jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Has anyone any good suggestions for making nails stronger?

1. julie58 profile image60
    julie58posted 6 years ago

Has anyone any good suggestions for making nails stronger?

Mine grow to the tips of my fingers and then nearly always break!!  Natural remedies would be great ...

2. surale profile image75
    suraleposted 6 years ago

Yes , I have good suggestions for getting beautiful and strong nails.
    1)Take a clove of Garlic and crush it then rub the crushed garlic on your nails daily for 20 minutes. Your nails become shining and strong.
    2) Apply milk cream on your nails after washing hands it bore out amazing results for your nails.
    I think these home remedies prove helpful for you

3. pedrog profile image61
    pedrogposted 6 years ago

You can find a few tips in this hub, enjoy:

4. cresandsuzanne profile image59
    cresandsuzanneposted 6 years ago

pro-natal vitamins

royal jelly capsuls

5. Saloca profile image89
    Salocaposted 6 years ago

My nails went through a phase of being quite brittle about 12 months ago. I found that regular cutting them down eventually led to them growing back thicker and stronger! I also switched to a combined clear nail polish, Barry M topcoat, basecoat and hardener, it worked really well and my nails are stronger than ever!

6. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 6 years ago

I use a nail polish solution, called green tea and I also take a hair and nail vitamin.

7. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

I think OPI has a nail strengthener. Its clear, and you just put a coat on top of your polish (or no polish), let dry, and your nails are instantly stonger. Repeat every so often to continue strength growth. But you will notice a difference right away!

8. profile image45
    R.Gineeposted 6 years ago

Yes, Nail food from Oriflame. You may get to see it online on their website too.

9. MazioCreate profile image71
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

I have had problems with flaking, cracking and ridges forming vertically along two of my nails.  However, over the last two months they are (sorry to say this) as hard as nails.  I have been concentrating on maintaining the desired body PH balance - 7.35 to 7.45 - and the results are hard nails.  My diet is a balancing act at times, but I mainly eat vegetables, grains and once a week a red meat meal. If you're on any medications, and natural therapies are medications, check for side effects.  Check this blog from Vivian Goldschmit about the body's mirror. Hope your nail health improves.
    http://saveourbones.com/how-to-test-you … h-at-home/

10. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

I use the organic tea tree antifungal nail solution which is really good.

It stops my nails from breaking frequently.  I just apply 2 thin layers of coat of it a day or two and then I find my nails looking better.

It allows the nails to grow and strengthen them at the same time.

It works a treat and I use it when my nails require further strengthening.  It's not something you have to use daily - just from time to time when the nails need 'nourrishment'.

11. djsm2011 profile image58
    djsm2011posted 6 years ago

You'll think this is crazy but it works. Go to your local Co-Op and buy. Horse and mane Shampoo. Put it on your nails everyday for a few mintues. It will make them strong and grow faster. it comes in a really big bottle, So you can use it on your hair too and it will help it grow long and strong aswell. And it only a few buck. Try it out for a month and let me know. You will be so suprised.

12. stclairjack profile image82
    stclairjackposted 6 years ago

eat more jello,.... no kidding,.. its the gelatin, it helps the body grow better nails, and better hair if your interested.

it sound bizar, but you could also just soak your fingers in the warm un-set plain no flavor gelatin.... but i think a bowl of jello 2-4 nights a week sounds better to me,.... little cool whip on top, fat free desert that will improove your nails.

i used to work at a feed store and loaded sack feed all day,... 4-6 ton per shift,... does ugly things to a girls hands,... the jello works. i also play guitar so healthy nails are important to me.

good luck

13. Fez360 profile image51
    Fez360posted 6 years ago

Drink alot of mile because your nails are actually just dead tissue growing out of your body...so drink milk (Vitamin D) and youll see it grow real fast...

14. jaclyn8668 profile image61
    jaclyn8668posted 6 years ago

prenatal vitamins and jello work great!!!!