jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

How many tattoos are you willing to put on your body?

1. SkySlave profile image84
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

How many tattoos are you willing to put on your body?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Zero. I see tattoos as a permanent manifestation of a temporary interest.  My likes and dislikes and my taste change too often to put something permanent on my body.  In a few months I would regret it because I no longer was invested in whatever the tattoo represents.

1. Larkinlove profile image61
      Larkinloveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's why you choose things that have always meant a lot to you. Like I have a dreamcatcher, every feather and stone represents different parts of my life. The dreamcatcher on a whole is the gentile soul, which has always been me.

2. SkySlave profile image84
      SkySlaveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All of the tattoos i have i appreciate now more so than when i first got them. Not just for the images, but also for them memories of the processes that went into creating them. Your skin isn't going  to last forever ether

3. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The question was how many tattoos AM I WILLING to put on my body. Zero is my answer for the reasons I stated. It is not a blanket condemnation of others getting tattoos.  Ink away to your heart's content.

4. Cherrietgee profile image79
      Cherrietgeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

duffsmom, I totally agree with both your response to the question and your comment here. The question was of a personal nature, so you responded with what you were willing to do - so did I. Interestingly enough, we were both voted down.

3. Larkinlove profile image61
    Larkinloveposted 5 years ago

Man, I only have two right now. Mostly because lack of money. But also I take a long time with the idea of a certain tattoo. I like to post it up in my room where I'll see it everyday for about a year. But my whole body is going to be covered, man smile

I'm in the same lack of money situation as you and i think it make me want another tattoo even more.  Eventually i too think im going to be covered.

4. Cherrietgee profile image79
    Cherrietgeeposted 5 years ago

I'm not willing to put any tattoos on my body. I don't like them or see the point to getting them.

1. Cherrietgee profile image79
      Cherrietgeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Can someone please explain why I was voted down? I simply answered the question honestly and explained my reasoning. I wasn't rude, offensive or condemning. I responded and left out the commentary, so I really don't get it.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i have 3 now and i will get a few more before i'm done. to me tattoos are a form of expression that for me is about my life. i don't get a tat just for fun, i get it because it means something important to me.

All that matters is that you like your tattoo and that whatever it symbolizes
      is important to you.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Two or three in hidden places. Small ones that can be hidden in my work as a manager.

Thats completely understandable, i think eventually more and more businesses are going to allow tattoos simply because tattoos are becoming more and more popular.

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I believe it. In a few articles, they claim it is weird if you do not have a tattoo.

working