jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do all men like to watch football?

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Do all men like to watch football?

Not me....I personally find it boring and rather stupid in regards to just getting a ball so many yards and being tackled brutally. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8583143_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Me neither. To be honest, I don't think I even understand the rules of the game. It's never interested me.

3. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I enjoy the tactics, strategy and planning part. It's like facing two armies against one another over and over to see who wins. Too bad it's only split seconds' worth and there's commentary, commercials, obnoxious fans, seven billion replays of the same play and all sorts of other stuff to get through before they actually, you know, move.

I think this is why booze and football go together so well...

4. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

No, not all men watch football.  My eyes glaze over when it comes on the television, and my husband enjoys watching the History Channel on WWII veterans so much more.

5. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

It comes down to this, football is not a life sport — things you can participate in your whole life — hence you have more watchers and fewer doers and therefore large stadium crowds and television audiences.  Life sports like golf, swimming, and tennis have smaller crowds.  People can always go off and participate in these types of athletics themselves.  It's a little sad that you have a culture that gets fat sitting there, paying to see someone else exercise.  But then again the linemen aren't normally the picture of health either.

6. William15 profile image90
    William15posted 4 years ago

I am a huge baseball fan. I think it's simple, timeless and beautiful.

working