jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What are the world's top 10 deadliest Martial arts?

1. providence profile image59
    providenceposted 8 years ago

What are the world's top 10 deadliest Martial arts?

We were talking with friends about martial arts and we just wondered. What are the best and deadliest ones in the world.

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

I just published a hub on this. Here is the link....
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-10-Deadly-M … -the-World
    Best Regards

3. kephrira profile image57
    kephriraposted 8 years ago

heres a hub on the deadliest martial arts techniques - http://www.hubpages.com/hub/deadliest-m … techniques

4. Dominionmaster2 profile image56
    Dominionmaster2posted 8 years ago

in my opinion it is not the style of martial arts that makes it deadly or not deadly, it is the person using the techniques that makes them deadly. I prefer the arts of Kempo, aikido, jiu jitsu Jeet Kune do and Krav Maga

5. BP9 profile image56
    BP9posted 8 years ago

There is no "deadliest" martial art.  Each and every martial art one encounters has potentially lethal techniques when studied in depth. 

I believe the mere question of comparing one to the other in terms of how easily one may take a life upon study trivializes on several levels the seriousness with which one should consider one's martial training.

If one opens the subject of which martial arts are more deadly, there should also be a serious conversation about the real-world, legal and emotional ramifications of causing death by way of martial art techniques.

6. logish profile image58
    logishposted 8 years ago

I saw in Fight Science that the Ninjutsu hammer punch was able to generate force enough to send someone into fatal cardiac arrest. Also, the traditional form of Muay Thai was used in warfare centuries ago in Thailand. It did manage to kill.

Yet in terms of the deadliest martial arts, I believe it is the practitioner and not the martial art that is deadly. Many martial arts have peaceful philosophies and ethics attached to them. Thus, it isn't appropriate to say that they are deadly. Most were not intended to kill by ethics.

7. mugshot profile image80
    mugshotposted 8 years ago

Pankration, the Ancient Greek fighting system....little known by many but still the type of fighting the Greek Warriors such as the Spartans used.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Pankration

8. profile image43
    lolpartsposted 7 years ago

i think 1.krav maga 2.escrima/arnis/kali 3.muay thai 4.karate                that's what i think i'm sorry i can't give you 10

9. jaynotts profile image56
    jaynottsposted 7 years ago

It is really less about the Martial Art than it is about the Martial Artist. however sine your looking for deadly that would rule out any sport martial arts. some possible candidates are Japanese Jiu Jitsu, JKD or ninjitsu

10. wademcmaster profile image72
    wademcmasterposted 7 years ago

I tihnk  its depends more on the person.  In terms of MMA it would seem wrestling, boxing, Muay Thai , Jiu Jitsu, etc. But deadliest is suchart (in such a broad range of arts) is too narrow a term for something so alive and unique to each situation.

11. joecseko profile image73
    joecsekoposted 7 years ago

Dominionmaster covered many of the styles I'd have posted. Krav Maga is undoubtedly the most practical, followed closely by his/her other choice- Jeet Kun Do. Boxing is an excellent art. Most people never look at the effectiveness of the defensive skills (this was one of Mike Tyson's biggest assets!!!!!!!), angles, as well as generating THE most power out of a punch. Karate does not teach power punching nearly as well!

I disagree with the assertion that it's the practitioner that "makes it deadly". Yes, the practitioner makes all the difference in the world in competitive fighting, while strength, heart, toughness, clearheadedness (BIGGEST one right there- lose you head in a fight and you're getting your ass kicked. In those ways the practitioner makes the difference. Given the wrong style, they'll never capitalize on their full talent.

12. newell12345 profile image71
    newell12345posted 5 years ago

What are the top ten deadliest martial arts?Look no further, and learn about some of the deadliest martial arts from around the world. read more

working