jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Time and Tomorrow

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Philosophically speaking, there is no tomorrow. Philosophically speaking, by the time one reaches the end of oneday tomorrow becomes today, therefore tomorrow does not exist. Therefore one can only live in the moment of the second in the day one happens to be in.

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What is "exist"?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I guess this is an original philosophical train of thought before the time-zones were put into place. lol

Being it's 11:02am here on the East Coast USA and Australia is already approaching or is in fact tomorrow. lol

Dave Mathewsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ha Ha Ha! very funny but the fact is still the same whereever you are standing by the time "YOU" arrive at tomorrow whereever you might be living, tomorrow becomes today one second after 24:00 hours military time. whether you like it or not.

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years agoin reply to this

today is yesterday's tommorow, and tomorrow's yesterday

by the time you have said the word "now", that moment has passed. I had no idea that this was philosophical thinking, I thought it was just the kind of stuff I said to my mom when I was little that made her start drinking.  smile

Not only is it philosophy but it is real time. Don't sneez or blink or you will miss a second of your future today.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Correct - both the future and the past exist only in the imagination and memories.  They are not "real".

Unless, of course you believe in an omniscent God - then predestination is reality and the future is fixed.  As such it may indeed be as real as the present is and if so, the past may be more than a memory as well.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years agoin reply to this

even if predestination was real, you wouldn't be living it 'till you got there.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Or that there is no difference between the future, past and present.  All times exist simultaneously and are one.  We can only perceive the now, but the others are just as now as the now is.  If that makes any sense! smile

2. Dave Mathews profile image61

wilderness: I do believe in God and in His omnicents but the fact still remains that as a man, yeasteday is already gone and there is only today. Only God can live in past present and future.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So you claim.  Even the bible doesn't address this issue, however so any conclusion to that effect is pure heresay with no evidence.

2. profile image0
        jomineposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No god will be able to do such magik stuff, unless you can make past, present and future into some containers!!

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 6 years ago

Well, as jomine likes to point it; time is a concept. Have you ever wondered how it would play out if you both were right? Maybe you're omnipresent in the physical reality for a brief moment in eternity and you perceive that existence in a time linear manner.

working