jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What makes getting tattoos addicting?

1. SkySlave profile image84
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

What makes getting tattoos addicting?

As of right now I have seven tattoos and have no urge to stop getting them. Is there something psychological that gets your brain hooked?

2. KeithJK profile image61
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

Personally, I've noticed tattoos can become addicting because they need to be symmetrical. If you get one on your right arm, then you need one on your left arm etc. Also, it's fun and new. Many people are addicted to buying new clothes, and tattoos are permanent clothes really.

3. Larkinlove profile image59
    Larkinloveposted 5 years ago

It's almost a sort of adrenaline rush. Plus you realize how crazy it is that ink is forever in your skin. It's a cool feeling. Plus the "pain" is cool. It hurts sooo good ;P

4. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

For me it's because I can't let anything go unless it's complete.  If I have one tat on an arm of a sun, then I'd like to see stars and a moon and once that's done, I see a story unfold, so being a writer and an artist, my imagination takes over and before you know it, I have a sleeve.  But that's me.  I love color and stories and am very visual.  One tat in one place just looks unfinished to me.

working