Which is "the word"?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (138 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jomineposted 12 years ago

A christian: Bible is the god's word.
    Q: Who said?
    C: Bible says so.
    Q: How do you know Bible is truth?
    C: Because it is god's word.

A Muslim: Quran is the god's word.
    M: Quran says so.
    Q: How do you know Quran is truth?
    M: Because it is god's word.

A Hindu: Bhagavad Gita is the god's word.
    H: Bhagavad Gita says so.
    Q: How do you know Bhagavad Gita is truth?
    H: Because it is god's word.

Me: Warthog is the god's word.
    Me: Warthog says so.
    Q: How do you know Warthog is truth?
    Me: Because it is god's word.

So which is the TRUTH?

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Truth is that which authors all existence so therefore what soever. you make out to be truth is truth unto you.
      Now if what you considered to be Truth infact is false it does not change Truth it just means that you have made Truth false because you yourself is such.
      And whatsoever you are as person, whether you be truth or false, your god along with his word is also the same.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More self contradictory word soup.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A christian: Bible is the god's word.
          C: Bible says so.
          Q: How do you know Bible is truth?
          C: Because someone said it is!

1. earnestshub profile image80

All perfectly logical, circular logic is wonderful isn't it.

The bible is gods word, it says so in the bible so god must be true.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The first one.
      The Word declares and defends itself, is proof of itself, and yet is confirmed both naturally and Spiritually.
      The same cannot be said about the other religions, no matter how much you or anyone else may try to lump them all together.

1. profile image0

The same is told to me by a Muslim, but his answer was the second, by a Hindu, his answer was the third..
        So care to explain why your answer is better than theirs?

3. earnestshub profile image80

Well the way I see it, all their fairies are mythical so there is no truth in any of them. smile

1. profile image0

In spite of clearly showing their circular logic, and in spite of a using a non existent book called "warthog", to catch the attention, there is still one person who got here, to use the same circular logic to support her believes and denounce all others.
        World is tragicomic!!

4. JamaGenee profile image78
      JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I lean toward Pastaferianism. A steaming plate of spaghetti is TRUTH enough for me. cool

1. profile image0

smile

5. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The atheists say they have facts and truth.

Who said?

The atheists.

1. arksys profile image85
        arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

like ^^

2. OutWest profile image57
        OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cute. big_smile

3. profile image0

The atheists are just a bunch of idiots like you.

1. profile image51

The Atheists are not men of Word; they don't have anything of their own they could reference to as authentic.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, atheists have their honesty and integrity, something far more authentic than any "Word"

1. profile image51

Who says that atheists have more honesty and intergrity than the theists?

Honesty and intergrity are not prerequisitesof being an theist. Are they?

1. profile image51
                1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
                  Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Be a good discussion (if we could have one)

Why do we believe in being honest for example?

Why do we not murder?

Its wrong -why?

1. profile image51

To be dishonest is negative and not pro-life; while being honest is pro-life.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57

You do, each and every time you dishonestly and without integrity post your religious beliefs.

They're not prerequisites of anything. They're characteristics you will never comprehend or be able to integrate into your life as a Muslim.

6. OutWest profile image57
      OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here's some of what The Beatles said about the word,

Say the word and you'll be free
      Say the word and be like me
      Say the word I'm thinking of
      Have you heard the word is love?

7. TJenkins602 profile image59
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

...I thought you heard,
      if you don't know
      bird is the word
      bird bird bird
      bird is the word....

2. lucieanne profile image68
    lucieanneposted 12 years ago

I think the answer is - whatever a person deems to be the 'truth' is just that. It's time we all just agreed to differ. There are soooo many posts on here about who believes what, and people ramming their own beliefs on everyone else - me included, but at the end of the day, we will all believe what we want. 'Truth' doesn't come into it, and no-one can -or should try and change someone's personal views.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Um, jomine. I feel compelled to ask if you've found an answer to

What is "god"? Is god an object or a concept? If it is an object it exist, if it is a concept, it does not. If it is an object, what are it attributes/properties? How do you identify it?

I mean, seriously. How can you ask what you are asking, when you were asking what god was a couple of hours ago?

1. profile image0

I was asking the same ..whether god is an object or concept.
      First one has to decide whether it is an object or concept.

Here I was just stating what is told by most religious folks, not me.. I was just mimicking the circular logic THEY use. I put the warthog part, to see whether anybody will understand it.. I have never heard a book called warthog.

4. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

Ditto to what Earnest said.  cool

5. arksys profile image85
    arksysposted 12 years ago

science is proving what is written in the Quran things written in the scriptures are being proved today. over 1400 years later with all this technology. how come it was all written so early? .. do you think it was just a guess (its not just one thing but many)... and the Quran is written in a poetic style too if you read or hear it in arabic you'll understand. the great poets of the time believed it could not have been Muhammad's words (an illiterate person)

1. profile image0

Do you think interpreting and reinterpreting ancient books to suit new finds is "evidence"?
      I would like to know the great knowledge predicted in those book, that the earth is the center of the universe? Or is it that devils cause seizure and other diseases? Or is it about computers and internet? Or is it treatment for tuberculosis and cancer? Or is it space travel? Or is it underwater travel?

the steps in child birth... will this work for you?

Chapter 23 verses 12-14
        Translation : yusuf ali

Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay); (12) Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest firmly fixed; (13) Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then We made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then We developed out of it another creature: so blessed be Allah, the Best to create! (14)

Does he find your car keys like the christian god does?

no he doesn't smile

Miracles? smile

countless miracles all around us ... they're miracles for us ... not for God.

Which god?

the one you don't believe in... wink

2. profile image0

Here is another
          I. A. Ibrahim,
          “We created man from an extract of clay. Then We made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then We made the drop into an Alaqah* (leech, suspended thing, blood clot), then We made the Alaqah into a Mudghah** (chewed, lump)” The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 23,Verse 12-14

The sperm word is later introduction, the word and context indicate that what he meant was semen. Again it missed the ovum part. Secondly uterus is not firmly fixed, its partly mobile.
          It is not sperm mixed with blood, but sperm joining with ovum that creates a fetus. There is  no bones or flesh then only group of cells. Flesh develops later and bone much much later. The version is just a collection of worthless pile by the people of that time with no knowledge of embryology. And if you care this is the version that was thought and still being thought as true by  majority of people even though they have never heard about Quran.
          Try something worthwhile.

I agree, this is paltry at best.

2. arksys profile image85

I agree the word sperm came much later than during that time. but has been translated in a way easier for us to understand.

and the uterus being partially mobile, is not an argument at all ... there is slight mobilitiy in almost every part of your body ... but the position or area is fixed. zoom out a little... on this one.

its' not talking about development. it talks about the order of creation, obviousely in development the bones would be developed further later, and they keep developing till we're about 20 years old, some less some more.

I do not see it as worthless at all. i'll post another soon to discuss with you.

1. profile image0

That is a knowledge everybody knew even before quran and even without quran. There is no Nobel price for guessing flesh and bone arise from semen that is passed into uterus.

It is not a little movement, the uterus is mobile just like a joint. we can turn it anteriorly, posteriorly or side ways. In fact it has more movement than  spine.

Where is the order? Bones are one of the organs that develop later, I didn't say fully mature.

I'll wait.

I think you're still missing the point on this one ... maybe i'm not explaining it well enough. anyways ... will be back with another. smile

I didn't know the uterus moves like a joint. interesting stuff ... will look it up.

1. profile image0

May be I'm.

You can, or you can ask any surgeon/gynecologist. I too am a surgeon, when we do lap appendicectomy we routinely lift it and look under it.

surgeon wow... good stuff... i have great respect for your profession.

if you don't mind me asking ... were you always a non-believer or did your profession make you think this way? I've noticed a trend with surgeons who deal with life and death situations all the time to loose faith/interest in God, which is why i ask. (i hope you're not offended, not my intention to offend)

will still look up the uterus though ... i always try to check 2-3 sources to make sure there is some consistency.

back in a day or two with other examples.

but one thing i would like you to consider with the next ones i post is to try and put your shoes in a person when there was very little knowledge about everything. before einstein and all the guru's of science... basically when people didn't know much.

Yes just like the bible.......poetic.

Qur’an 9:123 “murder them and treat them harshly”
      Qur’an 3.28 Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
      NOTE: By ‘guarding carefully’, a Muslim should deceive the infidel. Acting as a friend is fine as long as it is to benefit the Muslim and protect Islam.

Qur’an 3:56 “As for those disbelieving infidels, I will punish them with a terrible agony in this world and the next. They have no one to help or save them.”

Qur’an 4.89 They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Qur’an 5:51 “Muslims, do not make friends with any but your own people.”

So much love! lol

lol ... earnest ... i'll say it again for you ... out of context. tongue

Thanks! lol

3. A Troubled Man profile image57

When you begin making claims like that, no one is going to take you seriously.

Credibility =  zero.

1. profile image0

There is no difference between his and yours claim- fairytale..

I didn't make a claim. Are you referring to fairy tale claims of being a surgeon, for example? lol

1. profile image0

Try refreshing your memory, if you managed to kick start your brain.

6. AskingQuestions89 profile image58
    AskingQuestions89posted 12 years ago

One of my favourite things to ask questions about and explore is religion. I myself have put my faith in Christianity and believe that Jesus is the son of God and came to earth to die for my sins. Your asking which word is true and it comes down to a faith matter, my faith is in Christianity and I am constantly shown signs and miracles from God which only strengthens my faith. The bible is the story of Jesus and the things he did as well as his followers, I believe that the bible is the one and only word.

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

On threat of death people will believe anything, even without reading all of it, or understanding what it means. smile

8. profile image51
    haileycollegeposted 12 years ago

quran is true

So this is all true?

Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels (non-Muslims) out to the last.’”

Qur’an 8:39 “So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.”

Qur’an 8:59 “The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them. They are your enemy and Allah’s enemy.”

yes all true if its from the Quran.
        its talking about when muslims were going to war.

i'm sure when americans were preparing for the "war on terror" they got similar orders. i'm sure they were not told to go and hug everyone there.
        some facts - 3000 people killed in twin towers
        so far over 1 million killed in war on terror most of them would be innocent people i'm sure. like the drones that aim to kill a people in a meeting so say 12 people ... but kills dozens of people around it who are just walking by.
        definitely not an eye for an eye...

So the same argument as the bible bashers then, goddunnit, and so it must be OK, and anything horrible is talking about some past event where the omniscient god had to resort to the lowest human denominator. lol

That is the most amusing thing about religionists, they only see the bits they like as in context.

In reality it does not matter who he was talking to, these statements are clearly neurotic and spoken by a fool.

9. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

God is the creator of all written word. Whatever book God declares is "His Holy Book" containing His "Holy Words" That is the book.

1. Kiss andTales profile image62
      Kiss andTalesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the problem here is some have the right to believe in fairies, nothing you say will change there mind ! because their purpose is to make you feel like you are foolish to believe in what you believe! ! have expiernced this for days .for some a play ground to poke fun and and get a reaction from you! some people just get a kick from it. its up to you! as the old saying go fight or switch! whats comes out of is a lot of disrespect and name bashing! people who will never repect your view , and will attack you for expressing it!you will see they are not hard to pick out , they do not believe in God but they will make a lot of comments on invisable fairies! and the bible .Just letting you know !

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You said the choice is to fight or switch. You do realize there are other options?

2. arksys profile image85

@kiss and tales - i agree with you, but questioning faith is also good to strengthen your own faith ... you also learn more about your own faith by discussing it with them ... they think of things believers would not think of ... so in a way they are doing people a favour.

but some (not all) are hypocrites too ... asking where is the love and respect, yet they show none themselves.

@emile R - there are other options but doesn't seem like it most of the time.

3. A Troubled Man profile image57

Sorry, but I hope you're not suggesting that believing in fairies to the point of ever changing your mind deserves a command of respect?

@troubled man - having respect for one another leads to meaningful discussions where various people are allowed to have different opinions. if i think and tell you that you are nothing but trash, how do you think that conversation will end? don't respect the person for their beliefs, respect them for being humans equal to you in this world.

That's a personal attack on me, I will simply ignore you for making that attack as it says a whole lot more about you than me. Easy.

I do respect humans, but I need have to respect their irrational beliefs.

1. profile image0

Most certainly, as you yourself have so many irrational beliefs, you should respect another's!
              lol

2. profile image0

I didn't know you were so old that you witnessed god declaring his holy book.
      Mighty event, it might have been. Lucky you!
      Was there any rock concert there during the declaration ceremony or only hallelujahs?

you're going in the totally wrong direction. you're going against science too... seems like you trust no one.

how do you really know the world is a sphere? did you go out in space and see it for yourself? you might not even believe the nuclear bomb exists because you were never there to witness it... I can give you a thousand examples like that ... Do  you have to carry out all the experiments in the world yourself to believe in them? You're limiting youself by not believing in any of it...

No rock concert no hallelujahs...

1. profile image0

No. Dave is using the same circular logic that is the topic of this forum. Most religious books written says it is the written word of god. If asked why it is so, everybody says it is written in the book, and if asked why the book is true, they say it is the written word of god. People belonging to the particular sect take only that particular book and reject all others. If you take Dave's case, he accept only bible, while reject all others, even though all other books make the same claim and he has no valid reason for that acceptance or rejection.

Science is a rational explanation of the universe. If it is irrational, it ought to be rejected. Suppose I say there is square circles or married bachelors, will you accept?
          Circles by definition can never be square and bachelors by definition cannot be married. So is with everything. It only matters whether the reasoning is right or not.

ok now i see where you're coming from... makes sense to me.

10. earnestshub profile image80

arksys, are you saying that allah is gonna take aim at me (a definite non believer) with hailstones???

You wrote"
    "wherein is hail: He strikes therewith whom He pleases and He turns it away fro whom He pleases."

Funny that. I have logical scientific understanding of how hail forms.
    Should I ignore that and say Goddunnit? smile

No earnest that's not what it means. lol.

11. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Jesus Christ is known as 'The Word'

(In the beginning was 'the word' ) Jesus, and the word (Jesus) was with Him (God)

1. profile image0

Word soup with no meaning.

Good soup ,loaded with anti-toxiants smile

1. profile image0

You meant anti-toxin/anti oxidant?
          More in the line of contradiction.

Oh you knew what I meant-never said I was perfect lol

The soup however is wink

1. profile image0

It is not. May be, it is  tasty for you. More like a nauseating thing.

Well when you change your mind or are hungry for food that satisfies, you can always ask...and it will be given smile

1. profile image0

Certainly I won't take nauseating stuff, and I can prepare for myself, Thanks.

12. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

What is The Word?

It was a stunningly bad "youth TV" programme in the 1990s which aired on the UK's Channel 4 and was hosted by Terry Christian (yes, that really was his name).

13. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago
  14. Storytellersrus profile image66
    Storytellersrusposted 12 years ago

I like the story of the elephant and the four blind men.  Each man was located in various locations around the elephant.  The first said, An elephant is like a snake.  It has a long, tubular breathing mechanism.  The second said, An elephant is like a whip.  It thrashes its bush of hair.  The third said, No,No!  An elephant is a wall of wrinkles.  It has little movement and many, many textured ridges.  The fourth said, You are all wrong.  I have wrapped my arms around the elephant.  It is round like a post and has toenails.

To me, this is what all the religions have done- taken a position beside the elephant (God) and claimed they know what others do not.  In truth, the elephant has a trunk and a tail and a belly and legs.  It is all these things, even as God is all these things.

How can it be different, if God is All?

I like the story...

Uh, the elephant actually exists. fyi. smile

1. Storytellersrus profile image66
        Storytellersrusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Regarding the slavery argument, What was the original question?  LOL.

And Yes, I do believe God actually exists, naive as it may seem to some.

I don't think it's naive. smile

15. earnestshub profile image80

How about this story, it should be great, it's god's word. smile

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.  (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

The omniscient god didn't know there was anything wrong with a spot of slavery apparently.

earnest ... in the elephant story i think you're standing too close to the elephant's bung hole. tongue

just kiddin ...

slavery was very common in those days, yes ... I do not know the details though therefore cannot talk further on your comment.

The fact that it is a part of "the word of god" is all the clue anyone should need. smile
        How would an omnipotent god be limited intellectually by "those days?"
        Should an omniscient god be less aware than your average person who abhors the thought of enslaving another?

How stupid does it get around here? Not recognising the elephant in the room is wilful ignorance.
        "In those days," slavery may well have prevailed, but did that mean a god could not see it was wrong because man didn't?

It's a pile of elephant poo...... THAT is what it is! :LOL:

Upstairs fro thinkin, downstairs for dancin.

Maybe there was more good in it than bad at the time. maybe people who were slaves could not make it on their own ... that was a different time, i don't know exactly what the story was with slaves. I know that slaves could arrange a contract to get freed from their owners, those were orders too from God. Just because the average person abhors it now, doesn't mean anything.

at that time people used to lower their heads in shame when a girl was born in their house... they used to even bury their new-born girls alive ... all that was also ordered to be stopped. You choose to miss all those details and concentrate on slavery...

you might not realize it but you choose to ignore things as well... so yeah i agree there is wilful ignorance, but its not limited to believers. do you?

You miss the elephant yet again.

Why would a superior being tolerate abuse in any age at any time regardless of the ignorance surrounding him.

This tiny god can't work out what decency and respect are because the humans around him can't? How is that related to "the times" for a timeless god?

How stupid is this god?
            How omnipotent?

You want me to believe that it is OK that a god is as ignorant as the people around him in the bronze age?

you still didn't answer my question if you agree that you wilfully choose to ignore too?

once again I told you in the start that i don't know much about slavery and i did not want to comment on it untill I have better knowledge.

Does this help?

33:55 "It is no sin for them (thy wives) to converse freely) with their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or the sons of their sisters or of their own women, or their slaves."

Notice that women can talk freely with their slaves? That's what I call Islamic jurisprudence. lol

does it say mistreat them? beat them kill them... i don't think so.

LOL! That's makes the owning of slaves acceptable with you then? As long as you don't beat them or kill them? lol

Which question do you want answered?

Do you support slavery condoned by a god?

you still didn't answer.

Answer what?

No, slaves couldn't arrange anything, they were slaves, which were abhorred as much then as they are now, especially if you were a slave.

Do you actually know what a slave is?

You have chosen to miss all the details surrounding the fact that even though it may have been ordered stopped, those practices continue today.

I read it in the translation of the Quran and i'll try to find then give you a quote on it, to come to an agreement for release with the slave.

I did mention earlier that i do not know much about the slaves... I haven't chosen to miss it ... i'm not there yet.

you said ... "even though it may have been ordered stopped, those practices continue today."... there are a lot of things that were ordered in the Book yet the wrong practices continue today and probably will go on till the end of time. It's the people who are doing the practicing who are at fault.

And, there are lots of things ordered, condoned, promoted, accepted in the Book that are wrong practices that continue today. It would be much better if they did not go on till the end of time.

It's the Book that is telling people to practice, they are obeying the Book.

16. Storytellersrus profile image66

Who says slavery was condoned by God?  This is the Word question?  If something was written in a Holy Book centuries ago, does this make it the Word of God? 

This is where the elephant comes in, to my mind!  So many blind men attempting to interpret what is an elephant.  To claim knowledge in words that describe what is not fully an elephant.

Might it be possible that our understanding of God has evolved and we understand that God is no longer a tyrant or located in one piece of property as in the Old Testament?  That it was not God but man's interpretation of God in a social context that gave slavery power?  Or the right to sell daughters?

Could it be that God wanted the Internet to connect people so that we begin to understand more what is this elephant versus hold tight to our beliefs as the only right way?

Mulling over things, thinking with my fingers...

The bible is the word, the word is with god according to religions that are bible based (damn near all of them)

The bible makes it clear to anyone who reads it that the god thing is a psychopathic killer.
      There is no word dance that can make a god without the only book that supports it, (apart from the qioran) which is simply a copy with a few more threats and a different messenger.

(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."

17. Storytellersrus profile image66

According to one religion I studied, the Bible records man's spiritual journey through history- its evolution.  To them, it is not literal, it is literary. 

The "Word is God" is a symbolical way of describing Jesus.  "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."  This isn't talking about an actual word.  Jesus is the Word. 

I wouldn't assume that everyone who reads and discovers God in books like the Bible takes it all literally.  Some Religious right do.  Many other versions don't.  As to "making a God" without a book, well, dance is a way to express God without words at all, as is art and music.  Anything creative points toward the Original Creator to those who believe.

Obviously this is my take on the whole question.  bird bird bird... yes, love it.

While on the flip side, history records man's violent journey evolving with the Bible; Witch Burnings, Inquisitions, Holy Wars, etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)