All you need is Love, yes, no?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (98 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 13 years ago

All animal love, love conquer all, Love makes good sense.  Define Love: When two people or thing, are stronger together, than apart. Take with you the attitude of gratitude, along with many little acts of kindness. Most people do not love what they do for most waking hour of their lives. Loving what you do is the most common thread to mastering life.

There are many different kinds of love. My ultimate love would be, love of a romantic woman. For now. My daughter enhances my soul the most; some other person's ultimate love may be God. Some odd people may be their Dog, God spelt backwards is doG. Why not, if both of you are a little weird yet compatible; life's is a little weird; we live in a mutual weird world.

We have loved people and things since arts and culture from began in the dawn of mankind 30,000 years ago, long before religion was thought of.

Take Christianity the largest religion in the World Your condition for love is where you must be devoted to must obey, must worship and love God ultimately above all kinds of loves. Yes, most people are not aware of Jesus, only 3% Christian go to church.  That means only 1% of the world’s people is devoted ENOUGH to Yahweh love, by ritual practice to win your lottery ticket to heaven. Too many conditions for love

So, is all you need is Love?

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To live a life of love would, in my opinion, be a life well lived.

Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's brave for a religious man to say?

1. profile image0

You think? It's ok though. I'm pretty sure some guy was telling me I was headed for hell today, so I guess my religion is in the eye of the beholder.

2. pennyofheaven profile image78
          pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why brave?

I do agree wholeheartedly!

3. Jonathan Janco profile image60
        Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Extraordinary Cagsil. An absolutely magnificent quote!
        Woops not Cags.
        Sorry, I'm a little wasted, right now.

Yes all we need is love what ever the shade. Love is a powerful healer, powerful motivator and a powerful sustainer. In whatever shade that it exists we are then all powerful.

1. profile image0

Very intuitive. If all the shades could understand they are the same, to varying degrees, the love might expand exponentially.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
          Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can any portrait of our world be complete if even one shade isn't represented? Why would anyone desire to live in a monchrome world rather than the multi-hued one we actually inhabit.

1. profile image0

Yes. I agree completely.  There's nothing more sad to me than those who can't expand their vision enough to see exactly what you posted.

Yes agree. Always nice too knowing the portrait is an ongoing masterpiece.

Exponentially would be marvelous!

3. profile image0
      errandsinnigeriaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love answers all things!

4. profile image0

Love answers all things!

5. profile image0

Love answers all things!

6. skellie profile image73
      skellieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love is the key, to a happy life. I fell in love 20 years ago and could not be stronger. That love for each other, has helps us through many trials. The love for our children and are families, could not fullfill us more.
      I feel very blessed, love is a beautiful thing. If everyone in the world, could experience love - peace would be within our grasp.

1. skellie profile image73

haha should have checked that post. Made a few mistakes, a bit tired. It is 1am in the morning here. smile

What a wonderful world this would be indeed and peace will definitely be in our grasp

7. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That depends, it can go both ways.

Yes, love can bring immense joy and pleasure for many, but on the flip side, it can also deliver excruciating pain, depression and tragedy, it can summon up powerful hatred to the point of causing wars. smile

1. profile image0

We're talking love. Not it's aftermath. It's those who don't have the ability to channel it properly that move in that direction.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Really? Please explain the differences. smile

1. profile image0

Without knowing the specifics you  referenced when posting your remark I'd be shooting in the dark if I attempted a response.

Yes, I know. smile

1. profile image0

Not to appear testy, but one of the most difficult things I have run across on this site is broad statements, thrown out yet left unsupported. I guess I'll get used to it, but it seems somewhat silly to dance around a subject. I suppose I'll feel the rhythm one day.

What? You'll get used to hearing broad, unsupported statements or get used to making them?  smile

1. profile image0

Hearing them of course. It is my prerogative to make them.

Just kidding. It's only that I think we all prefer to argue than allow the conversation to extend to a solution. But that is probably a rather far fetched goal.

How so in your mind?

I'm not sure I understand the question. smile

1. pennyofheaven profile image78

How can one feel/give love while feeling pain, depression. How does when one is feeling love or giving love cause tragedies and war at the same time?

All I was saying was that love can drive people to do all sorts of things, depending on the circumstances.

We can look to Shakespearean tragedies; Marc Antony and Cleopatra, Romeo and Juliet are good examples. smile

Loss can indeed drive people to do different things.

True, and that is another topic of discussion altogether. smile

I didn't think it was? When one is driven to do something as in the examples you gave it is not love they are feeling it is loss of love. Two different emotions.

3. skellie profile image73

It is pride most of the time, that creates excruciating pain, depression and tragedy. This is what creates our wars most of the time - not love. 

Love is the key, to eternal happiness big_smile

I was referring to the love for a god. smile

8. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I first read the message, my initial response was "For What?".  Reading the whole OP, I think you need more than love.  Love can be a catalyst but you need a whole list of other virtues to make life worth living.

9. WillSteinmetz profile image40
      WillSteinmetzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely Yes!

Never enough love, thats for sure

10. profile image52
      jodywuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!! love is a part and parcel of our lives. I just can't live without love.
      http://www.wellnessstarts.com/nitro-mus … eview.html

2. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

Love is extremely essential, to human beings, at least i think so.  It's not easy to find, but when you do find it, the world is a different place.  love is so often taken for granted, i know i take it for granted sometimes.

3. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Love is a conscious decision.  We create it and give it.  We also find it and receive it.  But we must look for it and understand it.  There is love everywhere but many eyes are blinded by outward appearance.  The man who opens the door for an old woman is exhibiting love.  The daughter who goes out of her way after a long days work to deliver a package to an aging mother is exhibiting love.  The store clerk who gives 2 reward points instead of one on a take of gas is exhibiting love.  The person who picks up a paper wrapper on the hiking trail and puts it in the trash is exhibiting love. 

It's everywhere.  Everyone shows it in a different way.  We must look for and recognize it.  The world is fast and furious but if you know where to look, if you have eyes for love, you will see it, feel it, and experience it everywhere.

I do agree.

2. skellie profile image73

So true, love your comments couturepopcafe smile

Yes, it does take many little acts of kindness

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

All you need is love?  Try telling that to the tax collector...!  smile

Seriously, though, try telling that to refugee camps, starving orphans, kids growing up next to open sewers etc.  We all know the world's endless list of horrors.  Those who live with such realities need rather more than love.

1. profile image0

I think the thread has merit, against that statement. It's the lack of love we display as a species that allows this horror to continue.

Love comes in many forms as described in this post

Love is a conscious decision.  We create it and give it.  We also find it and receive it.  But we must look for it and understand it.  There is love everywhere but many eyes are blinded by outward appearance.  The man who opens the door for an old woman is exhibiting love.  The daughter who goes out of her way after a long days work to deliver a package to an aging mother is exhibiting love.  The store clerk who gives 2 reward points instead of one on a take of gas is exhibiting love.  The person who picks up a paper wrapper on the hiking trail and puts it in the trash is exhibiting love. 

It's everywhere.  Everyone shows it in a different way.  We must look for and recognize it.  The world is fast and furious but if you know where to look, if you have eyes for love, you will see it, feel it, and experience it everywhere.

3. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Adele - the idea that there is pain in the world only emphasizes the OP.  Those people need love maybe more than most.  I would assume we are talking about the need after survival including food and water, shelter.

5. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

big_smile

6. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Hey Castle. Thanks a bunch. Ever since I read this thing yesterday the song All You Need Is Love has been playing in my head. I can't turn it off. Maybe too much love is a bad thing.

Is that because you don't like the song? Or you mean something else?

1. profile image0

Neither. I just hate it when a song gets stuck in my head.

Actually, I was joking. Apparently not well.

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

love and a lardy circle daily will win you me forever

I’m back folks! base on my own personal survey.

When I asked groups of women, what is the most important word in the world? - Most women will say love.

When I asked groups of Men, what is the most important word in the world? -Most men will give different answers, other than love.

What's with that?

Gays or artist men are the only groups of men that would say love is most important word in the world?

1. profile image0

See, I've always suspected successful artists were at their best when they channel both the masculine and feminine side into their work.

Yes because they acknowledge their feminine principle. It apparently is where creativity comes from. Masculine is logic and reason.

When you get older, men general move toward masculine and feminine balance of side also. 
            As far as gays and artists, I still eat nails for breakfast.

The Alchemists of Tao believe that we have yang energy when we are born and at the age of 15 we have both yin and yang energy in perfect balance. After that age the yang starts to dissipate.  When we have no more yang energy we die. Since Yin is the feminine and Yang the masculine perhaps this is why you can sense the feminine as you age.

2. profile image0

well now that is just bizarre. Men are supposed to be logical and reasonable. Who would have thought that? I just never see that side of them. LOL. Just kidding. You're right, or so they say.

Haha I hear you.

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

just_curious

I told penny I am metro sexual, being from New Zealand she did not know what metro sexual was.

It's a man who acts gay, but has no sexual interest in men.
              Still the stubborn over ego man side kicks in.

1. profile image0

I'm american. The concept is well known to me. Makes you more of a whole person, in my opinion.

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe this is natural. Basic instincts from days gone by.
           From the times of old. Goes back to the caveman.
          Most Fathers were seen as providers. And..
          Someone that is responsible for maintaining safety in the home from outside forces. 
           The one most responsible for our survival.

And they instill that in their sons.

Wives and mothers brought comfort and a sense of stability to the home; to the children and to the provider.
          And Love is the most important ingredient for comfort and happiness.
          Mothers instilled this responsibility  in their daughters

8. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

For me it's love and Money. I have plenty of love around me, but, it would be a whole lot better if I had money to go with it. You don't really think money is that important, until you end up with almost nothing. And no income.

You will also find out how fast the love stops when the green in your pocket is gone. I'm very blessed to have many friends who have stuck around, while others have quietly walked away.

But, it sure would be nice if we could all just live on love, and pitch the idea of money in the trash. But, it's never going to happen. The rich would not be too happy to walk away from their vast wealth. Can't buy a new mercedes on love.

1. profile image0

I agree. Money is one of the banes of our society. Most people don't realize that the credit system was set up to enslave us.

Perhaps that depends. When you are raised poor but have a wealth of love. Then gain wealth and lose love. Wealth does not seem that important when you have known poor with love and wealth with no love. Most monetary conditions are temporary more often that not.

3. Castlepaloma profile image77

A happiness survey has been done out of 200 countries. USA was 42nd on that list and you would think the wealthiest country in the world would be the happiest.

Most people do not like their jobs for most waking hours of their lives; I can't image a more sour thought.

Love your job first, the money will come, and so will the people, will come to love you too.

Wow they do a survey on happiness....they do a lot of surveys huh? Interesting results too.

1. profile image0

The last survey I read on happiness. The number one happiest people were in a third world country. Obviously, we're out on missing something

Agree... perhaps it is the true treasures of heaven that can only be found in the heart of man. This makes one happy when they have found the jewels of life.

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

I have read a few happiness surveys, one thing is the same. Most Northern European countries are in the top ten.

Money has the least to do with happiness.

Yes agree.

Why Europe do you know?

The Countries that speak Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish and French are among the most civilizated nation in the world, English not so much.

Many of these countries send 2% of their income toward the development of Arts and Culture. They lead in green living and happiness is how gracefully, we solve our problems.

1. profile image0

Hey castle, your last statement was beautiful. Would that we could all step up to every problem in our society with grace, the world would be a better place.

Wow, so the governments of their countries do that. Thats cool. Living green as in natures way? Happiness for those countries solves problems how? I mean I know how but how as a nation? Is everyone or the majority happy? If so then way cool.

If I was not, such a wild man, I would move there myself.

9. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

God ask things of mankind and why shouldn't he-he created us.  We ask a lot of thing of our offsprings if you ask them, clean-up your room, pick up your toys, take bath well you get the point.

To get into Heaven God as I understand it only ask 3 things accept Jesus as our savouir, repent from our sins and stop sinning.

The first person guaranteed a place in Heaven was a thief dying on the cross with Jesus.

Dying on a cross, is not my idea of a good times, and you can't stop sin.

1. profile image0

Not your idea of good times? You're funny.

Of course we can. Stop thinking.  In our no thoughts or no mind sin ceases to exist.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
          couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

According to the Christian idea of sin - I find it easy to 'not sin'.  Just don't lie, cheat, steal, have sex outside of marriage or with a same sex partner, have no false idols, don't dishonor your parents, don't murder anyone or covet their goods - what's so hard about that?  No seriously.  What is so hard about that?

Not hard at all because that is what naturally arises when we flow with our natural rhythms that do not require thinking..... Is this good or bad and likewise analytical thoughts.

10. A la carte profile image60
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

Can I make it 50% love and 50% cash?

That handle much of it, yet not all

11. profile image48
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

All you need is Love, yes, no?

Love for all; hatred for none.

There is a law against hatred,
      That kind of sounds like part the problem too.

12. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol

Jonathan, this is actually my first post to this forum thread. And, you must be wasted beyond all comprehension. If you realized that you made the mistake, yet you edited your post to say sorry, not me, when you could have just deleted the post to begin with and start over. lol lol lol

I would recommend deleting the post. lol

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
      Jonathan Jancoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I'm the honest sort.
      And I thought it was you bcos I took a quick look at my Paganism thread.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)