jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

What is your Tradition?

1. kittythedreamer profile image96
    kittythedreamerposted 5 years ago

At this point in my spiritual path, I don't relate to one particular Wiccan Tradition but consider myself eclectic solitary, as many others do. I incorporate a bit of Irish, Native American, and even Egyptian Traditions into one that I call my own. How about you?

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In as much as all traditions and religions are man-made, your philosophy of selecting those premises that reflect your own beliefs is perfect. I do the same and wouldn't change a thing.

2. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73
      Cresentmoon2007posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You know that I have a unique path. However I do choose to use more than the Christian God. I also like to incorporate the Greek Gods/goddesses and even Egyptian. Native American I would love to get involved in, however I would like to learn more about it before I do.

kittythedreamerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your path is unique but beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I would recommend doing some reading on Native American Shamanism or spirituality.

1. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73

I actually have plans on doing so. Do you know any good books that would be great for learning about it?

3. Daniella Lopez profile image90
      Daniella Lopezposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I consider my path to be a combination of Native American Spirituality and Celtic Paganism, with a little bitty tiny bit of Wicca. It's kind of an odd mix, but all three of these resignate me, so I try to in-cooperate aspects of it that flow well with me and my life.

Great mixture! Love it! Very close to mine, though I do consider myself Wiccan. smile

2. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73

That's actually a good mixture, at least I think so. This is one thing I enjoy learning from paganism, which path people are on because they are all quite different and unique.

2. pinktulipfairie profile image79
    pinktulipfairieposted 5 years ago

Kitty can you email me same handle trying to figure out how to give you the rest

3. Evylyn Rose profile image85
    Evylyn Roseposted 5 years ago

I am much the same way in that I generally do not relate to any specific traditions of Wicca. Each traditions always seems to a have at least a little something that does not fit me. At one point I had considered creating my own as others in our shoes have done, but I figure we have more than enough traditions out there, many of which are only known to a few. These days I tend to refer to myself simply as a witch with very heavy Wiccan influence if only to stay out of the fundamentalism sweeping through.

Understood. Thanks, Evelyn.

working