The Miracles during Ramadhan

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 12 years ago

It is said by many hadiths of Rasulullahu 'Alaihi Wasallam that Ramadan is the greatest month (moon) among the others. And there are many miracles given during this month (moon) to all human. What is your story about Ramadan ?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do not really understan what Ramadan truly means  Explain possibly..?  Curious as to learn. about the culture of it.

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72
        Abhaque Supanjangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dutchman, Ramadhan is the full blessing month for Islamic people. Ramadhan is the eighth month in Hijri Calendar. This year, Insya Allah, the month (as well as the moon) will be come since the 1st of August - 29th. For more information for you, I suggest you to type "Ramadhan Month" at your search engine to inform you anything you need on Ramadhan; I suggest you to use:  http://www.google.co.id  as your search engine. In Wikipedia, you will also find more information. I really suggest you to do it in order that you can get authentic information from the right source not from the misleading ones. May Allah show you His way.....!

2. heavenbound5511 profile image64
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

2 Thessalonians 2:9 CJB
      When this man who avoids Torah comes, the Adversary will give him the power to work all kinds of false miracles, signs and wonders.

http://www.arabicbible.com/

I like this site.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

reading, very interesting, thank you.

2. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

2 Thessalonians 2:11   (kjv) And for this cause GOD shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

3. JamShady profile image56
        JamShadyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You do realise the Bible isn't talking about Prophet Muhammed here, it's talking about St Paul!

In Essence, Jesus came to reaffirm the law of Moses, he says this very clearly in the bible. And he *explicitly* separates himself from being a partner with God in many instances.

Then St Paul comes along, and changes everything, and says Jesus is the begotton son of God, and the law of Moses is no more (how many Christians find eating the flesh of swine perfectly acceptable).

Prophet Muhammed (whom Jesus spoke of, this has been translated into 'comforter' then then 'Holy Spirit/Ghost', which is wrong) came and corrected everything.

Matthew 7:16-7:17 suggests that you'll know a false prophet by their fruits. Muslims, as a whole:
        - don't drink alcohol
        - don't consume the flesh of swine
        - don't engage in pre-marital, or extra-marital intimacy
        - accept the miracles of Jesus based on the testimony of Prophet Muhammed alone
        - are the only group outside of 'Christianity' that accept Jesus as a prophet
        - don't believe Jesus was rude to his mother (as the Bible would have us believe)
        Further more, the teachings of Islam are quite compatible with that of Christianity.

Islam was sent as a message to the whole of humanity (thus, the whole of humanity must believe in Jesus). Jesus was only sent unto "the lost sheep of Israel" and never commanded any of his disciples to call the gentiles to his way. Only Muslims were commanded with this, as it was the final message, sent for all of mankind.

Here's the crux, 1 John 4:1-2 states that many false spirits will come, but every spirit that confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. And Muhammed (saw) did exactly that! Confirmed the arrival of Jesus (or Isa, in Islam, as his name actually was), and every Muslim confesses this since.

Muslims grow their beard, like Jesus did
        They abstain from swine, as Jesus did
        They worship their Creator (by falling flat on their face), as Jesus did
        Giving charity is an integral part of Islam, and all Muslims do this, as Jesus did

Dear friends, I urge you not to misquote your own book and see the clear guidance that your Lord has sent you. The signs are clear, yet due to a great delusion, you actually believe that:
        - God can be born, of a human woman
        - God can be three, and one, and one can die, or not know what the others know
        - The devil can carry God/Jesus and show him things

Need I go on? Please, consider from a neutral and rational position... where is the delusion. I urge you, those interested in the truth, to listen to the 'Another View' lecture here: http://onereason.info/
        What do you have to lose?

And Allah (swt) knows best.

Please forgive me if I've upset anyone, my intention was only to clarify a clear misunderstanding

1. profile image0

You do realize the Bible isn't talking about Prophet Muhammed here, it's talking about St Paul!

lol yah paul talked this way about himself in a letter he wrote to the christian church

In Essence, Jesus came to reaffirm the law of Moses, he says this very clearly in the bible. And he *explicitly* separates himself from being a partner with God in many instances.

No Jesus did not reaffirm the law of Moses, he rewrote it, into two commandments and he openly and intentionally rebuked talmud laws. Jesus was not into any law at all and this is completely part of the new covenant referred to in Jeremiah 31:31,32

Then St Paul comes along, and changes everything, and says Jesus is the begotton son of God,

Psalms 2:7   I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
          Acts 13:33   God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 
          Psalms 2:12   Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
          John 1:14   And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
          John 1:18   No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
          John 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
            John 3:18   He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

begotten as in birthed through the flesh of a woman to become incarnate. Not hard to understand at all and certainly paul did not change anything.

and the law of Moses is no more (how many Christians find eating the flesh of swine perfectly acceptable).

The Law for millennium could not produce righteous people. The Law only pointed out what was sin but the people had no power to overcome sin and the sacrifices only covered their sin and at best temporarily erased it but then they had to offer again and again.
          Jesus came as per joel 2:23 to empower people, so, understandably the law had to be changed.
          Acts 15:1   And certain men which came down from Judea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
          In Acts 15 we see that the law was already changed and it was not something that Paul did, James did it - the head of the Jerusalem church, with Peter who said:
          Acts 15:10   Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
          even in the OT God says he cannot bear the offerings any longer.
          Isaiah 1:11   To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
          Hosea 6:6   For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
          Amos 5:22   Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.
          Malachi 1:11   For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a PURE offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
          Is the temple built yet? Unto this day the temple in jerusalem is destroyed and their is no place for offerings. 

Prophet Muhammed (whom Jesus spoke of, this has been translated into 'comforter' then then 'Holy Spirit/Ghost', which is wrong) came and corrected everything.

Thats such malarky. If there was to be another prophet it would have been said clearly and openly. The comforter here is:
             Joel 2:28   And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
            Joel 2:29   And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

and it is rightly translated Holy Ghost.

Matthew 7:16-7:17 suggests that you'll know a false prophet by their fruits. 
            Matthew 7:16   Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
            Matthew 7:17   Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.

This has nothing to do with lifestyle choices. It is the work of God to help people through their lifestyles so until then are they false prophets. Remember what a prophet is: someone who speaks the word of God.
          There could well be some inspired speakers of God who go home and have a sip of brandy. There is nothing wrong with that - drunkeness yes, will God call a person a false prophet for sipping the occasional brandy and not getting drunk? Of course not.

Islam was sent as a message to the whole of humanity (thus, the whole of humanity must believe in Jesus). Jesus was only sent unto "the lost sheep of Israel" and never commanded any of his disciples to call the gentiles to his way. Only Muslims were commanded with this, as it was the final message, sent for all of mankind.

Here's the crux, 1 John 4:1-2 states that many false spirits will come, but every spirit that confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God. And Muhammed (saw) did exactly that! Confirmed the arrival of Jesus (or Isa, in Islam, as his name actually was), and every Muslim confesses this since.

Muhammed did nothing of a sort. There is no trip to india. Jesus said he was going to ascend that, by God, that is exactly what he did.
            John 15:26   But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you FROM the Father, EVEN the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:
            John 16:7   Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I GO AWAY: for if I go NOT away, the Comforter will NOT come unto you; but if I DEPART, I will send him unto you.
          Here is your comforter:
          Acts 2:1   And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
            Acts 2:2   And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
            Acts 2:4   And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Thats what jesus was talking about. He went away and the spirit came. Plain and simple. So he could not have been in india because he ascended to the father.

- God can be born, of a human woman
          of course. God lives inside each of us. Its not what God CAN do, but what God DID do. God put a zygote in Mary and when the flesh was birthed God was already in charge. Don't limit what God can do because all things are possible with God.

- God can be three, and one, and one can die, or not know what the others know

God did not die, the flesh died. Animals were flesh, jesus was flesh. The important thing here is not that God died, God did not die but the fleshly husk of jesus body did and that was the offering or sacrifice - a flesh and blood body.

- The devil can carry God/Jesus and show him things

Obviously this is metaphoric. One cannot stand on a hilltop and see all the riches of the world. And for those of us who do not believe in a devil or a satan, these temptations of flesh are what the metaphors are alluding to.

Need I go on?

0 for 0 buddy.

[i] what i don't get is how you don't see the brilliancy of Gods plan and how the execution of Gods plan to install a new covenant before the destruction of the temple, to offer a human body for sacrifice to shed blood - all covenants are based on shed blood.
          You have such a delusional way of interpreting scripture.
          IF God did offer his son for atonement for sin once and for all, to change moses laws and end sacrifice at (the nonexistent) temple, then why would he change all that, send an angel to preach to muhammed and teach a completely different message?
          The answer is HE WOULD NOT.

Don't bother to answer that.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
            Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"The answer is HE WOULD NOT."

HA! Because you met god and he told you right?

I know why the expression "jesus christ" exists.

1. profile image0

Christian common sense

of course

get some soon! smile

2. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 12 years ago

Ramadan, for me, is very different from the rest of the year. I am not Muslim, but I live in Qatar, an Islamic state. So how does it affect me? First, the law prohibits eating, drinking or smoking in public between sunrise and sunset, whether or not you are Muslim. (Note, you don't have to fast - you just mustn't be seen to be partaking). My compromise is to go along with the food fast but I do drink water (privately) during the day. The daytime temperature here is around 45C (112F). I think there are no benefits to dehydration. That's why I drink water.
    Rather more life-changing is that all the bars in Qatar close for the whole month. The problem with this is not the alcohol. I can have a few cans stashed away in the apartment. But the bars tend to be the hub of ex-pat social life. In Ramadan, for the whole month you tend not to meet people outside work, which gets a bit tedious. There are other changes too. Working hours are reduced and nobody is focused on work. Nothing gets done. The roads are lethal too, especially around sundown when thousands of tired, hungry, dehydrated people are rushing home to break their fast with their families. An interesting month.

Ramadan Kareem!!

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel for ya!
      I don't see the point, anyway.
      If something is imposed, it has no value, nor meaning.
      (Neither to the Muslim, who is coerced into it by law, or those, like you, who are not even part of the religion.)
      BTW, what happens to "miracles" outside of this season? hmm

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't see the point of imposing it. Most of the Middle East Muslims will follow the fasting regime anyway. The guys I do feel sorry for are the outside workers, on construction, etc. An hour in this desert sun is enough for anyone, never mind a six hour labouring shift without water!

1. JamShady profile image56

Hi, I think it's important not to be confused about the intention of the imposition. It's not to force Muslims to fast, or anyone else. Indeed, the Qur'an clearly mentions that there is no compulsion in religion, you have to do things of your own will for them to be acceptable.

The compulsion here is to preserve the unity, and identity of the Muslims in the country. If, what is known as a Muslim country (i.e. it's laws should reflect that of the shariah, in reality they don't, but lets look at the intention for now) during the month of Ramadhan has many people (Muslims come in all shapes or sizes) who are openly eating and drinking during the month, it causes confusion for Muslims, and the ignorant ones (i.e. new Muslims, and the young children growing up) would be confused.

Hence, the purpose of the imposition is to preserve the identity, which is it's specifically linked to open and public displays. Whatever you do in private is up to you, there's nothing preventing you from that.

Ramadhan Kareem smile

If you are an outside worker, in a work gang, there is no privacy. You are on shift. So for these poor guys it is effectively a direct order to fast for the duration of their shift, whether they are Muslim or not. They don't have the luxury of privacy.

I think it's important that, if your job doesn't permit you breaks or lunches away from your place of work, to view this for what it is: a restriction in the nature of your job, rather than Islam being imposed on you in some form.

Maybe. The Gulf States are not renowned for humane treatment of overseas unskilled or semi-skilled workers.
                I've written more extensively about Ramadan here http://paraglider.hubpages.com/hub/Ramadan_Holy_Month
                You can tell me whether you think I've understood the spirit or not?

Hi,

Some minor issues:
                  - The current islamic year is 1432, not 1433.
                  - The Qur'an itself mentions that it was revealed in the month of Ramadhan [2:185] (as opposed to 'tradition' which usually refers to, or is understood to mean, the hadith).
                  - Might be worth mentioning that sexual relations are also prohibited whilst fasting, as this is mentioned specifically in the Qur'an [2:187]. And according to 'tradition', all other sinful acts are forbidden to. The Prophet (saw) reportedly said: "If one does not eschew lies and false conduct, Allah has no need that he should abstain from his food and his drink."

Aside from those minor issues, everything else is correct. I especially like the last paragraph (about the over-indulging), unfortunately it's quite true.

Although what you've said is not incorrect, it might also be worth emphasising the focus on the spiritual aspect a little more. This is the month where Muslims try to recite the Qur'an more, and attend the mosque every night. In essence, all aspects of spirituality (should) increase by a huge degree.

Other than that, yes, I think you understand it quite well, alhumdulillah smile

Thank you for the close read. I've made the easy correction to the date already and will incorporate some more of your feedback points when I have time this evening.
                    Shukran, habibi! wink

2. dutchman1951 profile image60

interesting read Para, thanks for the inside views.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image59
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

Never actually saw the point of the the fasting, no one seemed to take it that seriously.

Not being a Muslim please feel free to set me straight if the I have the next bit wrong, but as I understand it  this is somehow following the example of the prophet Muhammad who fasted for a month only breaking his fast after sun set by taking water, am I correct  ?

So explain why in any Muslim country I have worked in women get up in the dark and prepare a huge breakfast for the family to eat before the sun comes up and then prepare an equally large dinner after the sun goes down !  When I worked in Egypt I know several Muslim men who actually put weight on during Ramadan,  mind you their wives were worn out, especially those who had a job as well. 

Hardly seems to be in the true spirit of Muhammad or am I missing something ?

Hi, this is a really good article as to what the "spirit" of fasting means: http://www.islamsgreen.org/islams_green … -is-t.html

In terms of what you've described, as Paraglider mentions, it does happen, and yes, it's not in the true spirit of the month. Aside from the fast, you're supposed to live each day as you normally would, i.e. have the same breakfast, and dinner, and go to work as per normal, etc. You're supposed to be fasting, not feasting, and it's more than just abstaining from food and drink, but because a lot of Muslims don't understand their own religion properly, they focus on this aspect.

4. Paraglider profile image88

What you're describing is regularly raised in the local papers (here in the Gulf). Most people take the daytime fast pretty seriously, but many do overindulge at iftar (evening breakfast)and suhoor (pre-dawn meal), as you say, even to the point of putting on weight. When you add to that that the working days are shortened to 5 or 6 hours, many people finish their duty by 1 p.m. and go home, where of course they can sleep until sundown. Fasting while asleep is not too taxing.

Then there's Dubai where, in Ramadan, the bars open at 7p.m., but with no live music allowed during the holy month. There are still plenty of 'working girls' available though. So apparently it's fine to have a drink and pick up a bar girl, as long as you don't do it to music...

5. Paraglider profile image88

And now it's full moon. Two weeks down, two to go...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)