jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is Rory McIlroy now better than Tiger Woods?

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image82
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

Is Rory McIlroy now better than Tiger Woods?

With a dominant win yesterday, will Rory now be number one for years?

2. CSNewYork profile image71
    CSNewYorkposted 5 years ago

he is better than tiger, and he is also number one

3. mmsu profile image71
    mmsuposted 5 years ago

Tiger has improved a lot since last year.In fact he has gained a lot of points this year,but Mcllroy currently looks like he will be the man to beat in the next few years.

4. Azure11 profile image90
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

Rory is still a bit inconsistent right now and until he improves his consistency he won't have the dominance that Tiger had when he was at his peak. I don't think he will be number one for years but he may be on and off that top spot over the next few years. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger gets back to number one at some point in the next 2 years, or he will at least win a major. I don't think anyone can say they are as good as Tiger Woods until they have won as many majors as he has but I guess it depends on whether you are asking if Rory is better than Tiger right now, or if he is better than Tiger was?

5. A.Villarasa profile image72
    A.Villarasaposted 5 years ago

Rory McIlroy is still not as consistent as he should be to be called a great champion, as Tiger was in his heyday. But give him a few more years to really hone his skills and keep an even keel on his emotions, then the maturity that comes along with those, should show in tournament after tournament after tournament.

6. golfgpswatch profile image60
    golfgpswatchposted 5 years ago

He is better right now and I can't see Tiger catching him.

working