jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year

1. Miller2232 profile image60
    Miller2232posted 5 years ago

2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year

As Wild Card Weekend came to a close, only Russell "Last Name" Wilson is left standing of the three rookie quarterbacks from the 2012 NFL Draft. Has Russell "Last Name" Wilson made a case for Offensive Rookie of the Year with a playoff victory?

2. nanderson500 profile image88
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

I think he has definitely made a case, although an argument could be made for all three. It will be a tough choice for the people who choose that award, but Wilson definitely deserves serious consideration.

1. Miller2232 profile image60
      Miller2232posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Russell was overlooked with until the 75th pick and now that he's in the postseason and has gotten his team to the divisional round, people are now starting to know who is Russell Wilson as well as this young Seattle Seahawks team.

3. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

He has, but Andrew Luck will be hard to beat with a 2-14 team  2011 team making the playoffs with a sub coach.  Sometimes emotions tip the scale. But , Wilson is awesome no matter what!

4. StegToDiffer profile image60
    StegToDifferposted 5 years ago

I like Russell Wilson, but I think Robert Griffin III deserves the award.  RGIII has slightly less impressive passing stats than Wilson (Wilson: 26 TDs, Griffin: 20.)
    However, Griffin didn't play for a game or two this season.  Despite his mid-season injury, RGIII still threw for more passing yards than Wilson did.  In addition, he threw half as many interceptions as Wilson.
    As for rushing, Griffin ran for 7 TDs and 815 yards, while Wilson ran for 489 yards and 4 TDs.
    Griffin's stats are clearly more impressive.  However, some might make the case that because Russell Wilson beat Robert Griffin in the playoffs, Wilson deserves the award.  I don't think this is a fair argument because the game came down to defense more than it did quarterback play.  The defense Robert Griffin had to face (Seattle) is arguably the best defense in the league.  Russell Wilson had to play against the Redskin's defense.  Seattle gives up 203 yards per game, while Washington gives up 380.
    That's to say nothing of the fact that Griffin got hurt during the game, and actually had better passing statistics than Russell did.
    Again, I like Russell Wilson, he's a shorter quarterback with a lot of talent and a lot of heart.  But I just don't see the award going to him this year.

working