Tested positive for illegal drugs or steroids, should an athlete be consider for

1. alexandriaruthk profile image71
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Tested positive for illegal drugs or steroids, should an athlete be consider for Hall of Fame?

or Hall of Shame? Does it matter? What is your opinion about this? This is in view of baseball players like Bonds, Clemens etc. You can also take this subject into different sports if you like to discuss it.

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Depends upon the illegal drugs. If it is one that would cause him to stay awake more and work out as an advantage, he shouldn't be entered into the Hall of Fame. Steriods is a no-brainer since that means he definately cheated.

3. number2son profile image61
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

I really can't say.  There is so many things to take into consideration.  You have to think about that many people who were not caught, did in fact, take PED's.  You have to think about whether the player, without PED's would have been Hall of Fame caliber.  You also, have to think about the other players on the ballot, are they as worthy as this player?  However, in certain cases, you might, even though the player probably would have been Hall of Fame caliber without PED's, think that for him to get into the Hall, would just be an injustice, or a bad standard to set.  I don't know what I would do , if I had to vote.  It's really all how you look at it.

working