Jesus asked us to use his name

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (35 posts)
  1. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Why JESUS asked us to use his name.
    Why he teched the prayer with out using his name.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jay,
      As I explained in another thread, the "Name" is not the person itself, but the attribute of what his Work stands for.

"G-d" name is not "G-d" or "Elohim" nor is our name "elohim",
      It is not a Title to be used to call someone by, it is the attribute by which one is described.

He taught to pray to the "Father (Abba/Dad)" and not to him.
      Remember, he equaled himself to every other human being from any walk of society, even after the works, defining us as friends, brothers. Noted also he is the "first" of many brothers.

When you ask in his "name" you are asking in a manner consistent with full faith, love and not a shred of doubt. Not to a person or to a man (which is vanity & idolatry).

This ends worship of men, religion and all such sciences and begins illuminating Eternal Life in the faithful (one full of faith; experiencing free will).

James.

2. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People use the name Jesus simply because they do not know the name Of Jesus...

Jesus is what men called him... but this is not the name he called himself.

There is a name revealed to a man and this is the name he would apply to Himself...

This name becomes His identity and by it he achieves all things...

And this name is ONE...

3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please quote from Jesus.

2. howtosoftmod11 profile image61
    howtosoftmod11posted 13 years ago

good question

3. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Which prayer is effective and correct to GOD.
    with the name JESUS OR With out the name  JESUS.
    Two prayers are avilable in christianity to GOD.

1. profile image51

Jesus is not god; so the prayers should be addressed to the Creator-God whom Jesus used to address as God-the-Father; Christians should follow in Jesus' footsteps to be his truthful followers.

Whom did Jesus address his prayers in the garden of Gethsemane?

To the Creator-God, God-the-Father.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How very peaceful of you to start a religious conflict with Christians.

So, now a Christian will come here and state that Allah is not god.

Then what? Come out guns a blazin'?  smile

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know whether you noticed, but no gunfire yet. Maybe you aren't right about religion starting wars after all.

Perhaps not, especially if we ignore the last two thousand years and what is currently going on in the world. lol

1. profile image0

Ok, well I like to take the big picture into account, myself. But that's just me. smile

Yet, you missed the "big picture" entirely, that being the last two thousand years and what is currently going on in the world, that IS the big picture. smile

1. profile image0

Not entirely. And as long as there are those who maintain this stance we will be that much further away from a solution. In my opinion.

1. pisean282311 profile image64
                    pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well for solution we need to scrap religion ...beelzedad is right since abhramic religions came into being , war based on religions increased ...there were wars before too...but those where for personal ambition not religious ambitions...religion ,especially abhramic ones have turned world into war zone by their conviction about my way only way ...it is too dangerous concept for human race...in end my way just another way can still prevail but my way or else...beelzedad is right...we need to wake up before we see humans fighting in name of unproven concept and getting extinct lol

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Yes, entirely. smile

2. jay_kumar_07 profile image59
        jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@parr

Yes. OK
        Particular religion is not required for one who follow the prayer with out the name JESUS.

Then
        WHY JESUS ASKED US TO USE HIS NAME.

1. profile image51

I think Jesus did not say it to use his name; it might be the sinful scribes of Bible.

Jesus alway prayed to the Creator-God Allah YHWH whom he used to say God-the-Father.

Christian should follow Jesus to reform themselves.

pl tell me Any word in QURAN  about - JSUS askd us to use his name.

2. jay_kumar_07 profile image59

Once JESUS asked his people to use his name for to bring one DONKEY  for  ridding . - BIBLE says.

4. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Don't worry; we will resolve the matters peacefully and with rational arguments.

Jesus, Moses and Muhammad were sent by the same ONE the Creator-God; with the same message.

1. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  how boring...god had to keep sending ...well ask god to be good in training his people ,so that message can be delivered to all for ever...what is point when god keeps sending one after another who in turn create one more religion and divide human race...doesnot make sense , unless god wanted to divide...if that was his target ,  surely his men did wonderful job...

1. vector7 profile image59
        vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great point. All the prophets in the Bible agree completely, no divisions or people writing separate doctrines... All the way to the end of Revelations as a matter of fact.

5. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

well use his name?...why would any want to use jesus...is jesus a tool or thing to be used or misused?..ya surely his name has been misused to control people since years but why would jesus purposefully ask people to do that?

Yes
      why..
      Then again he[JESUS]  is going to ignore the people those are using his name.
      pl anybody

pl any body

6. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

according to a late night cartoon network cartoon god's name is bob.

7. vector7 profile image59
    vector7posted 13 years ago

Just scriptures from the Bible for anyone interested.

John 14:6-7

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

Acts 4:11-12

11 "This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

James 4:1-4

1 "What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? 2 You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. 4 You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

John 14:13-14

13 "Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it."

we have to choose safer side prayer.
      In the name of JESUS                        - We may ignored by JESUS.
      With out his name [ JESUS teched] - Good.
      Which is best.

8. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I think Jesus did not say to use or misuse his name; it might be the sinful scribes of the Bible.

Jesus alway prayed to the Creator-God Allah YHWH whom he used to say God-the-Father.

Christians should follow Jesus to reform themselves.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)