jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)

So what gender is "God"?

1. kittythedreamer profile image96
    kittythedreamerposted 6 years ago

I have heard many people say that God is the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, all in one. When I've asked them, so is God a male? They usually reply, well no...but we refer to him as the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. That to me seems as though he is male, so what gender is God to you? Or is he (or she) a combination of both, or is he/she neither but has just been interpreted differently?

1. AEvans profile image65
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He is a man and it is written in the Holy Bible. smile

kittythedreamerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Eh, I'm not buying it.

1. Knight6 profile image68
          Knight6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

dont either the bible is a book written by men god is gender less god is an entity nothing more nothing less

Thank you, Knight6. I agree.

2. Nexis19 profile image60
            Nexis19posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly 100% true.

2. AEvans profile image65

No one has ever seen God. But his only son, who is himself God. is near to his father's heart; (he) has told us about him. John 1:18 (NLT). How could you not buy that? It is written? It would be nice if he were a she but it truly is not correct. smile

It's also been written that woman are subservient to their husbands and that daughters can be sold into slavery...are those true to you?

1. wilderness profile image96
              wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course!  Barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.  How could it ever be otherwise? lol

We've come a long way, haven't we?  Still got a ways to go, but far from those good old days of yore.

2. AEvans profile image65

That is old testament. What I do know is that when you look around, all of what you see was created. The fruits of the vine with different textures and flavors were created and designed. it wasn't created from an amoeba. When the amoeba was created, then what created that? The Bible has been re-written thousands of times and the issue with many Christians is that they do not read the Bible and listen to what a preacher says. Reading the book "Shocked By the Bible" written by Joe Kovacs tells the entire truth verbatim from the Bible. To many just tap the edge of the Bible.

EX: Noah built the ark, but there was not two of everything there was 14. It isn't any written the date of Jesus birth but we celebrate it in December. There is plenty of you know what in the Bible but the churches don't talk about that either.

So are you saying women should be subservant, daughters as slaves? (old testament)  No. Man and woman should work together and walk side-by-side just like God has asked us to do. Read the book I told you about, it will answer so many questions and there you will find the truth.

Am I believer of God absolutely. Do I condemn those who do not believe? Nope. Everyone has free will and can make there own choices.

AEvans - Great way of looking at it. Thank you. And by the way, Jesus birth is celebrated on December 25th because it was the church's way of phasing out the pagan holiday of the winter solstice (a.k.a yule). Look into it, it might surprise you how many Christian holidays were once pagan holidays that were converted to Christian. Same thing with Easter (the name Easter is actually derived from a pagan goddess known as eostre), as well as with Saint Valentine's Day (Roman fertility festival known as Lupercalia). The list goes on...

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ships are referred to in the female gender no matter what they're called.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

As God caused Mary to become pregnant it should be safe to assume He is male.

1. Knight6 profile image68
      Knight6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

no sexual intercourse took place so not prove it was a miracle so they say

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mary was asleep and didn't notice and there were no observers.  Or were you there, peeping through the window?

In any case, Jesus was also human which implies a female egg.  That requires a male sperm to fertilize whether there was actual intercourse or not.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 6 years ago

I think I know this one. God is genderless. Adam, in ancient hebrew was a generic term for human.  That's what I've heard, anyway.

Awesome, Thanks Emile.

4. TJenkins602 profile image60
    TJenkins602posted 6 years ago

Genderless

5. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Myths can be any gender you like. smile

1. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd love a big tittied, big bootied Long haired myth myself.

Oh the things I could do.

working