jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is God?

1. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 5 years ago

For those who believe in a god, do you have an image in your mind of what God is?  Does He have physical form, or is He entirely spirit?  And do you believe God exists inside or outside of the physical universe?  And does He have the ability to make Himself known in the physical world?

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image65
      tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago in reply to this

GOD is. HE exits outside of space and time. HE created space and time. therefore HE encompasses all of space and all of time. HE created the physical and the spiritual. who is going to tell HIM HE cannot interact with HIS creation?

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

The usual definition I believe is God is All.

3. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 5 years ago

I don't know anything about God. I wish he would make himself known, if he exists, so everyone would just SHUT UP.

And stop fighting about it.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
      Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If people make claims that they cannot back up and insist that they are right and everyone should listen to them, no matter what the claim, it's gonna cause arguments.

1. Rachel Richmond profile image61
        Rachel Richmondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's very true.

4. Rachel Richmond profile image61
    Rachel Richmondposted 5 years ago

I don't have an image of what God looks like, but I know there is one within all things.  I came across the phrase, "the Light of the One True God". Apparently, with how things are here - light bends - distortion of light makes distortion of truth. I can see that it's a way to teach, and allow for one to believe or not.

5. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

"And does He have the ability to make Himself known in the physical world?" If God is All, one is living in God, and therefore God is known. Trouble is, nature does not make a profit, so God must be an abstraction of which to fight about forever.

working