jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Should homosexual Christians be allowed to adopt Children?

1. davenmidtown profile image84
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

The bible does not seem to discuss the adoption of children at all.  So what do you all think about whether or not gay christens being able to adopt children?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Religion should have no part with regards to whether or not someone can adopt a child or children.

3. Moon Daisy profile image84
    Moon Daisyposted 6 years ago

Yes, I believe they should.  I don't see any reason at all why not.

You reminded me of a story that happened here in the UK recently where a Christian couple were not allowed to foster a child because they thought that homosexuality was wrong.  Quite different of course.  But there was lots of uproar, as they had been fostering for a long time and had proved themselves to be good, caring foster parents in the past.

4. iQwest profile image63
    iQwestposted 6 years ago

People are people.  Period!  It doesn't matter what your religion is, what color your skin is, what your sexual preference is, it simply comes down to how you would love and take care of a child (as it relates to your post).

For anyone to believe that two men or two women couldn't raise a child with love and selfless devotion, is sadly mistaken.

5. wilderness profile image92
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

What an odd question!  As others have said it doesn't matter even if a couple IS Christian - they should still be able to adopt children and provide a loving home.

Or were you aiming at another target entirely?

6. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

All people should be able to adopt children. It doesn't matter if they are Christians or Non-Christians, what happens in there own private lives is there business. smile

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
      Petra Vlahposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The question was about Homosesexual Christians, but it seems to me you are ignoring the "homosexsual" part of the question

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No. I just wrote to quickly. lololo! Being homosexual and Christian does not have anything to do with the adoption of a little one. smile

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
          Petra Vlahposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Would a Christian ever admit of being homosexsual? They are fast to criticize others, but not so fast to admit to anything that the Bible does not endorse

1. AEvans profile image70
            AEvansposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well if they are a true Christian they should not be ashamed of there own sexuality. Criticizing others if they are homosexual is wrong and they should reflect on what they are doing and not be so judgmental. When it comes to not admitting anything the Bible does not endorse, I do not have any idea. That raises an interesting question.

7. davenmidtown profile image84
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

what about news events like those cultist that the FBI was after a few years back.... and were not not some polygamists in a compound in Texas that the FBI raided.

8. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

I think anyone should be allowed to adopt children, whether heterosexual or homosexual, as long as they take the FULL responsibility of caring for the children and as long as they serve as mature role-models for their kids. Thanks for posting this question!

9. Jerami profile image72
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

I think that it is about the Child needing a loving home ....   PERIOD ..

Should we take a child out of our foster home program and let somebody that swears they are going to love it;  have it?

What is the other most important things ......    I cain't remember any!

1. Jerami profile image72
      Jeramiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good night Yawl ....   It is 2 AM   and my time is up for the day   ....   

I mean Yesterday !!!

working