do humans deserve to exist as a species?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (38 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

I have my doubts

2. Midasfx profile image65
    Midasfxposted 12 years ago

NO.

Here is a little excerpt from the good book if you don't mind.

5 The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that's right baby

1. profile image50
        zainab783posted 12 years agoin reply to this

you describe very well buddy

2. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Midasfx, but do you know what Genesis 6 means? I think you're missing the big picture.

Think about "wickedness" as a reason for the Flood. Hasn't humanity been wicked since then? Genesis 6 also says that violence and corruption of flesh were reasons for the Flood. How many did WWII kill? Something like 70,000,000! During that war, 70 million was half the population of the United States! That's a lot of violence, and yet not enough to warrant a repeat of the Flood.

Implication?

Garden variety wickedness and violence were not the reason for the Flood! So, what was the crime which prompted the Flood?

The Flood targeted a very specific group for a very specific reason. It was a reason very important to God. It was a wickedness from God's viewpoint--not from man's viewpoint.

And God was satisfied that the Flood had done its job, otherwise He would not have promised never again to use the Flood.

So, ask yourself. What is it that man has not been able to do since the Flood? Of course, you would need to know when the Flood happened. But that date is encoded in Genesis... and I discovered how to decode it.

3. profile image0
    markbennisposted 12 years ago

I disagree and it is but my own opinion that I can speak from, all life deserves to live and exist, for only all life can exist because the creator has allowed it so, nothing can live outside the creator of this universe and so it would be a rational assumption that all life is loved unconditionally by the creator.

We humans are but a young species and I would not say that we are all but evil and in the eyes of God because that really does not resonate to the loving truths in my heart.  Sure, we live in a very condensed reality on Earth and every situation possible is or has been played out, Good & Bad.

But I tend to look outside of the box too and not try to be caught up in the dramas of judgment and ridicule as much as my ego will allow at times.  We are very special souls that are here at a very important time, we have been walking that long road of separation for a very long time, and it won’t always be so.

If I try to judge using my mind and what I see and hear then I am but fooling myself, but if I see with my heart, I know all these things must come to pass, for there is on the horizon a grand and beautiful time for us and we will have that day.

We think clearly in hearts and hope is always with us, much power in seeing with the unconditional love of our hearts, our lives may be short but the living will always play in the universe, life is loved and will continue, it is because the creator loves all life unconditionally.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Does anything 'deserve' to exist? A blanket condemnation of the entire human race sounds grossly judgmental. I'd hate to have you picked to sit on the jury if I was accused of a crime.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Q of the Q-Continuim thought we should all be wiped out. If it wasn't for Capt Jean Luc Piccard's performance in that celestial courtroom, it would have been curtains for humanity.

5. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

I certainly hope you believers never get access to nuclear weapons.

6. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Does humanity "deserve" to exist?  The question can only make sense from an evolutionary standpoint; can humanity survive?

Man has taken up residence in more eco-niches than any other species.  We live in more climates, locations and under more environment conditions that any other (large) creature.  Man has learned to control or eradicate nearly every other creature on the planet - they are the master of the animal kingdom.

So, yes, mankind deserves to exist by the only yardstick that truly counts; they can.  At least until we nuke ourselves out of existence.

1. Swetankraj profile image60
      Swetankrajposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree you. we humans survived through extreme conditions and now we are here in a race where surviving is the most important thing.

7. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

I can't believe this thread wasn't more popular.

8. pinappu profile image82
    pinappuposted 12 years ago

We shall be here for many,many centuries. We shall spread outside the earth in the far future.

spread, like a plague?

2. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm now inspired in creating, a new religion call optimism

It's where millions earthling species on this planet gather a council and try to reduce human population to 5 billion people, in order that we all can live longer lives

That's not very nice

1. Castlepaloma profile image77

We are not kind enough to ourselves and the million other species now.

Being very nice to just one species and not all the others is not kind or healthy.

2. janesix profile image60

why not reduce it to zero? why leave five billion?

Too Religious

9. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

I deserve to live and have all I desire.

And so do you.

Are you talking about human Justice, for it dose not work that perfect with nature

10. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

DESERVE? = Do something, or have, or show qualities worthy of reward or punishment.

So yes. They deserve it, whether being rewarded or punished.

11. ppc-ppcmanagement profile image60
    ppc-ppcmanagementposted 12 years ago

I deserve it but we know that humans mentality always changing day by day.

12. Midasfx profile image65
    Midasfxposted 12 years ago

Sorry for the long answer. ^_^
    We deserve the right to procreate as often with who ever we want, right? That's why we have 50 different STD's, over population, starving children and our extremely young children are having sex in school.
    We deserve to eat anything we want, so that means we can round up cows by the bulldozer full and then drop them into giant meat grinders.... yep.

I don't deserve to be able gamble MY OWN MONEY with online poker because the gov't took that away from me. Maybe I wanted to hedge my position in MY investments or use 100:1 leverage, but the gov't changed that too. Guess I really didn't deserve those freedoms.
    We deserve to have soda cheaper then water, and $1 burgers that are crammed with "fillers" and since we deserved it so much we exploited the hell out of it, and now we are all obese people with diabetes.
    We deserve a nice pack of camel smokes too, meaning we also deserve to get 1st, 2nd and 3rd hand smoke resulting in cancer. But we don't deserve to smoke on some beaches.

Did we deserve to secretly eat gluten because companies wanted more profit so they used it as filler? Now lots of people get sick when they eat it?
    Did we deserve to smoke some cigarettes and get mesothelioma because the brand Carltons  put asbestos in their smokes for flavor ?
    Do we deserve to walk in a forest? The same forest we will be ripping apart soon, just to build a mini-plex, killing forest life in the process?
    Do we to enjoy our environment even thought we insist on driving around in a stupid giant SUV that guzzles gas which pollutes our ozone that ends up heating up our planet like a greenhouse and kills TONS of innocent animals?

I can honestly say that its not a Dog or Cats fault that the earth is being destroyed. It's not the eagle or the dolphins fault either. Can't blame any animal for the destruction of earth except
    humans. Humans do not deserve to exist. A nice apocalypse should straighten everything out! hahaha

* I am not religious at all, but remembered that passage.

13. Voronwe profile image61
    Voronweposted 12 years ago

Humans are self-destructive by nature.
    When we are not constantly churning out ideas, opinions, reforms, changes (whether they are harmful or not), we are constantly mulling over those self-same products...analyzing mankind, dissecting, classifying, deriving man's relationship with everything around them, defining what's wrong or right, building justifications and codes etc.
    We are not just trying to understand ourselves or build a better future but also that we know we are the greatest problem we face.
    Whether humans deserve to exist as species...this can partly be measured by how we treat Nature and other species, since they too share our planet.

Yes, survival is way too essential but even coexistence is.

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Voronwe, I disagree that humans are self-destructive by nature. That's a generality that has far too many exceptions. Thank goodness!

Certainly some people are self-destructive. Far many more are selfish to the point of destroying others and the environment. Perhaps that's what you meant. I can agree with that.

In fact, ego (the heart of selfishness) is the source of all evil. Think about any one thing which is evil and ego is behind it.

We need to get rid of ego. And that is exactly what the Nazarene teacher was all about. That was the "self" which has to die before we can gain everlasting life.

The bodies we have don't matter, except as a tool toward our reawakening as immortal spiritual beings -- the children of God created in His image.

Sharing the planet in peace. Doing the right thing, not the selfish thing. Loving one another. All of these would be good things. We each need to do more of them.

lone77star

Is the ultimate answer to our entire world problems is to make 100 billion more Christians and convert everyone on earth to One World Order?

Or would that be just be adding too much  oil and gas into the uncontrollable Fire?

2. Midasfx profile image65
        Midasfxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ego isn't the root cause, its desire. In the Teachings of  Buddha he explains the four fold truth.

1 life on earth is full of suffering.
        2 suffering is generated by desire.
        3 the extinction of desire involves the extinction of suffering.
        4 the extinction of desire (in and of suffering ) leads to a righteous life.

Every ancient human civilization I can think of was destructive or destroyed. What makes you think we are any different. We are all humans after all...

We are generally a lot more developed than the ancient times hardship and lower consciousness.

I have faith that mankind will corrects their abused for each major error. The American Man has reduce their members of their Family to 1/3 since the 1950s and China has the One Child law per Family

We will come out better again with a new way of thinking again and again

1. Midasfx profile image65
            Midasfxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think families back in the 40's and 50'sof because of the wars and also there was value of having more children. The kids could work on the farms.

These baby boomer will have a new set of problem when they go collect their pensions. A whole 100 million of them in North America

14. phillippeengel profile image81
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

Humans do not deserve to exist since there are wars, financial problems, dissent, and many other matters that does not concern about goodwill, peace and harmony.

15. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

@JaneSix, yes humans deserve to exist as long as they serve a purpose toward God's goal of rescuing His lost children.

After that, Homo sapiens can do what it will, including go up in a whiff of smoke.

God created these Homo sapiens bodies for a reason -- whether that creation was through standard evolution or whole-cloth from nothing.

The purpose is to reawaken the immortal spirit dead asleep within each of us. For some, there is not even a stirring; they think they are their Homo sapiens vessel.

For some, the spirit has stirred and has started to awaken. The biggest barrier is ego -- the source of all evil.

Why the biggest barrier? Because ego has tricked all of us into thinking that we are it. But ego is not the true self. It is the false self of which Jesus spoke when he said that those who try to save their lives will surely lose them. Those who lose their lives for righteousness sake (i.e. become humble, the antidote to ego) will gain everlasting life.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, if we don't evangelize your religion, we don't deserve to exist. How utterly sickening.

puke puke, more bs stories, repent puke, puke,

1. profile image0
          brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the short version.
          There is purpose with God
          God gives purpose

but you have to be there to know that.

I know my ethics, who need double morals you can't follow anyways

16. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

We have the ability to actually save nature and we our the only specie that can. To do this requires a huge change in our purpose for life. If you study all the laws of science the World is always moving towards extinction and at rare times it experience a rebirth. I believe that proliferation is a better idea then conservation especially for species that are endangered. Only people could move a desert tortoise trapped in a valley and reintroduce it else where. Only we could inbreed it and out breed it to be suitable for its survival else where. Even if man kind did not exist life would perish and has done it many times. We have not reached our purpose for sustainability or found a way to be good stewards of our World and live within our means. There are way to many reasons why, but we have as much potential to make are World better but simply choose not to instead.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)