what is your view about spirits/paranormal?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (31 posts)
  1. thelyricwriter profile image83
    thelyricwriterposted 12 years ago

I have seen the wide vast range of paranormal reality shows coming out and catching quite the evidence. With all this technology now, is it showing that spirits and ghost do exist?

1. manthy profile image61
      manthyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is quite silly to me - but that is just my personal opinion.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What evidence.

All I see if people running around with video camera catching pictures of themselves running around with video cameras and blathering about drafty abandoned buildings having cold spots.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, it's showing that ghosts and spirits get good ratings, which shows how many gullible people there are in the world.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It helps to explain why we have religion in 2011. smile

1. Aficionada profile image80
          Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awww, rats, ... and here I was thinking maybe you would attribute that to the Gospel songs.  lol  lol  lol  lol

4. profile image0
      Hubertsvoiceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ghost hunting shows exist because they make good money for their advertisers, the same as reality shows. There is one more connection between ghost hunting shows and reality shows; very few people believe them, but with the hype that writers add to them to make them interesting also makes advertisers flock to them.
      I have never seen a reality show or ghost hunting show that I can relate to.
      I have, however, witnessed ghosts, apparitions or whatever words you want to use that I can relate to. None of these encounters have been violent, and I am thankful for that. There have been people report violent encounters which I cannot disbelieve nor discredit. People have experiences in their lives that, to others, seem unreal. To people who have had the experience, it is very real, whether others choose to believe or not. We cannot judge or evaluate experiences that we have not had, and not all people will have these experiences. We know actually nothing of life after death unless we have eperienced it. Trust me, that is an experience we will all have.

5. TJenkins602 profile image61
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well it's been a long time since I've seen ah-paranormal spirits. tongue

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Maybe if you don't believe it - it doesn't exist.
    Maybe if you do believe it - it does exist.

3. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

Things can only be objectively true, with empirical evidence to back them up.  Simply believing something to be true, doesn't make it so.  Whilst I enjoy those ghost hunting shows, I recognise them to be entertainment only.  They usually involve people sitting around a table, with their hands touching, saying something along the lines of "If there is anyone there, please give us a sign."  No sign is ever forthcoming.  No spirits are ever seen, or heard.  All we have are TV presenters saying that they felt cold spots, or saying, "Did you feel that?"  It is always very silly, but enjoyable nonetheless.  But if people are watching these shows in the hope of finding evidence for an afterlife, they will be disappointed.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's just designed for entertainment and ratings though. Although few and far between, I have been in the company of,  I guess you'd call them a spiritualist, on a couple of occasions, that not only told me about my past, but gave me a very accurate description of my future. And no, it was not a vague account. The rational side of myself has always had a problem with this, looking for the loop holes or  'the con'. But, to this day, I cannot work out how their depiction of my future was so frighteningly accurate.

1. profile image0
        RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I too have had some extraordinary "psychic" experiences, which I still cannot explain.  However, they did not involve mediums, but were things that happened to myself.  I tend not to repeat them in detail, because I know that if someone were to tell me that the same experience had happened to them, I simply would not believe them.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too, unexplainable and never discussed. I have to say though, they have had some bearing in terms of my, how do I put this without sounding really corny, not search for God, but the meaning of life.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I don't watch them. It's for entertainment only. If anyone had proof positive, it wouldn't be on those shows. It would splashed across the news and on the front page of 50 magazines

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

My wife watches those shows, and I always get a giggle out of them.  When one or two girls (it's always the female members of the "investigators") are huddled in a dark corner and frightened half to death from being alone I always wonder "what about the lighting and camera crew"?  What about the guy watching the monitor a room away?  Where's the director?  WHERE'S THE GUY SAYING "TAKE ONE!" and snapping the board?

1. profile image0

Watching one such popular show, where the medium had gone into trance and was supposed to be taken over by his spirit guide.  He was being very dramatic, with all the other presenters listening with eager attention.  Someone then said "Cut!"  The medium then amazingly was immediately out of his trance and he and the presenters then burst out laughing and were making fun of the medium's performance.  They obviously didn't realise the cameras were still filming, and this is now popular viewing on Youtube.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. profile image0
          1. profile image0
            EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol love it lol

Just as good is the Harry Hill's TV Burp clip that appears in the "related videos" section. Watch the same "psychic" trying loads of names on a bemused family without success, until one of them eventually goes "Paul. Yeah, I used to go to school with a guy named Paul."

6. arksys profile image83
    arksysposted 12 years ago

the shows are definitely not real ... I think i watched 1 show and it looked totally fake to me ... even though i do believe in the unseen.

7. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 12 years ago

The word 'spirit' is a synonym for 'breath', 'wind' or 'moving air'. It has the same original meaning in most other languages as well, such as Greek and Hebrew.

So whenever you read the word "spirit" in the Bible, just remember that what it's talking about is actually just air and nothing else.

As for these 'paranormal' shows, they are complete garbage.

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So I guess you're saying we don't really need air at all? 

That reminds me of a study I heard about once from a physicist I knew.  He said some researchers had concluded that air is actually harmful to life.  They had learned that if you put a living creature in a vacuum and then introduce air in varying increments, then even the minutest amounts of air would cause the experimental subject to die!

I know some won't catch on right away, but there should be an Aha Moment for most people at some point.

8. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I think they're all a bunch of crap.

1. profile image0

Yes, but spooky crap!

1. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I live with "spooky crap" every day, in fact, I grew up with "spooky crap" insofar as my mother spent her whole life talking to spirits.  Of course, from my perspective she was most probably mentally ill, but now my youngest daughter also speaks to spirits, and finds things that are lost, and seems to know when something especially bad is going to happen to a family member.  She's been in therapy and put on medications, but none of that has put a stop to her  particular gifts.  Both my girls tell me we live in a house that is occupied by a friendly female spirit that talks to them and watches over and protects us and they have been aware of her almost since the day we moved into the place.  So, if there is such a thing as a "haunted house" then according to my daughters, we live in one and we seem to have just the opposite experiences from what is shown on these ghost hunter type shows.  In fact, everyone that comes into the house always comments on the peaceful atmosphere and the sense of comfort and wellbeing they have while there.

1. arksys profile image83
          arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have a peaceful Jinn in your house. It protects from the evils you cannot see. your house is blessed in a way.
          thats how i see it.

9. spotlight19 profile image44
    spotlight19posted 12 years ago

Well I have seen those type of shows before but I cant really say ghosts and stuff like that really exist since I have not experienced it myself before but if i did i would have to say that it is true but other than that I dont.

1. Acheolis profile image62
      Acheolisposted 12 years ago

I'm a firm believer in paranormal events!I see orbs every now and then and my dogs are my proof.

1. Shahe Asekeen profile image64
        Shahe Asekeenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i saw that sort of things when i was 9. But now i think those were my dreams because i felt so lonely then and may be that matter turned my dreams on....

2. Amber Mandala profile image60
      Amber Mandalaposted 12 years ago

I enjoy some of the paranormal shows. But, I don't think that the technology that is used for the shows are a proof positive for paranormal activity. Nothing aside from personal experience is.
      I've experienced many paranormal/ supernatural things in my life. Yet, it is impossible and fruitless to convince anyone of my experiences.

3. joseph merlin profile image41
      joseph merlinposted 12 years ago

Yes I believe on this that ghost exists but they are not making trouble for everyone. One who they likes they grab inside the body and then they remain there. This is I have seen personally and when they show their signs it clearly change the voice of the person and you will have no doubt that there is someone under the body of the person.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)