How would proof of extraterrestrial life change your religious beliefs

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (79 posts)
  1. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

If we discovered proof of life on other planets, would it affect your religious views? Would it affect your beliefs differently if the extraterrestrial life was bacteria vs an advanced civilization? Christians, would sentient aliens go to Hell because they don't believe Jesus is their personal savior despite the fact that Jesus lived on another planet, or would God send another savior to a different planet?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't they already find evidence of bacterial life on a rock from Mars?

1. Adsenseonline profile image61
        Adsenseonlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

t was thrown out, looks like bacterial microbes how ether because it couldn t be proven it was rejected by the scientific community.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow.  I guess some people will still look for little green men....or little green bacteria....everywhere instead of dealing with reality...

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59

What makes you think aliens are not a possibility within this reality?

What with the trillions of galaxies in this universe and the trillions of planets in EACH of those galaxies, you think that aliens are not a possibility on even ONE of those planets?

You do know they found fossils of bacteria inside a meteor that came from Mars right?

How do you know we didn't evolve from bacteria that came from another galaxy?

1. profile image0

How do I know?
          Because I am "wonderfully made" by God as the Bible says.  All humans are.  And we are endowed with common sense and powers of common deduction.
          For those people who wish to imagine that they came from apes (or from what?----"bacteria" now?! lol), they can imagine on and on.   I choose to use my brain and senses to realize that God created mankind in His image, not the image of lower animal life nor plant life.  Nor some imagined "alien life".

1. Bobsterdamus profile image61
            Bobsterdamusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Bible Says? What do the science books say?

I'm pretty sure that it is scientific fact that we did come from apes and bacteria. To suggest otherwise would be the equivalent suggesting that gravity and pressure aren't the two things keeping you grounded on the planet. Or gasoline doesn't fuel cars. ...or Chinese eating rice....or Bears going to the bathroom in the woods

1. vector7 profile image60
              vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

"What do the science books say?"

Depends on which one.

None agree, and they are revised annually. And rightly so. Have you seen some of THIER claims? LOL

Do you believe in Santa Claus also?  I mean if you have faith in him, he must exist right? Despite well, common sense.

I think we should start sending people that believe in things and people that JUST AREN"T THERE to the mental institution. Its dangerous to have distorted thoughts that control your actions.

Yeah, and historical scholars with their lives invested in the subject must be wrong because you compare the subject to santa.

Please man.. your testing my patience with old tricks that are silly and irrational to boot.

2. kerryg profile image84
            kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So if we found alien life next year, you would just pretend it didn't exist or what?

Bear in mind that it's a very real possibility. To the best of my knowledge, Jesus was a hippy overstated the degree of certainty scientists have about the meteor discovery, but we have discovered possible evidence of extraterrestrial life both on the meteor and on Mars.

No, there is no possible evidence.

Unless you have something you'd like to share to show otherwise?

Not being ugly, but I've been down this road. If you have something substantial I'd be dumbfounded and will graciously apologize.

But considering the circumstances, I more than severely doubt it.

Respectfully.

Yes, there is. Most of the evidence supporting Martian life has been discredited, but the meteor Jesus was a hippy mentioned is still considered potentially real and a recent re-examination of some previously discredited evidence from the Viking missions in the 70's suggests that the case should be reopened on that one, too. Both are far from definitive evidence, but they certainly are possible evidence.

http://www.universetoday.com/22587/atmosphere-of-mars/

This gentleman even entertains the "microbial" idea even in spite of the high levels of toxic gases, radiation, massive temp variance, and excessive dust storms.

If you think that these weather conditions can support any form of life, I'd like to see the probabilty variables attached to the theory:

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q2681.html

The temperatures alone should bring one to an obvious conclusion, unless you're suggesting molecular movement under freezing conditions. At least I hope no one suggests that.

And that's just the temperature, not counting the overwhelming radiation levels which essentially mean it's a spherical microwave oven nuking the frozen surface gradually through rotation.

As for the rock, you can buy it if you like, but the story on it sounds like a 5th grader building theories to suit his pre-postulated concept built by imagination.

Yes, possible evidence if you have as much faith in evo as I do in Jesus Christ.

That leap of faith is beyond my comprehension. Not to mention, they don't have motive now do they?

wink

Life is pretty resilient. Earth has animals such as crabs, shrimp, snails, and octopuses living in total blackness at pressures of thousands of pounds per square inch, clustered around hydrothermic vents that spew toxic gases, heavy metals, acids more corrosive than vinegar, and super-heated water. We have microbes that survive radiation comparable to Mars and others that can lie dormant in subzero temperatures for millions of years before coming back to life again if the temperature warms.

I am not saying that life on Mars is likely, but it cannot be ruled out as a possibility. If there is liquid water anywhere in the soil, the chances increase dramatically.

3. profile image0
            Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, out of curiosity, if God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient like you (and I, coincidentally) believe He is, why would alien life (or anything for that matter) be impossible for Him?  Do you believe that humanity has the right to think so arrogantly that we are all there is anywhere in the universe?  I personally feel that is US conveniently making God in OUR image, rather than believing WE are made in His.

1. Cagsil profile image70
              Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

1. profile image0

Cags, are you laughing at me?

tongue

No. lol

Laughing at what you said. tongue

1. profile image0

How come?  Because it's funny?  I'm curious.  smile

It may have come off as sort of snarky, but I was serious...

2. profile image0

Nothing is impossible with Him; absolutely we agree on that.
              But just because He CAN do something, doesn't mean He does it.
              As far as arrogance, it's not arrogance at all to claim to be made in God's image!   (I'm sure some people could promote it in a wrong way and become arrogant by veering off into some weird context)....but the way I see it it's just a fact.  God said it and I believe it.

As far as other creatures, etc....well, God already made a myriad of other creatures!   He even showed Adam the animals as though to see if Adam would find a mate within that group.   You'll notice that neither he (nor He) did so.   Adam was told have dominion over the animals.   I can see no reason why God would make any other species in His image, since He had already made humanity in that respect.    And....if "aliens" had already been made, I would think that those would actually be the angels, which of course I believe do exist.  Not little specks of green nothingness or the imagined little green men etc.

Common sense shoots holes in every supposedly-"scientific" theory about aliens, the "Big Bang", and all that nonsense.    Even if one wants to take the Biblical fact that we were formed from the dust of the earth,  that doesn't add up to us having actually evolved from some speck of dust.  Because God actually formed the first man (with His hands, I'm given to believe),  molded Adam into what He wanted him to be, and breathed life into him.    Humans are the "favorites" of His creation, if you will,  and are innately separate from the animals and other pieces of creation.   We're actually equipped to receive the Spirit of God into our souls.

I personally don't understand how you could believe in some kind of life on other planets even halfway comparable to humans.
              But if you'd like to elaborate, or if I can explain further, that's okay;  I'll try to catch your replies another time.

roll

2. profile image0

I'm sorry...I think there was a misunderstanding.  I do indeed believe that we are made in God's image.  It wasn't [i]that[/] that I find arrogant.  I find it arrogant to think that WE are all there is in the universe - as if our God isn't big enough, powerful enough, or smart enough somehow to support life somewhere other than Earth.  Indeed, I believe that humanity IS God's crowning creation - nothing is equal to it.  Probably where you and I differ here is that I don't necessarily believe that because something isn't mentioned in the Bible means it doesn't or cannot exist somewhere...and I also think many folks who believe that way have a tendency to gloss over what it does say in the Bible regarding 'other' creatures (leviathans, etc).  Humans, animals, insects and fish are not the only non-human creatures mentioned in Scripture.

I don't necessarily believe that extraterrestrial beings would in any way be similar to humans, let alone comparable in the eyes of God.  Hence the word -  alien.  But I don't close my mind to the possibility that God has created some sort of life elsewhere.  He's God, after all.

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image59

I asked how you knew, not what you believed without evidence.

3. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there anything is scriptures that indicates anything other than God being extraterrestrial.

4. Claire Evans profile image62
      Claire Evansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great question.  It wouldn't alter my beliefs at all.  I believe aliens are inter-dimensional beings so they certainly know about Jesus since God, too, is an inter-dimensional being. 

From what I've heard, aliens are mostly evil judged by what people say about abductions. 

I can't see Jesus rejecting an alien if it/he/she accepts Him as His saviour.  It sounds bizarre.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which is why us atheists don't believe it. Are we getting there?

As a matter of interest - would anything change your religious beliefs? Is anything possible at all?

Do you claim to know God doesn't exist?

I claim to know He does.

No. I simply don't believe in Thor. Sorry.

Then it's settled.

God is a possibility even self admitted by you.

Why are you so irrational to a rational possibilty?

EMF is not coincidental, nor explainable by humans. Unless the greenies constructed it eh Mark?

What say you?

smile

EM what?

Assuming a god is possible (I don't make that assumption) then your God is infinitely improbable, which I guess means it is possible - yes. I don't believe in it and it is logically impossible. That is as close as I can get to saying I "know" it does not exist.

So - ifn it int 'splainable by humans - goddunnit?

lol

Twisty turny never learny.

"...which I guess means it is possible - yes."

-Mark Knowles

"...it is logically impossible."

-Mark Knowles

Now I understand the "EM what?" for the opening phrase.

Thanks for 'splainin' your rationality for me.. lol

So - ifn it int 'splainable by humans - nuffindunnit?

smile

Sorry you didn't understand. But - go ahead and keep chopping what I said up in order to make it seem as though I said something I did not. How very brave of you. I am overwhelmed and thinking of becoming a warrior of christ myself.

Because you are so brave.

Logically impossible is not the same as impossible. But - I don't expect you to understand. lol

2. Bobsterdamus profile image61

LOL.....

LMAO.

I believe aliens are inter-dimensional beings so they certainly know about Jesus since God, too, is an inter-dimensional being. 

From what I've heard, (LOL)  aliens are mostly evil judged by what people say about abductions.  (LMAO) 

I can't see Jesus rejecting an alien if it/he/she accepts Him as His saviour.  It sounds bizarre.   (LOL)

You do understand dimensional, evil, deceit, and confusion don't you?

You seem amused due to ignorance.

What? You think your the only thing that exists cuz that is as far as your beady eyes perceive?

LOL, now that is funny.

smile

5. tlloydreilly profile image59
      tlloydreillyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It wouldn't change at all, especially after watching "The Chase" epidode of Star Trek the Next Generation.

6. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kerry,
      According to most modern-day science, life on others planets within/near this solar system appears to be impossible, unless of course they are able to sustain themselves with extremely diverse breathing abilities and able to withstand extreme temperatures, weather. I have read the consensus, although not unanimous suggests that due to the precise location of this planet, particular atmospheric conditions, gravity, distance from this sun -and the suns strength itself- explain why life is able to exist the way it does here in such varied forms.

Perhaps in other solar systems identical -or near identical- earths exist.
      But, to myself -and myself alone- that is myth. And precisely like all myths should only be treated as ideas with a possible reason for further exploration/scrutiny, but not a basis for considerable fact, else they form sub-religions.

My own take would be more practical: let's complete the exploration of this planet, in its entirety -every living element of it- from a to z, documented and sound, before jumping planets and hunting aliens. This would include a thorough understanding of the human being as well.

James.

And PS, according to the texts, salvation is specifically designed for humans pre-resurrection. Every individual after already has been given the gift. And further it applies only to humans. Lastly, the terms God, Jesus and Hell are incorrect.
      God is a generic title.
      Jesus is a sub-deity (demi-god) of Greek Mythological origin.
      Hell is only a suggestive state of mind.

"Hell is only a suggestive state of mind."

1- Tell that to the guy soaked in flammable liquid and ignited. wink

2- Are you referring to residing in NY?  big_smile

7. Doc Snow profile image87
      Doc Snowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It wouldn't affect my religious beliefs, such as they are, at all.

Although it would be an occasion for wonder, and a provocation to both thought and imagination.  Perhaps it would be most interesting for what it showed about us:  aliens could be a 'mirror' that would be very revealing of who we really are.

1. Claire Evans profile image62
        Claire Evansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A US Military officer, Bob Dean, says that aliens often take on the appearance of humans and mingle in society.  You could have come across one by now.

Hieronimus, “Transcript of Interview with Bob Dean, March 24, 1996 that Major Dean said:

"There was a human group that looked so much like us that that really drove the admirals and the generals crazy because they determined that these people, and they had seen them repeatedly, they had had contact with them…. These people looked so much like us they could sit next to you on a plane or in a restaurant and you'd never know the difference. And being military and being primarily paranoid, that bothered the generals and the admirals a little bit. That the fact that these intelligent entities could be involved with us, walking up and down the corridors of SHAPE [Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe], walking down the corridors of the Pentagon. My God, it even dawned on a couple of them that these guys could even be in the White House! Of course, as I said, being paranoid in those years it really shook things up a little bit."

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/F … 01711.html

8. Chris Neal profile image78
      Chris Nealposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, no,Jesus would have lived on their planet as well.

2. profile image0
    ScottHoughposted 12 years ago

This is almost the same as asking if Sikhs or Buddhists go to Hell. I believe in God but I don't think good Sikhs or Buddhists go Hell. I'm completely irrational in this belief, but I do believe it. I like to believe that even Good aliens would probably go to Heaven, again, it's completely irrational. Maybe it's me trying to impress what I want on something I have no control over; I like to think that Good people end up in Heaven. I wouldn't be upset if a Buddhist hoped for me to find Nirvana, in fact I would be thankful. Maybe Nirvana and Heaven are the same place; they both sound better than Hell.

The discussion is very worthy. Different Christians will have different views on this as will others. I hope to learn something.

I like that you are completely aware of how irrational you are in believing that Sikhs and Buddhists don't got to hell. You you aware of your how irrational you are in respect to believing in God, Heaven or Hell?

1. profile image0
        ScottHoughposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah man, I am. smile

lol

God bless your heart. You are awesome.

Speaking of nipping it in the bud! lol

smile

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

It would only serve to reinforce my views as I believe "God" was of an advanced alien race in the first place.

4. Bobsterdamus profile image61
    Bobsterdamusposted 12 years ago

Same type of question? If I could prove to you that Santa Claus was not real, would it affect your belief in the Easter Bunny?
    Is Santa and Jesus the same person?

God Kerry (no pun intended), Jesus on another planet? Did he wear a space suit?

I thought that reading 9GAG this morning was enough laughter I could handle, LMAO!!!

thank you!

Really?

You people and flying deer and egg laying bunnies...

Goodness..

smile

If this post represents your total intelligence?

Then I only have one to say- Bunnies? They don't lay eggs. Just in case, a smart person like yourself didn't already know it, which seems likely considering your post.

lol

No I didn't know Cag.. Do deer not fly either???!!!

lol lol lol

C'mon man. Really?

smile

5. pmorries profile image64
    pmorriesposted 12 years ago

If the aliens were sentient and have no religious beliefs at all (they were all atheist) or their beliefs were not similar, in any way to, Christianity, I would have my doubts; however, I expect that their beliefs would be very similar to Christians (like in the movie Enemy Mine). In addition, I would not be concerned with who goes to hell and who doesn’t (God is smart enough to figure it out on his own).

6. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6567383_f248.jpg

http://www.ultrafeel.tv/wp-content/ufo-first-contact-god-nick-kim-com1.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4208577985_c78c5cc240_o.jpg

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1202/romney-suffers-from-the-weirdo-factor-romney-weirdo-michigan-politics-1329931771.jpg

7. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

No, proof will never put a dent in an irrational belief.  No proof, or even evidence, is required for someone to believe in a supreme being.  All that is required is emotional instability and intellectual laziness.  Evidence and rational thought are useless in changing beliefs...you could try a shock collar.

8. profile image0
    mariexotoniposted 12 years ago

ah, it would only strengthen my beliefs. I'm already assuming there's life on other planets.

Hahah this was kind of cool, but my sister lives in Honolulu, Hawaii. Her husband is in the air-force so she lives on base. Anyways, she was outside one night and saw these two blue lights doing this "wax-on, wax-off" motion, in a kind of circular path. They weren't airplanes because she would have heard it, living right by the airport.. I bet it was some other life..

lol, This ones two steps ahead of ya.

smile

9. martinckennedy profile image60
    martinckennedyposted 12 years ago

I would feel actually a sense of wonder that there is a Higher Power at work, knowing that other life has formed in the universe. How could we think that out of billions and billions of planets in the vastness of the Universe that we are the only life? That seems ultimately narcissistic.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

E.T. is an evangelist. Not the only life...but what if we are the most advanced?

10. ptosis profile image68

What if the image of god was an alien?

Just like Christian holidays were the days  of pagan festivals, wouldn't the more advanced tech culture also borrow images from the host culture and change it's image? Assimilation of culture?

Like when the Persians invaded India that started the caste system,
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6568929_f248.jpg

11. ptosis profile image68

Wait a minute - we already have a alien religion - it's called Mormonism -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSlbuli … re=related

lol lol lol

1. ptosis profile image68
        ptosisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

From: http://news.discovery.com/space/is-morm … 10510.html
        "Mormon cosmology involves a universe full of "worlds without number" that are inhabited by intelligent beings. In other words, Earthlings are far from the only game in town."

Just wrote a hub today on the beginnings of Mormonism and the founder Joseph Smith @
        http://ptosis.hubpages.com/hub/Book-of-Mitt

12. Adsenseonline profile image61
    Adsenseonlineposted 12 years ago

Firstly i dont believe in religion as all it has done is hold the human race back scientifically, and causes mass genocide, but..

I think if did ever come across life on another planet, and its just a matter of time, allot of time that is, i hope that it will open the human races eyes up and makes us realize that scientific discovery is far more important to our survival rather than false hopes.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Scientists do far more these days to hold back scientific discovery than religion does.

LAWL

1. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lawl? Does that mean something?

Yes. Did your comment mean something? LMFAO lol

2. Adsenseonline profile image61
        Adsenseonlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

complete contradiction.
        Science and religion are in two completely separate worlds science fact - religious fiction. When was the last religious discovery 2012 years ago?

No, dimensional studies are scientific. We believe things exist that can't be seen, which science has proven hundreds of things exist we previously had no knowledge of.

They only reject religion because they lack information enough pertaining to it to prove it to themselves.

We, on the other hand, are related in mentality with the man that discovered radio waves because he believed there was something he could not physically see nor detect, yet, with man made devices.

Your statement is your personal opinion.

Not the overall big picture.

smile

13. ftclick profile image56
    ftclickposted 12 years ago

If we found, if we found? Govt leaders, commercial airline pilots (various countries), even the multiple sighting events by 1000s of people (Arizona, Mexico City) all cannot be debunked, what about large scale sightings from groups of people in the 40s and 50s, white house, military jets trying to follow one, ancient etchings on cave walls, etc. They exist but still people believe in God or their god. Science proves dinosaurs, I don't recall the bible mentioning that or refuting that. the 1000s (or infinite) galaxies can all be created by a God and these other planets can be a heaven or a hell. I also heard that where the Bible volume was discovered was just a part of a series of teachings/ stories and the rest were destroyed by a fire(maybe the work of the de...).

I think there are some people who should just open their mind instead of closing it off with arrogance or ignorant dismissive attitudes. All it would take is for his/her pastor/father  to interpret a bible passage a certain way that extra-terrestrial life does exist from certain verses.

Or if that never happens, I'll always get the validating question which always comes up from non-believers. Well, did you see one, did you meet one or ridicule it to feel better about their beliefs? Now, tell me is that something Jesus would do is ridicule or belittle someone.
    In fact, I can reply with the same question to them.
    So, in summary, I do feel there is a higher power, a god, but alien life also exists. I got the same answer from a long-time practicing baptist

14. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

According to my father-in-law that great theologian Jesse Duplantis (or is that duplicitous) once asked Jesus if there were aliens. Apparently Jesus said no. So that settles the matter. I now declare this thread closed.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)