jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Judge states, believe what I believe or risk losing your kids.

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

At least one judge Indiana feels that a father must believe what he and the mother believe or custody of his kids will be taken. Makes it kind of hard for anyone to recieve a fair trial doesn't it?

I can't wait for the response that this judge isn't a true christian. I know it's coming. In my opinion this is exactly the mentality of a true christian.

Stump Parrishposted 6 years agoin reply to this
    2. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wow if that is the only reason his custody was reduced that is really sad!

Everything in the posted copy of his decision shows the father to be the better parent. The only possible basis for this decision is the judge's personal feelings towards non-believers.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Interesting that he was a Christian when the property settlement was agreed upon. He must have changed his mind? Interesting too that they were still sleeping together. Sounds like he was very involved with his children and her.

Perhaps in all fairness they took into account his anger together with his view on religion?

In saying that. There was more going for him than the Mother in my opinion. His anger was directed at the Mother not the children.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

A prime example of a Judge using it's religious bias to make Law based decisions. It's absurd.

I don't know the story behind the whole situation, but a Judge shouldn't be using their own beliefs, when it's a matter of Law, which should be the point.

Yes agree it is a matter of law

In my opinion entirely too many christians feel their god's law is more important than the laws of this country. A judge should know better one would think.

Discernment and Non discrimination would be more useful for the judge and those concerned. To incline toward a personal conviction cannot be useful for anyone. I thought God says do not judge? Already a judge is judging and it seems it is not within the prescribed laws of the country or a law of God?

http://static.cnhi.zope.net/heraldbulle … rberry.pdf

Her's a copy of his ruling. Only problem with the parents seems to be the mother's level of care. She can leave them alone for hours, not feed them and break the law concerning seat belts as long as she attends the right church.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
              Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

But she is a christian!  LOL!

I wonder if she attends the same church as the judge does. Not that this could possibly have any bearing on the judge's decision, right? After all this is the land of the free as long as you think like me, according to this judge anyway.

working