jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do West Ham fans think about moving to the Olympic Stadium???

1. the-real-deal? profile image76
    the-real-deal?posted 7 years ago

What do West Ham fans think about moving to the Olympic Stadium???

West Ham today won the bid to take over the Olympic Stadium, will this please or upset West Ham's faithful support? And what do they think about leaving Upton Park?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4597180_f260.jpg

2. The Ponderer profile image60
    The Pondererposted 7 years ago

I think running tracks round football pitches are great. They remind me of old Wembley and Hampden cup finals.

3. Jefsaid profile image71
    Jefsaidposted 7 years ago

I am not a Hammers fan but I work alongside two of them.  They are a little saddened although the impact won't be for another 2-3 years.  For both of them as true cockneys, it seemed almost as important that they stopped Tottenham from trying to muscle their way into East London territory.

4. stuart747 profile image60
    stuart747posted 7 years ago

I'm not a West Ham Fan but my opinion is that football stadiums with running tracks between the pitch and the fans are a bad idea and that they ruin the atmosphere at a game, I disagree with Tottenham  wanting to tear the venue down to build a new stadium and believe that that the Olympic stadium should remain as something of an icon since it has cost the tax payers of the country so much money, However I feel West Ham with their rich history would be better upgrading or building a new stadium of their own,

5. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

This would be fantastic for The Hammers!

working