jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I always join a gym thinking l be regular, but after few weeks go lazy. Is it sa

1. rich2630 profile image57
    rich2630posted 6 years ago

I always join a gym thinking l be regular, but after few weeks go lazy. Is it same with everyone?

2. David R Bradley profile image84
    David R Bradleyposted 6 years ago

Not with me.  You need to have a reason other than looking better naked to stay motivated.  Find an exercise or fitness routine that you can get passionate about and then back that up with training for a purpose greater than yourself and some really great things will start happening for you.  Me?  I use Russian Kettlebells.  Training like it's 1911 in stead of 2011 excites me.  It also helps relieve stress and connects with me on a spiritual level as exercise became an even more important tool in getting and staying sober.

So to sum it up...

1.  Find an exercise or fitness routine that gets you excited.  Rock Climbing, Skiing, Swimming, Martial Arts, etc.

2.  Support it with a clear cut goal that is focused on something bigger then yourself.  For example, my buddy just did a diabetes bike ride to raise money for that charity.  Another old friend ran a marathon to raise AIDS awareness and money. 

This will help you.  I guarantee it.

3. justanotherteen profile image60
    justanotherteenposted 6 years ago

Like with everything, you need motiviation.
    I was like that with my first membership I was very into it at the start but soon lost interest, I find that excersizing with a friend helps you be more commited (as long as they aren't lazy or even less commited than yourself).

4. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I set a schedule - I exercise 3 times a week, I usually have the same schedule week to week so I just say I will exercise Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. When it becomes part of your weekly routine, it gets easier to stick with it.

5. Sulal profile image38
    Sulalposted 6 years ago

Thirding the sentiment that you need a reason that you can stay motivated with. If your goal is to lose a few pounds you'll likely flake out but if you are trying to make a lifestyle change you'll likely see it through.

6. Tamila Roberts profile image35
    Tamila Robertsposted 6 years ago

It's best if you head to the gym with a good friend. someone you trust or that you get along with. Weight training should be performed from time to time to stay in shape.  It's also going to be much more motivating if you compete with each other. Trust me on that one.

7. Learning in Life profile image93
    Learning in Lifeposted 5 years ago

Not since I started using Gym-Pact. I never miss a workout now!