I will be undergoing turbinectomy +septoplasty surgery in a few weeks ..i wanted

1. rajivnandy profile image62
    rajivnandyposted 5 years ago

I will be undergoing turbinectomy +septoplasty surgery in a few weeks ..i wanted to know if

turbinate reduction has any side effects . Also will it affect my speaking voice?.Please,..i am really scared . ..my email is rajeev.nandi@gmail.com. I would love to know more about the procedure.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

As with any surgeries, keeping the wound clean is important. This is surgery mostly around your nasal cavity and won't affect your voice. Pain will most likely be around your sinus cavities and incisions but will subside as you heal. Your operation room 'team' may inform you of the procedure and/or as always, it's best to speak to your doctor.

3. fitmom profile image82
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

My husband had a similar surgery and it did not change his speaking voice. He commented that he could breathe a little easier and his snoring was not quite as loud as it used to be.

The pain wasn't too bad at all. The thing that hurt the most was his throat from the tube that they put in during surgery. I would recommend using some chloraseptic spray to numb your throat.

Best ~ fitmom

working