jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Your life is not yours

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago
  2. Security News profile image61
    Security Newsposted 7 years ago

Your life is a precious gift from God that has a purpose in his greater plan, and it's not yours.

3. Lisa HW profile image80
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Well, I've often considered that my life is a gift from God (and that I get to think of it as "my own" because I ended up being given that "gift") - but what I can't figure out is exactly why so many other people seem to think I have no right to call this "gift" my own.   lol

1. Jerami profile image73
      Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree!
        And to do with it as we choose.
      And when we get to the end of our days, and our youth has been spent, all that we will have left that is truly ours is our memories of those things that we did.

1. Lisa HW profile image80
        Lisa HWposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And (on a note more sober than the my half-joking one above), the creepy thing is that some people get left with the wrapper with their name on it and nothing but those memories in it; while others get left with the wrapper with their name on it but nothing in it because someone else stole the memories that should have been in it.

1. Jerami profile image73
          Jeramiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I can see two possible sentiments in your statement.

Some people refuse the gift and do not want for you to have yours either. They want to steal yours and feed them to the pigs.  or

No I see only one.    But the someone that stole our memories is sometimes  us, because of the choices that we made.
            Some of my memories I would choose to not have.
          Cause our memories are the true perception as to who we think that we are. 
            So maybe that wrapper with our names on it, when we are finished, if something is in it or not, is who we are.

I don't know  just thinking out loud.

Now I really do have to go do something out side.

working