Why do most men hate shopping?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 80 discussions (123 posts)
  1. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

Why do most men hate shopping?

1. shailini profile image58
      shailiniposted 15 years agoin reply to this

because, they PAY?

I guess, simply Men can't tolerate women looking at choices (no pun). LOL...

1. alex09 profile image58
        alex09posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey,

you are right.. lol

However, we just buy whatever we need and sometimes women buy what they really don't need. lol

1. thranax profile image72
          thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's basically settled, Guys normally like shopping as long as they get what they need, and Women should know enough to give them a Sports or Mechanical or Science Magazine before dragging them to shop with them tongue

~thranax~

2. profile image57
          weightlossideasposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The things that women shop for in the main do not interest men. That causes men to lose interest very fast. Think about it, how many time does a woman take a guy shopping for electronics where he doesn't want to be there...

The only time he might not want to be there is if for some reason he doesn't want to spend money. Just a thought.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

cause sitting in a panty store gets them sorta turned on so they have to think about other not so pleasant things so that they don't get a chubby and get scorned by natures actions.  LOL.

smile smile smile smile

They just don't like it cause it's boring.  My husband seems to have no trouble going to a video game store, which I hate going with, and he hates to come to the grocery store, which I also hate.  Wait....it isn't just guys who hate shopping. 

wink

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Get a chubby...??

Bwahahahaha! tee hee!

I've never heard that one before..chubby...she said chubby! hahaha
        lollollollollollol

1. sukkran profile image60
          sukkranposted 15 years agoin reply to this

what's chubby?
          sukkran

1. AEvans profile image73
            AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The other half of there anatomy stands to attention big_smile

2. alekhouse profile image71
        alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right about that. I hate shopping. Don't mind grocery shopping, cause I like to eat. But all other kinds I do on line, including all Christmas shopping.

3. SpotCoolStuff.com profile image69
      SpotCoolStuff.composted 15 years agoin reply to this

Most men don't hate to shop. They do it all the time.

I think there's a difference in what they like to shop for.

And there's a huge difference in how they shop. Eg. most men like to figure out for themselves how to get the item the are shopping for. (In this way men shop how they drive, without asking for directions). For most women it is a more social endeavor.

A few years ago I read a piece in The Economist about some one who was developing a mall for the way men shop. (Almost all malls, it turns out, are geared towards women). I just tried a Google search to see if I could find what happened to it but no luck. Would make an interesting topic for a hub.

Princessaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Very intersting idea.  I wonder if men orientated shopping centres would be a success hmm

4. INDRANI profile image61
      INDRANIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Simply they cannot manage it properly.big_smile

5. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Clearly you don't have gay male friends....

And personally, compared to most women I know, I really don't like shopping myself.

6. Christa Dovel profile image69
      Christa Dovelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Men don't hate shopping, they just shop for different things.  Have you ever had to wade through acres of tractors, with a man who has no intention of buying?  Have you visited every lawn and garden store in a hundred mile radius, looking for that perfect grill?  I have, with several farmers. 

My husband can't pass up a deal.  He and sales in sporting good shops are a financial nightmare!  I have forbidden him from visiting actions and garage sale, for the plithera of unneeded items he has brought home.  (He only listened, after taking a trailer load of action items to the dump.) big_smile

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, yeah.  Shop with a male architect/designer (my bf) in the home section of any store.  It will break you from any idea that men don't like shopping...  I've never seen anyone go so nuts over home furnishings in my life.  lol

7. RKHenry profile image62
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

because.... it's a secret.smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Because it's boring. Unless you are shopping for a new motorcycle, Zero fun factor big_smile

Boring ???  surely not!! 
      Ok, grocery shopping clothes and shoe shopping can be boring for men.  But surely you like to go hunting for little vineyards to taste and buy some good wine Mark smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Well, if that is shopping, I am all over it.

But shopping usually involves looking at 17 dozen pairs of shoes and then going back to the first shop you went to and buying the first pair you tried on. smile

Boring. smile

1. rmr profile image69
      rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It also often involves tactfully explaining that tis blouse is just as flattering as the last 28. Even if they all looked like the same blouse.

4. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

Because of queues, because of shop assistants that don't help but hassle you, because often they have everything you don't want but not what you do, because you get to see loads of things there's no way you can afford, because it's boring and because I never have enough money for buying anything apart from items I need - and sometimes I don't even have enough for that - and it's time consuming! Yes, I hate shopping!

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Because we usually get dragged to the shops by our other half who just wants to look at clothes and jewellery all day long and not go anywhere near the toy or gadget shops..or even the comic shop....I'm sure some of the people in the womens clothes store think I'm eyeing up a sexy little number on the clothes rack for myself...talk about feeling paranoid!

6. bubwitmaingay profile image58
    bubwitmaingayposted 15 years ago

In a scale of zero to ten, I would like to rate shopping as six. I don't really hate shopping because I always have a list and I'm not ashamed of looking at it in the grocery or mall. The list is a sort of  a map-guide for me and I usually do my shopping in 10 minutes (for short errands) to two hours (for buying a month's supplies). It's basically about making up your mind in buying and not regretting that you haven't bought a marked-down item because you haven't seen it. (Marked-down items are still expensive, read the books "Freakonomics" and "Undercover Economist".)
    I'm an Asian and usually salesladies are actually friendly here. I make a little chat, ask advise on what's good and the next time I come shopping, they'll be the first to offer help. That's rapport - it's good for business networking too.
    Well, people are really different but I enjoyed shopping because I only shop if I really have to buy. I usually go "window shopping" with my wife but I always buy items (for my own use) by myself. My wife is a bargain hunter, so I don't usually drag her along if I really love to buy something that's not on the bargain. But if I wanted to buy bargains, my wife's the best adviser yet.
    So, men hate shopping because of hassles that goes with it, not really the shopping per se.

7. Edwin Clark profile image61
    Edwin Clarkposted 15 years ago

Men don't hate shopping we just shop differently than woman. We find what we need and we buy it. For instance woman buy underwear and they'll try it on and ask their girlfriends if they look good in it. A man would never try on underwear in a store and ask his best buddy how his butt looks. smile

8. moovnmom profile image57
    moovnmomposted 15 years ago

I guess the roles are reversed in our house.  My husband does 98% of our grocery and other shopping.  And my daughters know that if they want me to go to the mall, it must be right when they open, when there is no one there yet!  And never, ever, ever will do Xmas shopping at the mall.  The crowds make me claustrophobic.  But my husbands' favorite place other than Bass Pro Shops, is Wally World.  He could spend all day in there.  Again, it would have to be 3 o'clock in the morning for me or I'd have to be drunk! (And I don't drink!)

9. garmentmerchant profile image60
    garmentmerchantposted 15 years ago

I think shailini had it right were paying.

10. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Because women like it.

11. britneydavidson profile image59
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

As you all know that these guys dont have patience so they always buy what they like.

12. babybuff205 profile image61
    babybuff205posted 15 years ago

I supose us women are picky and like to shop around men just buy anything they think looks good.

1. chip22 profile image61
      chip22posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. When I shop  it's pretty much a get-in-get-out activity. I'm a terror at Wal-Mart! wink

13. spooon profile image48
    spooonposted 15 years ago

shopping for most men = buying clothes.

most guys have their set of clothes that they are comfortable wearing and it can be years old. Most men don't follow trends like "oh, that is out of style or season".

I say most because I do know some that love shopping and I just don't get it.

I would rather work out for an hour and still have some energy then go into a clothing store as it immediately saps the strength from me. It's not an efficient use of my time.

14. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

Because they Fear of Credit Card Debts

15. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

I don't hate shopping in theory.

If I had a gf that wanted to go shopping I would hardly find it boring even if she kept me there all day.

I would probably just use the opportunity to give her the time of day and treat shopping as a serious interest of hers and a chance to love her even more by growing in an understanding of what she values and enjoys as a person.

16. profile image50
    CostumePrincessposted 15 years ago

In my experience, you are right.. Men do hate shopping. But you know what? It could be fun if they allowed themselves to just pretend they are at a private fashion show screening.  Go to Starbucks, grab a cup of java, get comfy in a chair at your sexy shopper's favorite store, and let her put on a fashion show for you of all the great outifts she tries on.    Not only will she be excited that you are spending time with her, who knows -- she may even want to get something a little naughtier to have a private fashion show for you later.. Hmm.. gotcha thinking huh.. wink~~     Shopping with her gives you the opportunity to find out what SHE likes.  As a online shopping consultant for years, I can tell you that most men don't have a clue what women really want.  What do they want? Something they feel sexy in, something that makes them feel thin, something that makes them feel glamorous, something that makes them feel pretty or romantic --you get the idea. Once you know you're girlfriend's or wifes true desires, you will better know how to gear your purchase.  With the holidays around the corner, maybe pick out a sexy santa's helper outfit for her -- nothing too revealing, just a cute little santa dress and maybe a pair of heels. Let her get the naughty panties -- women do like to create their own little surprises too!  Check out <snipped promotional link>for some great sexy lingerie, costumes, and clubwear.

I hope men reading this, do follow your tips. It is a great way to know what we like smile

17. GoldenThread profile image60
    GoldenThreadposted 15 years ago

pfft. Men generally love shopping... if you mean buying what they want to buy.

Men generally hate shopping with women, who don't actually "shop" as much as browse.

18. mens-suits profile image58
    mens-suitsposted 15 years ago

Its all depends on the Budget J. if it is for free why not?

19. jyuva profile image58
    jyuvaposted 15 years ago

Men don't hate to shop, but with women. take a long long time to take one small item big_smile

20. Junkster profile image59
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I don't hate shopping: the necessity, just shopping: the pasttime.  What I mean is when I go shopping I know what I want, I know where to go, I get it and get out.  SAS style smile

I've never been a fan of walking around spending 15 minutes in each shop, it may just be me but I am not comfortable just wandering aimlessly, not that everyone else is doing that but I tend to have more pressing things to do than walk around shops all day.

Just my two cents on the subject. smile

21. britneydavidson profile image59
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

As simple as that because they love sleeping and sitting at home.

22. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

Men cannot carry bags - Fact.

genetically we are not made for it.

1. INDRANI profile image61
      INDRANIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lame excuse.sad

23. Jerry G2 profile image93
    Jerry G2posted 15 years ago

I'm with Edwin on this one: guys in general just view shopping completely differently.  Even in looking at things I like (books, video games, firearms & knives, camping stuff, etc) it's a look around, five minutes, leave.  Get what I need, or don't, and leave.  The taking a lot of time and spending long amounts of time looking through various choices just doesn't make any sense to me and the ADD kicks in quickly and I get bored.

24. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 15 years ago

Maybe this will help answer your question!

I hate to shop! So, why is it that my wife insists on me accompanying her to the store while she shops? I understand how wandering around the stores and finding that perfect pair of slacks that originally sold for eighty dollars and are now on sale for sixteen dollars can excite and thrill an individual, but in a man’s mind you didn’t save 64 dollars you still spent sixteen!

Okay, I concede there’s a savings if and only if you needed a pair of slacks. Myself, I have three pair of jeans, which I wear all the time and probably a dozen other slacks that just sit in my closet so I can’t see myself shopping for a pair of pants.
    To me the prospect of fighting traffic to get to the mall then fighting to find a parking spot and finally traipsing through a myriad of stores searching countless clearance racks for just the right color, style, fit and price of a pair of slacks is torture! Now, my wife knows how I feel about this, yet she still urges me to go.

Okay, fair enough she wants company. She doesn’t want to go alone and she wants someone she loves to be excited when she finds that treasure, to tell her how great they look on her. This I understand, but would you really want to make someone you love do something they hate? Do you think it’s right to expose your loved one to what they consider to be torture? Would I do that to her?

Now, I spend many a night walking the beaches chasing after feeding fish in the surf. Back when my wife and I were dating she used to join me and I have to give her props because it isn’t always as pleasant as you might think. There were many a night where we stood side by side perched on slippery, jagged rocks tossing two ounce lures with eleven foot long rods into angry seas that crashed below us dousing us with a force that occasionally would buckle your knees and threaten to toss you back into the rocks.

Of course, she doesn’t come with me anymore no matter how much I beg, even though nowadays I fish the calmer waters of the sound. Still the prospect of standing waist deep in fifty degree water casting into the dark while the gnats feed viciously on your face crawling in your eyes, ears, nose and hairline isn’t exactly appealing for anyone let alone a women that would prefer to shop! It is something I enjoy mostly alone, and even though I would love to share the excitement when that fifteen pound striper runs with my fly, I would never pressure my dear wife to do so because I know that would be like torture, you know, like shopping is to me!

25. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

"I hate to shop! So, why is it that my wife insists on me accompanying her to the store while she shops?" Great piece.
    Think it demonstrates quite well the dichotomy.

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks again!

26. profile image0
    DebeDeeposted 15 years ago

OK

So, I hate to shop with my husband when he is looking for clothes, It is so boring.  I just can't get excited about saving $64 on a pair of men's slacks.  Yes, I see it as saving $64 and not spending $16, so that is a true gender thing.  But, Dear Me! I'd rather be shopping for me!  Selfish as it seems, shopping for someone else, with them along, is the pits.  Now when I am shopping for a gift for my husband and I am alone - I am thrilled to find and save that $64 dollars!  What an awesome purchase!

Not the same experience though', when I am shopping with girls.  I can get excited about looking for girl clothes for anyone, with them along or not.

On the flip, I'd rather go fishing with Pappa Blues on the fishing trip from Hell, before I would ask my husband along on a shopping trip for me.  He does not enjoy it, and it shows, and then I don't enjoy it, and it shows.  What is the point?

There are plenty of things to do with a spouse to enjoy time together, is it really necessary to make shopping one of them?

27. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 15 years ago

I don't think Men hate shopping. I have some male friends who love shopping and takes hours to even select what they want.  I love shopping too but does not take much time to pick what I want. While I am with friends who take their time to shop I end up having a few impulsive buys as well.

As you said there are plenty of things to do with a spouse to enjoy time together, if your spouse does not enjoy it do not force him to accompany you to your shopping trips. Take someone who enjoys it along with you.

28. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Most men are head of their families. They have to get to shopping for their families, which is boring. So, they avoid shopping for saving their purses and send their women and kids to shopping. Shopping for a woman is not so easy. May take hours to get satisfied. The best way to avoid irritation is to avoid shopping.

29. profile image51
    tom0407posted 15 years ago

I hate shopping because I hate the crowds of people and the chavs. If I had the money I'd love to hire out a complete shopping centre all to myself and have a great time.

I also think that people get self conscious when in situations they are familiar with. So it's a bit chicken and egg in that respect.

30. Arian Won profile image61
    Arian Wonposted 15 years ago

I like Edwin_Clarks reply. I don't care if my man likes to shop or not. It just means I get to have more closet space smile

31. profile image0
    seriousmnyposted 15 years ago

I'm a woman and I hate shopping especially with other women.  They like to browse and try stuff on.  I know what I want when I go into the store and that is what I get and then I leave the store.  If I am looking for something and cannot find it, I don't waste time going to a million stores looking for the item.  I will go to 3 stores max. I have found I am more like a guy when it comes to shopping and like the lady above...it is cool to shop late when everyone is out of the store. No lines and no crying kids.

32. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I do not think men dislike shopping. It depends on individual choice whether men or women.

33. profile image51
    DomsDVDsposted 15 years ago

Hi, I'm a bloke and I don't mind shopping. If I'm shopping for myself I'm usually really quick. I know what I want and if I don't see it, I'm off to the next shop. I'm not a big fan of shopping with a crowd though. I usually end up with something I didn't really want. More like something my friends liked. I find it quite easy shopping with girls though and probably a bit mor fun too!

34. Anti-Valentine profile image76
    Anti-Valentineposted 15 years ago

It is different and down to individual choice.

My brother will get up early on a Sunday morning to go and browse for hours.

I however, dislike it for the most part. I do my browsing online, find out what I need to know, and then go to the shop, buy the item(s) and leave. I don't stick around.

35. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 15 years ago

yeah princessa
    its because those little nooks once provided for me to 'sit' and approve or disapprove of her modeled selections while being served 't cakes' and 'tea', seem harder and harder to find, makes for bit of annoyance.

36. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

I guess I am a strange woman because I despise shopping! I had rather be beaten to death! I can't stand going to wal-mart and seems like I am wearing out the pavement between here and there despite it all! My husband fusses at me all the time because I don't go clothes and shoe shopping without him forcing me to. I just hate it!

Now, give me a BassPro, Lowe's or Home Depot and I am up at the buttcrack of dawn rushing anyone who intends to ride along! Those are the shopping trips that really should be a weekend event because you really can't cover all the ground that needs to be covered in one day!

My husband, on the other hand seems to love shopping. I dread taking him with me when I go shopping because I like to grab what is on the list and hit the door. However, I tend to spend more time looking for him than I do shopping for the items on the list! I have learned to make sure that we both have our cell phones when we leave so that I don't waste an hours passing him from one isle to the next looking for him! It may seem crazy to call someone in the same store but it beats the heck out of having to get a harness and leash to keep up with him LOL. But then again, he may prefer the latter. Guess I'll have to give him an option on that one.

My ideal week is to have at least 1 day that I can avoid any shopping whatsoever, be it wal-mart, grocery store or any other type of shopping but that is rare lol. I swear, if I could have everything I could possibly ever need or want just delivered to my door, I would never shop again! (Except, of course at BassPro, Lowe's or Home Depot!)

37. Maddie Ruud profile image74
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

I don't think women have some inborn predilection for shopping, nor do I think most men hate it.  I think it mostly has to do with social pressures and expectations.  And different people enjoy shopping for different things.  One might like shopping for clothing, another for music, another for car parts, another for art.  Not to mention different shopping styles.  One person might like going to the mall and browsing, one might like surfing the web, one might like specific outings in search of specific products.

38. JKSophie profile image69
    JKSophieposted 15 years ago

I guess men does not hate shopping but they just don't want to spend too much time looking around to buy something. smile

39. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I'm a Man, and i don't hate shopping. I do hate spending money on unnecessarily items that people don't need or should want to have for more then a few days... Maybe thats why.

I can say I like shopping...as long as its for stuff that interests me personally, like Software or Art Supplies etc...

(I LOVE FOOD SHOPPING, I HATE LINES =S)

~thranax~

40. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I'm a woman, and I don't particularly like shopping. My other half is much more interested in it than I am, he likes going shopping for clothes / make up etc for me.

If he likes shopping for make up for you then ermmm..thats a little worrying. Sure, maybe things that smell good and the odd clothing items but eck at make up =o.

~thranax~

1. LondonGirl profile image80
        LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He isn't gay (-:

Never said he was gay. I never said he wasn't Bi either. It just sounds...likely thats all. I know people who are and I can freely talk about anything on the topic because I'm lucky enough to live here in Massachusetts-one of the most liberal states of them all.

^_^ Sorry, if it seems like I'm implying anything, I don't wanna get anyone mad, just how I view it.

~thranax~

I live in London, so it's not a big issue here either, fortunately!

smile

~thranax~

2. Maddie Ruud profile image74
            Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you're so forward-thinking, you should know better than to think so stereotypically about gender roles and sexuality.

41. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Shopping is interesting only when the first customer picks up the first. No one do this. Choices make men impatient. It is also because no woman pats men for their choice. Only women factor makes men hate shopping.

42. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

@ thranax - Tut tut, have you been naughty! tongue lol

Well its what I understood of what she said before...

~thranax~

43. steimmanbernard profile image62
    steimmanbernardposted 15 years ago

because as men we are only buying for our needs not just women love to stroll and then if they love it they'll buy it instantly. lols

Also true.

~thranax~

1. mhei profile image59
        mheiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

things that cost thrice the amount of things women would buy big_smile

44. LondonGirl profile image80

I have previously heard it suggested that a man will spend £2 on a £1 item he needs, and a woman will instead spend £1 on a £2 item she doesn't need....

But what you need you use for longer, something you don't need just takes up space and money...

~thranax~

45. LondonGirl profile image80

Well, the thing you don't need could be a bottle of wine or a carton of ice-cream, and that wouldn't necessarily hang around for long....

But...But...Ice Cream and Wine are necessities!

~thranax~

fair point, well made!

big_smile

~thranax~

46. profile image0
    I EnLighten Uposted 15 years ago

Because it's time consuming, not enjoyable at all, and in the end it removes all of our hard earned money from our wallets! Shopping bites donkey balls! mad

47. profile image57
    weightlossideasposted 15 years ago

The things that women shop for in the main do not interest men. That causes men to lose interest very fast. Think about it, how many time does a woman take a guy shopping for electronics where he doesn't want to be there...

The only time he might not want to be there is if for some reason he doesn't want to spend money. Just a thought.

True.

~thranax~

48. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

I don't hate shopping, I just hate shopping with anyone else! big_smile

49. rainmakerrain profile image60
    rainmakerrainposted 15 years ago

What do you understand by shopping?

Shopping basically means to examine new products to decide to buy them or not.

Women might spend  more time choosing products (going from store to store or department) because of cultural-expectations pressure  to look perfect. And at first it might appear that women like shopping more than men because they spend more time shopping. In fact, women just need to spend more time because the many things that mean to be woman-- but this doesn't mean that they like it more than men.

I, for example, purchase the same number of things my wife does, but I need 3 times less time than her to examine personal products than her. So one might think that my wife likes shopping and I hate it since I spend less time doing it. In fact, we both like it.

50. admaster profile image55
    admasterposted 15 years ago

its not that men hate shopping, it's just that men hate what we women consider shopping. spending hours trying on this and that, going to store after store. then going back to other stores again. mens shopping is straight to the point, get in get out and get back home to try out their new toys.http://picforyou.info/img/409/m08y1019dwvl/mwari23smiley.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)