounds to me. smile

How did abortion enter the configuration? lol lol lol

1. profile image0

Stop talking about me Earnest!

Evening klara! It is early evening where you are I think. smile
                9.25am the next day here! That why I'm always ahead!

1. profile image0

Yes. You're also getting older at a faster rate than me. smile

No I'm not! the same rate, just earlier. smile
                    It's bloody cold here this morning.
                    That should retard the aging a bit. lol

2. skyfire profile image75

really ?

yep...
          God is merciful and quite loving
          no doubt about it.
          he gave a son, course he got him back, but can you imagine going through all that just to have people call you names, deny your existence and label you a sky fairy!
          That's love
          nobody asked God to do that.
          He did it out of love.
          didn't need any baby sacrifices.

14. skyfire profile image75

When we catch them on few things then it becomes out of context or it requires faith wink. I mean some facts in this universe requires faith if not they're out of context  tongue

15. Elizabeth2010 profile image58
    Elizabeth2010posted 14 years ago

Hmmm. The truth is it is hard to prove! However one can assume it cant be disproved either! A belief in anything you cant see requires faith! Some chose to take that faith and believe while others chose to believe god doesn't exist!

My choice is my chioce! your choice is your choice!

I believe it is a christian's obligation to say the truth! If a christain doesn't say the truth they are in sin themselves for allowing a brother to continue in sin without letting them know the err of his or her ways!

Such as going against the nuture of sex! I was reading a post somewhere a few minutes ago, and was going to post in it... but couldn't find it! oh well. My opinion... I seen where some posters say that "homesexual" was a word that could not be translated for they didnt even know the word back then... that may be all true-however, it says if a man lay with mankind as a woman.... that clearly is not using the word homosexual... it's saying the definition of homosexual... but not using the word! They may not have known the word but they surely knew the act! Because Sodom and Gamora was destroyed on this same pretense! Just because they couldn't translate the "word" doesn't mean they didn't know what the action was... we clearly see by "man lay with mankind as a woman"! That is clearly, without deviation, the definition of homosexual!

To agree with sin is wrong! I will stand for what is right no matter what! Just because the entire world agrees with this act doesn't make it right! God said to love the sinner but hate the sin! I love the person but i hate the sin they commit!

I believe Christians who pat others on the back and say "God loves you" are doing wrong! You should very well tell them God loves them... but you should also say but you are in the wrong!

It's just like a child. You love them, yet you still tell them when they do wrong! It's out of love!

And I've watched people say God is a sick god because he allows this or that BlAH BLAH BLAH! It's not God's fault that people turn their backs on the very one who created them! He was more "involved" when people openly claimed him as their God! Today we have people cursing him openly! Going against nature in sexual acts! And just denying he even exists!

And yes it's against nature folks! I've never seen a male lion climb on top of another male lion! Animals seem to know more about sex than we do! I watch the discovery channel quite a bit and hundreds of times I've seen animals mating... yet for some odd reason I've yet to see two animals of the same sex mate! Do you know why? Because animals use their "animal instincts"! They have a natural drive given by God to mate with the oposite sex! We humans are the only ones who change nature to suit our own desires!

It's an abomination to God people! You can believe it or not! If I didnt care about you, I wouldn't tell you! Because I see how some in here just go after those who speak the truth! Sadly, there will even be so called "christians" who will bash me because I speak the word of God and don't agree with homosexuality! It is the word of God! Believe what you want! It's Bible!

God still loves you! And the great thing about God is he will forgive you, even for homosexuality!

I don't blame God for turning his back on this world! So say what you want! People are cruel, mean, murderous, blasphemers, liars, cheaters, thiefs, backstabbers, money-hungry, selfish, and self centered!

16. earnestshub profile image72

Just to make one point. A religionist has no access to any truth outside their belief. The big filter is ON.
    Goddunnit.

Ignorance personified. smile

1. Elizabeth2010 profile image58
      Elizabeth2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't need any truth oustide of my belief. My belief is based on Jesus. He is my filter.

Exactly! smile
        You should analyse that a bit. smile

I do, everyday Earnestshub, everyday!

How do you accomplish examining your beliefs with the filter on?

Because, the filter is what helps me analyse the word. If not for the filter I would not know anything!

It's like a water filtering system.., it makes the water pure!

your filter sucks. Why does our filter limit us but your filter not limit you?

because you are open to more diverse thoughts.. that profit nothing.

k

Says who? YOU???

Did I say your filter limits you? NO< you said that yourself!

My thoughts profit nothing to you, sure, I will go with that! Because your mind is closed off to "self"!

I have faith in God and myself. You have faith in that God doesn't exist. That is your faith! I will go with my faith as it profits me quite a bit! Your faith promises you "self" awareness! I already knew myself existed. So I was one step ahead of you on that one!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL at how you show love. lol

Might want to change your avatar. And you are attacking another Kristian who beleebs the nonsense you beleeb.

I can see you are not a big fan of self awareness, but a little introspection goes a long way. wink You might also want to ask yourself why you joined a site specifically to verbally abuse people who do not believe what you believe. I know this is a Christian thing because you do not respect anyone else, but still - it tends to cause conflicts rather than convince anyone you love them. Dear me. sad

One step ahead. lol lol

Like you do respect others beliefs Mark? I've read your posts! You attack all who don't believe your way! This is love?

I am not attacking anyone, thank you! I do not agree with everyone, even if they are chiristian! Not all christians believe the same way! And I debate! I don't attack like you!

I believe we should all be true to our belief!

You should ask yourself the same question Mark! You seen to find  your way through to threads associated with "christians" and put your two cents in even if it means attacking others as you just did!

Truthfully! I believe most christian's try to be civilized and loving... but people such as you tend to attack others and then when they say something back, they've attacked you! How funny! And "self" centered!

I love you anways! It's nice seeing how your "self" works!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah - see the difference here? I am not claiming to love everyone and respect their beliefs. lol

I understand exactly why I have a problem with christians. You have just reminded me.

If you are showing me love - then please stop. I have had enough of that sort of "love." sad Thanks.

You can do whatever you want! That is your business!

I respect people's beliefs! It doesn't mean I have to agree with them or ignore stupid comments either!

Dont' worry! I don't force my love upon anyone!

And I could care less if you have a problem with Christians! That is your problem not mine!

If you spend your life being a hater of the majority of the population, that is your business!

Peace and bye!

2. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years ago

C'mon! What the hell is an atheist!?  :-(

a believer in God in the fox hole and front lines just before a battle lol and on their death bed in hospital and just before that semi hits em, and... and... and...
        lol

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny how you stated in another thread that Christians are always right... wink

http://www.ffrf.org/outreach/atheists-in-foxholes/

I cannot call this proof. It is inference, speculation and at best just convenient.
            The membership of the Freedom From Religion Foundation is probably a bias institution.
            "It’s time to dispel one of this nation’s greatest myths . . . There are indeed many atheists in foxholes". So how did they know this? Were they there at the moments of their dyings? Surely you can see the redundancy in a claim of this magnitude. I know you want to believe it and so do I for whatever it is worth but i can't merely take the word of some anti bible group who erects a statue and claims they know the last thoughts of these dead men.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

LOL!!!

LOL even louder!!!

It never even occurred to you that those men lived to tell about it. Funny how hard facts don't even phase the believer. smile

1. thisisoli profile image80
                thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There have been plenty of Atheists who died at religious hands because hety refused to sucumb to religious doctrine.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

atheists are in denial, smiles

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pretty:  Can't be. There are no atheists.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi quark, if there are atheists, there are theists (is theist even a word?) like yin and yang perhaps

1. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Theist is a word. Theism is a belief structure, usually based upon a supreme being. A -theism is a lack of a belief structure based on a supreme being, like A-sexual repro is acheived by other means than sex. Some say the the simple asexual organisms are related to atheists in more than one way.smile

2. qwark profile image60

Hi Pretty: There are neither. There are those who claim to be but until this god thing can be defined in fact rather than opinion and conjecture, all those who claim to be theists or atheists have no basis for their claim other than opinion and conjecture...ergo there are no theists of atheists, only those who havaen't done their homework and claim to be.
            I include you in this answer Druid.

Hi quark, so we are both opinionated? smiles

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Pretty" Of course! There are no absolutes except "absolute" itself. If you can produce in any monotheistic scripture describing this god thing in any form other than conjecture and opinion ( I didnt ask for proofs of this god thing) I'd like you to produce them for me and I'll be perfectly willing to consider them.
                If you can't do that, then my comments on there being no atheists...stands.

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Change Einstein's equation to G=MC2

1. qwark profile image60

Druid: try that again, sensibly, and I'll respond...maybe...lol..

2. Druid Dude profile image60

What I said, I stand by, mainly definitions which are found in the dictionary. Theists and Atheists do exist (What planet are you from?) Atheists don't believe in God, Theists do. Pretty simple. Are you semi-literate? You sound like an atheist, but had you sounded undecided, I would have assumed your AGNOSTICISM. Got your dictionary? Me, I'm more of a DISESTABLISHMENTARIANIST.smilesmilewink

1. qwark profile image60

Druid: there is no dictionary definion of this god thing existing in any form but conjecture and opinion.
                My stance remains. There are no atheists only those who claim to be the improbable.

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years ago

I'm heading for the gym...lets continue this in about an hour or so.
      ttyl

1. profile image0

qwark, that's a lot of hours in the gym. You need to give us some eye-candy and post a picture of your muscles! LOL

1. qwark profile image60

Hahahaha...Pretty and Klara, 60+ yr old "eye candy" ain't nuthin' to behold...but there was a day! oh yeh!   lolol  :-)
          Have fun at "uncle Wallys!"  ttyl

1. profile image0

Once eye-candy, always eye-candy qwark! Own it! lol

1. qwark profile image60

I'd love to but my damned mirror won't lie!
              Mirror mirror on the wall who's the "fairest" guy of all?
              The image in the mirror takes a bite outa the apple, sticks out it's tounge and growls:
              "twas once you, my old stud, but lookin' at ya now? yer just an old "dud...Sorry but the mirror don't lie, it said with a knowing sigh.."
              Someday I'm gonna break that damned mirror!   lol

1. profile image0

I'm getting old too... don't feel bad

1. qwark profile image60

Klara:  naw, I don't feel bad, just ain't as inspired to lose the "duds" anymore...lol
                  Yer just a "kid!"
                  My 96 yr old friend says that to me!...lol
                  It's all in the mind, I know, but i keep tellin' this damned mirror to "zip" it when I get up in the AM and peer into it for a shave...so far it's been obedient...lol it's life depends on it...lol

1. profile image0

You know that picture of Bigfoot walking in the Everglades?
                    That's me in the morning before having my coffee.

1. qwark profile image60

DAmn Klara:...We're twins!   lol

5. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years ago

ok...back from the gym. What? No left hooks? right crosses? left jabs?..be danged!   lol  :-)

punch... you like quark?? hmm I am tired of debating about this GOD thing, I just want to say Hi, hope you did well at the gym??

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Pretty: I do too! I just know so much about it's history and evolution that some comments which intrigue me have to be answered. But, in the main, I'm with you to "debate" religion is the activity of a fool...so I never do. I just offer responses.
          Good workout! thanks for asking.
          I go for about 1 1/2 hours everyday. Keeps the "ole boy" able to get up in the AM dress himself without help...get into my motorized wheelchair and move about the house..... lolol  :-)

Hmm, never too old quark, just age challenged that's it, Good workout. I think you got lots of mind exercise already here with your threads, smile again. Gotta go to Walmart, talk to you later!!

6. skyfire profile image75

Emotional support ?In that case, every believer becomes a psycopath. Why non-believers require emotional support ? Is faith gets trashed when facts affect emotional state of the believers.

7. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Is it not possible not to deride and ridicule others? Only to stick to one's argument and if others don't understand it, try another arguments or to rephrase your arguments.This will be a humane approach and a meaningful discussion would ensue.

1. Pcunix profile image86
        Pcunixposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not when you are making ridiculous claims about supernatural beings, no, it isn't possible not to have disrespect for that.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

When your argument is riddled with logical fallacies, then no meaningful discussion will ever ensue. smile

8. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years ago

Why do ya'll rattle on when I told ya there's no such thing as an atheist...my goodness! Hard heads!

9. earnestshub profile image72

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use."
      -- Galileo Galilei

not to forego it but to redirect it.
        the making of the atomic bomb would not have occured in the garden of eden but solar panel power would be a norm, for example.

Don't you dare tell me God doesn't believe in Solar Power  LOL

smile  I have the t-shirt  smile

10. earnestshub profile image72

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons36/god.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)