jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think buying knock off clothing is wrong and why or why not?

1. steve-bc-ca profile image81
    steve-bc-caposted 7 years ago

Do you think buying knock off clothing is wrong and why or why not?

If you can't be sure whatever clothing it is your wearing isn't made in a sweat shop, how should wearing that clothing really make you feel? Don't get me wrong, I order import clothing all the time, only I don't feel good about it and no article of clothing can ever change my mood! Girls when you buy an article clothing to make yourself feel good, maybe think about how the person who made you that purse may have been feeling, wonder if their tummy was full or if they may have been in any physical pain. Instead of buying clothing maybe go do something nice for someone, then you should feel good

2. passthejelly profile image80
    passthejellyposted 7 years ago

I think people worry too much about these kind of things. I remember having to wear my brother's old clothing, and it never bothered me. Just enjoy life and be happy you are wearing clothing at all.

3. atienza profile image60
    atienzaposted 7 years ago

You bring up a good point. It seems that no matter where you make purchases these days, you are hurting somebody, or something. I do make a conscious effort to buy things made in the US. I avoid the brand name game as much as possible. But I know it's not always entirely possible to make purchases that are environmentally friendly, not made in a sweat shop by some poor kid, or are so ridiculously overpriced I couldn't afford it anyway. I think the best we can do is try, but unless we are obsessive about it, we'll never get 100% right.

4. amberjones21 profile image57
    amberjones21posted 7 years ago

No, ofcourse not! Clothing brands these days are outrageously expensive! Buying knock off brands is A-okay with me. I have four kids to buy for.... They won't get brand names every time we shop.

Closed to reply