The Ministry of The Holy Spirit. Who is He?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 15 years ago

The ministry of the Holy Spirit is 100% active in the body of Christ especially in the lives of believers. Who is He? He is a Spirit, He is the third Person of God head. How does He operate and His mission? How real? How do you relate and talk with Him? Acts 1:8 "But ye shall recieve Power(Dunamis; the ability to cause changes) after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witness unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and unto the utermost part of earth" This is beyond self, theology, religion and science.

2. Gods Child profile image70
    Gods Childposted 15 years ago

The Holy Spirit is our teacher, and comforter.  He is there to teach us God's Word and bring to our remembrance things that are needed at that moment.  He comforts us in times of sorrow and grief.  He leads us in the way we should go.  He gives us God's power when we need it. He is God living in us.  He is God active on the earth and through us.  Is that right?   I can talk to Him just as I would a friend because He is God.  I speak directly and honestly.  He eases my pain and rejoices with me.

3. maestrowhit profile image59
    maestrowhitposted 15 years ago

All things are spiritual. There are hoards and hoards of evil spirits - a never ending supply of them. And then there is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one good spirit. He is the same for everyone, whereas evil spirits are different for each person. The Holy Spirit unites us as one in God's love, peace, and joy. The forces of Satan divide us, kill us, confuse us, blind us. There is no middle ground. We are either slaves to sin (evil spirits) or we are slaves to righteousness (the Holy Spirit).

Jesus says the Kingdom of God is like a mustard seed that one plants in the ground. It is the smallest of all the seeds yet grows into the largest tree of all.

When the Holy Spirit enters us, it is just like this. It starts out as a tiny seed that is so small it is virtually undetectable. Then slowly it grows bigger and bigger until all the moments of our lives are in harmony with Him. We become slaves to Him 100%. And the flesh dies and ceases to have a say in what we do or think. We become the pure instruments of God.

4. lionswhelp profile image69
    lionswhelpposted 15 years ago

Hello Hubbers.

The Holy Spirit a "he" are you kidding? Was the Holy Spirit given a sex change in the New Testament? In the Old Testament the word 'ruach' for wind is a feminine word and first mentioned as part of the Elohim Godhead in Genesis 1:2 as a mother bird (eagle, Dueteronomy 32:11) caring for her nest. According to Jesus Christ there was no sex change ever. Jesus spoke in Hebrew Aramaic in the New Testament not Greek or English. He spoke to Nicodemus another Jew who spoke the same language. Jesus words for the Holy Spirit would have been Ruach HaKodesh - Momma. This is the one who borns us into God's Kingdom. The Church or her Daughter is her spiritual womb for New Christians or Israelites.

The Lionswhelp

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

God Energy is androgynous, a balance of both male and female, the Tai Chi, the One. The Energy of God (Spirit)is masculine at the Source and feminine as it becomes mater. The Christ consciousness concept is masculine, the Holy Spirit consciousness concept is feminine.

We are all both as well, the mind is masculine the soul is feminine; yet physically more so of the particular gender we were born with.

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
        SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My belief at this point in time, because I still like learning and understanding, is that the Holy Spirit Energy is of the Father aspect of God (masculine) but as it comes into us as human beings it is feminine.

5. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

This is an interesting topic Andrew.  I like how Gods Child says He is our teacher and comforter.  Especially our comforter, that's a nice thought.  It's said that we either live in the Spirit or we live in the flesh.  Maestrowhit touched on this.

Lionswhelp I noticed that you also referred to the Holy Spirit as Momma (Ruach HaKodesh) in another post.  That's a new concept to me.  Maybe you could elaborate?

Also to me Dueteronomy 32:11 looks like a metaphor showing how God has led His people like an eagle does it's young.

6. Andrew0208 profile image57

The Holy Ghost is real and evident in our lives(Believers). Do you know that not every Christian has recieved the Person of the Holy Spirit. Why? The Holy Spirit does not force Himself unto people but to seekers and worshipers of God, in Truth and  in Spirit. Freely given by the Father and dwells in them that ask. Does He talk? How? He is a perfect teacher. More lights being made available. He's at work right now! In His presence there's fullness of joy and Power(Dunamis) is made available. Glory! BRB.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

What about our spiritual guides and our Angels that are assigned to us at birth?  Do they not help us anymore?

Andrew0208posted 15 years agoin reply to this

They ministering spirits(angels) are ever there to excute your commands and decrees as a king and priest unto God, so it matters what you say with your mouth. Life and death is in the power of the tongue. (Proverbs 18:21). The Holy Ghost comes to live in you when recieved, ministering direct to your spirit. Talk to Him consciously, for He will surely respond to your heart, guiding you to all truths. My surest way of activating God's Spirit in me is by praying in the Holy Ghost(speaking in tongues) it is the language of the Spirit that also quickens my spirit to recieve of Him great insights and revelations. You're blessed as these lights dawn in your spirit right now.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image68
        Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There is a site that you ought to see here and it explains alot of this stuff:
        http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~acc … heSoul.htm

That link is pretty good, explaining greatly on the science of the mind in relationship with his supposed Maker. The ministry of the Holy Spirit piloted by the third Person of God Head is beyond the science of self and the mind. It's also not a feeling nor emotion. It's a present day reality. Promised by Jesus Christ after His resurrection. The Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father. He is a Spirit, also personal and calm in His affairs. He's the beauty and power of God in the life of a believer. The life of a believer is with less authority and power without the indewelling of the Holy Ghost and His ministry. This was the reason why Peter who denied being a follower of Jesus at their times of persecution towards the death of Jesus later spoke with such boldness and power, demonstrating the nature, character and power of God's Spirit after his infilling of the Holy Ghost with "Power" at the penticost. This movement of God's glory and power on the earth is extended to us thisday and unto eternity. This is beyond self, religion and science respectively. Have you recieved Him? What are your experiences with Him?

8. maestrowhit profile image59
    maestrowhitposted 15 years ago

It seems way more inportant to me what the Spirit does in our lives than how to define the Spirit, or what gender to assign It/He/She, or how to paint a picture of what It is by looking at things that have been written about It.

The Holy Spirit gives me understanding. It gives me direction. It makes the world make sense to me. It clears up confusion. It shines light into my soul. It heals my body and mind. It embraces me in comfort and peace. And more important than anything - It/He/She gives my life MEANING.

I've use the pronoun It in this post, but I'd much rather call the Spirit "He." It is so impersonal, and the Holy Spirit is the most personal thing I've ever experienced. I Identify with "He" so that's what I call Him. If there were a way to refer to the Holy Spirit whithout assigning gender, but still properly represent It, I would go with that instead of saying He/She/It.

There is no need to describe the Holy Spirit or to listen to descriptions about It in an attempt to understand It - unless The Spirit is lacking in your life. If you know Him - It - She - as well as you are meant to, you see that what you call It is totally inconsequential.

9. lionswhelp profile image69

Wel, Mike,

If you will check out my Hub , "Whats Wrong With the Churches Today", I have been going through several key points of why there is so much confusion in the churches today. This is a main point of the problem, most do not listen to Christ Jesus to well. Also check my link - Holy Spirit Mother....because God is family.

Lionswhelp

Hi Lionswhelp, what are your experiences with Him?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image68
        Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Andrew, What kind of "experiences" are you looking for that will quench your inner thirst?
        We all have experiences with our Higher Beings and our True selves.

Lionswhelp, Here I thought you were someothing different and come to see we are alike in our searches.  I guess I did the right thing by reading more about you through your responses and not reacting right away.

"Iron sharpens iron." we're edified with Spirit filled testimonies. Christ in us is the hope of glory! Hallelujah!

10. lionswhelp profile image69

Andrew ,

My on going relationship with 'Her' is just great. This is that one key that Jesus Christ described to us in John 3:3-8 it is Ruach Hakodesh- Momma. The word 'ruach' in Hebrew is a feminine word that means wind. Everything has been made by this 'Wind'. The first level like humans, animals, the earth and physical universe are made by this 'Wind'. Also the second level spirits like angels , cherabim, seraphim, arch angels etc are made by this 'Wind'... On the third or God level are God Beings but they are not created but have always existed. One of them Ruach HaKodesh is the feminine member of the Godhead Family. The other two are also Spirits or 'Wind' just like Ruach. One is Yahovah know as God the Father and the other is Yahshua or Jesus the Christ the Son these are males in the Family of God. Have they always been male and female? Not necessarily. But whenever they decided to form a Family they took up their positions in the Family. Family was formed to create a relationship with humans who can be added to the God Family. Our human families were made to reflect the Elohim Family.

All three members of the Family are needed in their relative positions in the Family. The Father is the one that calls human to this Family or is the the one who begats us. God's first born Son was Jesus the Christ or Yahshua who became the Father's Royal sperm or 'seed'. The Father gave this Royal "Seed" to the Holy Spirit who placed this 'Seed' in Mary' the young Jewish girl from the tribe of Judah. Mary became the human vessel to link humans with God the Father. Jesus was conceived by Ruach Hakodesh in Mary's womb as the first human - God person. Most of this can be found in Bible Dictionaries or Lexigons and cross referencing Bible verses. If you need more help try the Moody Bible Institute, which gives a better account of Ruach then  Bible Dictionaries..

Ruach did not undergo a sex change in the New Testament. She was known as the first mother person in Genesis 1:2. Jesus spoke to Nicodemus in the Aramaic Hebrew not Greek, John 3:3-8.  The are many other verses in the Old Testament that make it plain that Ruach is the Feminine Person of the Elohim Godhead. It takes a lot of searching to put the Holy Spirit's personal qualities together but you can find them if your try. Try Proverbs chapters 1-9 and see how many times wisdom is called a "she". Try Isaiah 11:2 ,This Female Spirit , Ruach, was present in full on God the Father's first born Son. She is the Mother of us all Galatians 4:26. God, Ruach, Acts 5;4, is known by many metaphors and similies but usually they point to her feminine characteristics. See Isaiah 66:7-13 and you can get a clearer picture of this borning process needed by humans to become the sons and daughters of God the Father and Ruach, 2 Corinthians 6:17-18; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 6:18-20. On and on the scriptures declare God's glory!

Don't worry I'm no genius but thanks to Jesus sacrifice for me I have been tutored by the Holy Spirit for the last 49 years, maybe longer then that, 1 Corinthians 1:18--31 & 2:9-15. There are others that understand these same truths, I'm not alone. A good book to read on this matter is "Holy Spirit Mother...because God is Family," by  Dr. Walesia Robinson Cates. If you are really interested check out her website @ www.catesco.org and see what she has to say about Ruach the 'Wind'!

Scholars try to use the Greek language to give a different twist to what Jesus Said in, John chapters 14,15,16. they use the nueter "it' or male "he". Be careful of Greeks bearing strange gifts or ideas about the Holy Spirit.

Lionswhelp

That was very profound. The Holy Spirit is the answer to mankind. He's my best friend and teacher.

2. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah this is kind of interesting.  But Lionswhelp when I go to the catesco web site from the link above or from your Hub it takes me to a web site that looks like a small search engine.  It looks like that domain is for sale.

So I did a Google search for Dr. Walesia Robinson Cates.  I didn't find much other than a link to an Amazon page selling her book titled 'Holy Spirit Mother: Because God Is Family'.  Her book has some good reviews.

Editorial Reviews

Customer Reviews

Definitely a nice customer review.

I did a Google search for Ruach Hakodesh and found this web site on The Holy Spirit:The Feminine Aspect Of the Godhead.  I find this very interesting although I think it's a little early to say that the Holy Spirit is the Mother of Jesus just because the web site says this "Most significant are the new manuscript discoveries of recent decades which have demonstrated that more early Christians than previously thought regarded the Holy Spirit as the Mother of Jesus."  I say this because we see in the Bible that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son.  He is referred to as the Spirit of the Father in Matthew 10:20, 1 Corinthians 2:11 and John 15:26.  But the Spirit of the Son in Galatians 4:6, the Spirit of Jesus in Philippians 1:19 (and Acts 16:7 in the Catholic Bible) and Jesus sends the Holy Spirit in John 15:26.

This is a very interesting web site on The Nature and Person of Ruach haKodesh as well.  It sites the "sixteenth chapter of John alone refers to the Holy Spirit as Him (7 times), He (8 times), He, himself (13 times) and He (15 times)."  I didn't count them myself but "He (8 times)" "and He (15 times)" seem to contradict each other. smile   

Interesting topic indeed.

Mike

11. Andrew0208 profile image57

The Holy and You. So important to relate with Him in all things. Are you depressed? Put that disturbing picture behind and thank God for your lovely and precious life. Be conscious of Him as He is your ever present helper. Remember that you're a king and a priest unto God. Begin to appreciate His love at work in you. Before long, He will minister peace and solution to your heart, guiding you into all truth.
    There're seven things He will do in you and Seven things He will do for you. Go ahead and Share your walk with Him.

12. lionswhelp profile image69

Hi Mike,

I was talking to Walesia on her web page a while ago. I sent her an e-mail to see what happened to her web page but haven't had a answer yet. I put some new links on my hub. You can find her book on Amazon.com. That's where I got ours.

I went and did a web search on "Holy Spirit Mother" and found a number of sites that will be of interest to you. See: www.holyspirit-shekinah.com , www.spiritbride.com and www.zinzendorf.com, plus there are several more. A good verse to read is Revelation 12:1-6 > This is a picture of the Holy Spirit who is pictured here as the Church and Mary. Awesome!

Lionswhelp

13. Make  Money profile image66

I can see the Church and Mary in Revelation 12:1-6 but the Holy Spirit being feminine is kind of foreign to me.

The Holy Spirit is a vital personality present in the body of Christ today. His is ignored or not known to many Christians. As Jesus said in John 14:12-13 and His  encounter with the apostles at the day of penticost in Acts 1:8 shows us His present day realities. He is the third person of the God Head. One of His first signs is you will speak in the Holy Ghost(In Tongues).

The Holy Ghost was the reason Peter who denied being a follower of Jesus 3 times due to fear later spoke with such boldness and Power after receiving Him in Acts 1:8.

14. Make  Money profile image66

Yeah Andrew He is the 3rd Person in the Holy Trinity.  The main way we receive the grace of the Holy Spirit is threw the sacraments, Baptism, Confession, Holy Communion and others.

Yeah Peter and the disciples spoke in tongues, in different languages so everyone on the First Pentecost could understand the message.

From Acts chapter 2

And

In 1967, just after the Second Vatican Council, there was a new movement started in the Catholic Church called the Divine Ministry.  The Divine Ministry is very similar to the Pentecostal movement where some actually speak in tongues.  In fact I believe there are large gatherings where both Pentecostals and Catholics attend.  My 91 year old aunt does the Divine Ministry and I was surprised when she told me that she has actually spoken in tongues some times herself.  I remember reading something that Pope Paul 6th wrote that said there should be someone to interpret the tongues otherwise it could be coming from a different source.  There was another pope about a thousand years ago that warned about this too.  I remember my father and mother having a discussion about this when I was a kid and specifically dad saying speaking in tongues is something Peter and the disciples did so people of other languages could understand them.  I went to a Divine Ministry voice chat room a few years back, before I knew what it was all about and to tell you the truth I was kind of dumbfounded to hear a Catholic speaking in tongues at the end of the prayers.  I still don't know what to think about it.  Does anyone try to interpret what they are saying in tongues?

Mike

15. Make  Money profile image66

Actually that new charismatic movement in the Catholic Church started in 1967, just after the Second Vatican Council is called the Divine Mercy Chaplet not the Divine Ministry.

I guess this would be why Pope Paul 6th wrote that there should be someone to interpret the tongues otherwise it could be coming from a different source.  And why the other pope about a thousand years ago warned about it also.

1 Corinthians chapter 14

This web site on Tongues says "Therefore, tongue-speaking can be a gift of the Holy Spirit, or may be of human or demonic origin.  Paul makes several important points regarding the gift of tongues:"

Mike

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)