Aliens and Dec. 21, 2012

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Viral Quickies profile image55
    Viral Quickiesposted 12 years ago

Do you think Dec. 21st, 2012 is the date when aliens will make first "modern" contact?

1. profile image48
      Jesus was a hippoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol no but I do like to goad end of timers about the plans to run the hadron collider at full power for the first time in december 2012....

2. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am hoping 12/12/2012 will be a great awakening. Atime when we steer away from doom and gloom, and find that we never needed religion to be at peace. How many great disappointments must we endure before we move on?

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope.  I don't believe in the little green men theory, sorry.

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They aren't green.
        They are grey, don't you know? lol

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Only one way to find out.  smile

3. AshtonFirefly profile image70
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

Aliens are coming? hmm

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't hold your breath! lol

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
        AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

4. brittanytodd profile image87
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

No, I dont think that.  Where did you hear that aliens would visit on 12/21/12?

Viral Quickiesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

History channel wink

1. mischeviousme profile image61

Those ancient aliens bozos are nuts...

2. brittanytodd profile image87
        brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's just silly.  I have a hub on why the world is not going to end in 2012.  The sources of the 2012 prediction stem back to a woman who I personally think is crazy.

3. SimeyC profile image87
        SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always wonder how the History channel does shows about aliens and the future - surely that's not History!?

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Personally, I think that that ancient Mayan, chipping out his calendar on the stone tablet, broke his chisel and quit in anger and disgust.

No aliens.

1. mischeviousme profile image61

While the mathematics were all kosher, I don't think aliens had anything to do with it, nor do I think that they will be the result. What begins, ends and there is no time or place, nor is there a plan. It is just a reallity and we either face it realistically or not at all. The truth is, if it were to end all of a sudden. Would we even notice it?

2. Viral Quickies profile image55

Or he died that day and he was the only calendar maker.

1. brittanytodd profile image87
        brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's not true.  The Mayan calendar doesn't "end".  Just because the calendar on your wall ends on Dec 31 each year doesn't mean Jan 1st won't come.

6. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Having just spend 9 hours in the car with my son listening to a book on tape about (among other interesting topics) the significance of December 21, 2012, I would have to say that the world is NOT going to end on that date. We will be entering a new cycle of being. The Mayans did NOT predict the world will stop then. The doomsayers are just misinterpreting (willfully?)

Will aliens make contact on that date?
    I thought they already had?
    ET, phone home! lol

That's right. I think it's like the 6th cycle in 2012 which brings in a new era. Out with the old, in with the new. Most people attribute it to the end of the world because disasters and population loss have supposedly occurred.

The planets are all supposed to be in alignment then so I guess that's cool.

Yes, E.T. came in the early 80's but left, hoping to return when the style of clothing wasn't so corny.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it's much more likely there are Aliens than there is Yahweh, Also think aliens have not landed yet and not likely will in our lifetime,

Just an option from studies,

Some theorize that aliens/angels work for Yahweh. I guess on day we will know...or not.

I that case I'll  be reuniting with most of my friends and family in hell. The work load for Satan will be so great, he will be forced to turn  hell  into a hot night club.

7. Cassie Smith profile image61
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

Aren't they already here, but in disguise?

1. Reality Bytes profile image72
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is what I thought, reptilian shape shifters?  Youtube says so?

I knew it,! God is a frog

1. Reality Bytes profile image72
          Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Being a reptilian is something that must be activated through drinking blood and ritual among those who possess the serpent dna. Not all those who possess this dna are reptilian. Reptilians in human form are also called shapeshifters and can go between looking human one second, and a lizard-like reptilian the next. For more information on blood and rituals

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/exposing_reptilians.htm

i thought this was all common knowledge.  lol

What other types are there?

"Santorum, Rick (R - PA) Alien/other type"

2. Viral Quickies profile image55

Yep. They're called politicians.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
        AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

beurocrocks

8. Kyle Payne profile image61
    Kyle Payneposted 12 years ago

The ancient Mayan calendar ends on the date only because the Mayans got tired of calculating any further.

9. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

That jesus and these aliens, nobody is coming to save us. Earth ain't dying, only human made calendars.

10. Matt Van Der Lee profile image57
    Matt Van Der Leeposted 11 years ago

Actually it is possible for alien contact because ancient Mayan inscriptions were found that depict a man coming down from the stars and giving them information, he said that one day he would return. Also archaeologist's recently found a second artifact in the form of a tablet, which contained the same date chilled onto it. December 21st, 2012. So maybe the world isn't going to end, but something big is going to happen on this day. I think that our ancestors could be returning. When you think about evolution, how did we evolve from Apes, if someone didn't put us here. It is impossible to evolve from nothing and that something has to be placed our created from or by something else, Usually of higher significance.

11. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Gee, I don't know if aliens will make contact then or not.  But they've been trying to contact me through  my water heater for years.............

1. Matt Van Der Lee profile image57
      Matt Van Der Leeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just because you don't believe in things that are too complex for you, doesn't mean that you have to mock them.

Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I prefer to simplified them, making fun can adds perspective too.

12. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 11 years ago

Am I the only one disturbed by a username with "viral" and "quickie" in the moniker?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)