How do you remove scratches from Ray Ban sunglasses?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

How do you remove scratches from Ray Ban sunglasses?

The lenses on my Ray Ban sunglasses are scratched and I want to repair them.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4579446_f260.jpg

1. profile image35
      Afflosparkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hello Paul Edmondson,
      If you have too many scratches on your Ray Ban glasses   you can remove it via  Toothpaste & Baking Powder I know  this method is taking too much time but it will work perfectly

2. pork22 profile image75
    pork22posted 13 years ago

If the scratches are in the mirror coating, you can't remove them. The mirror coating is the last coating on the outside of the lens and easily scratched. You can buy replacement lenses from Ray-Ban.

3. RealHousewife profile image68
    RealHousewifeposted 13 years ago

Well you could run over them then replace the lenses.  That's what my hubby did when he turned a corner too fast and they slid across the dashboard and out the open window:(

4. webguyonline profile image56
    webguyonlineposted 13 years ago

hehe, you can just buy a new one. (just kidding) - here's a tip i found from ehow.com

- Use baking soda to remove scratches on your sunglasses. Mix 1 part water to 2 parts baking soda to create a creamy paste. Use the cotton cloth to distribute the paste onto the scratched lens. Use a circular motion to rub the baking soda paste into the lens. Rinse with lukewarm water. More stubborn scratches warrant a second application.

5. Golfgal profile image80
    Golfgalposted 13 years ago

WD-40, use a soft cloth and a little dab on each lens.  See if that works smile

6. profile image50
    courtney_cassidyposted 13 years ago

hydrogen peroxide and baking soda mixed together and let it sit on the lense for about 5 minutes and then wipe off with cold damp rag(:

7. tgopfrich profile image69
    tgopfrichposted 13 years ago

you could try cleaning them with lemon pledge. The oil fills in the scratches and makes them clear. But its not a fix forever thing. But it does work

8. dusy7969 profile image60
    dusy7969posted 13 years ago

with fix it pro we can remove scracthes from Ray Ban sunglasses

9. opticstoreonline profile image63
    opticstoreonlineposted 13 years ago

Three is no way that you can remove scratches from the lenses. You can only get it replaced..

10. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Any abrasive, like the baking soda mixture will "sand" the glass itself, you just need to polish it further with a soft and mild abrasive after the initial application of the backing soda mixture and buff it with a cotton cloth for a while. Deeper scratches will not be fixable. Either that or buy a new pair or in the hopes of not offending any very sensitive souls donate the costs to a non profit.

You know sometimes some people forget that we have to relax and just remember that it's just a question, nothing more.

Hope you get them fixed Paul, good luck, they are really cool sunglasses.

11. nabeelplus profile image61
    nabeelplusposted 12 years ago

Spread glass etching material onto the front and back surfaces of the lenses. This glass etching compound Spray both sides of the lens with furniture polish and begin buffing the lens with the cloth.

1. BekiBugg profile image57
      BekiBuggposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just recently scratched my gazillion dollar glasses.. was in tears and asked my friend how I was going to tell my husband she said "don't, bring me some toothpaste (white)"...  rubbed the surface then ran water and voila my scratches were so fixed!

12. R.S. Hutchinson profile image72
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

believe it or not: peanut-butter!! Has to be creamy though. rub it over the scratch with a cloth for about 30 seconds.. then let it sit for about 10 minutes then wash off and blowdry and voila!

1. Diane Woodson profile image59
      Diane Woodsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I vote for this one!! Peanut butter I am addicted to and it has lots of uses besides peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Good for you!

13. Johnrr631992 profile image84
    Johnrr631992posted 12 years ago

Buy replacement lens from ebay, and change em out. had to do it for my bros

14. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

A combination of ash and moisture rubbed onto the surface will work for scratched lenses. I use a tiny bit of WD-40 and cigar ash for the perfect scratch fix formula.
    Good luck, I hope this helps!
    K9

15. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

..................throw them away and purchase a name brand that caters to protecting your lens (scratch proof lens)

16. Krystal-Hosting profile image60
    Krystal-Hostingposted 12 years ago

The most effective method is to use a good metal polish like "Brasso". It does take quite a long time to polish scratches out of glass, but it is well worth the effort. Whatever you do, don't use metal polish on plastic lenses. It will permanently ruin them. Good luck !

17. Keith Matyi profile image61
    Keith Matyiposted 12 years ago

Take just a bit of car wax on a soft cotton rag. It should do it.

18. samtenabray profile image62
    samtenabrayposted 12 years ago

Get a soft cloth, some spirits and hope for the best!

19. profile image51
    hmmronyposted 12 years ago

A combination of ash and moisture rubbed onto the surface will work for scratched lenses. I use a tiny bit of WD-40 and cigar ash for the perfect scratch fix formula.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

20. Diane Woodson profile image59
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

Well I ahve lost two pair of Aviators in my life and wish to have one of them back everytime summer comes around. I vote for peanut butter who one of my friends mentioned below!

21. profile image52
    jonytiyedposted 11 years ago

020 8432 6302 | 07939 211 796 - £196 Discount Offer On Courses On Now | Hair Extensions Training, Hair extension courses, hair extensions, hair extensions training courses,Hair extension training, hair courses, km ha

1. profile image52
      jonytiyedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hair extension training

22. Kalmiya profile image64
    Kalmiyaposted 10 years ago

Your life is very sad if this is something you need to internet about.

23. profile image50
    mmunny10posted 9 years ago

For scratched or damaged Ray Ban lenses, you can order a replacement set of lenses by contacting their warranty/service provider at 800-343-5594.  A set of polarized lenses will run around $36 (incl shipping and handling.  State tax may apply).  You can either replace them yourselves, or go to any Sun Glass Hut location and they will put the new lenses on your glasses free of charge.

24. profile image50
    megan porterposted 9 years ago

hello Paul how are you Viniger helps to remove some of the deepest scratches it also works on cds too x

dream it believe it achieve it

25. profile image53
    Deryaakbayrakposted 7 years ago

I heard you if you first clean the surface with a lens cleaner of any sort and then apply metal polish or non gel toothpaste it does the job!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)