jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you get rid of red stretch marks?

1. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

How do you get rid of red stretch marks?

My daughter is at the stage where she is growing very quickly. She has developed red stretch marks on her hips and is very self-conscious about them when she's wearing her bathing suit or her gymnastics leotard. Does anyone know of a method or a product that will fade them at the red stage more quickly than just time?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 5 years ago

There are several products out there, but it really depends on your daughter's skin type. I used some lotions when I was pregnant, and it did reduce the appearance of the stretch marks across my stomach. There are also "scar removers" that work well if they have been present for a while.

I know some girls who would cover their marks with make-up until the lotion worked it's magic. But I wouldn't suggest it because sometimes it will smudge or stain an outfit.

3. ashleybunn profile image61
    ashleybunnposted 5 years ago

The same thing happened to me when I was a kid. The lotions and creams made specifically for fading stretch marks never worked for me, but everyone's skin type is different so it couldn't hurt for your daughter to try them out. I simply rubbed the stretch marks with cocoa butter and later covered them with a little make-up. They faded, and now you can't even tell that they're there unless you're looking for them!

Stretch marks are certainly frustrating, especially since they never go away! I hope your daughter feels better about them soon sad

4. profile image52
    Nadia Eggertposted 4 years ago

I used stretch mark therapy from White Lotus Anti Aging and it was so useful for getting rid of stretch marks.

working