jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If one had a choice . . . wear a watch or not. Why?

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

If one had a choice . . . wear a watch or not. Why?

2. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 3 years ago

I wore a watch my whole career life, part of the uniform with Medicine...
    Now retired I choose not to wear one, as I savor every possible thing I can do in a day, and don't want a timed limit. I have a philosophy that what I don't get to today, there's always tomorrow. Besides almost everyone in todays society owns a cell phone and that not only has a clock, but a reminder beeper that keeps tab for them...I say " NO thank you "...
    Great question.. will be curious to see other responses....have a wonderful day.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I haven't worn a watch in about a decade. After wearing wrist watches for most of my life, I was given a "camper's watch" (basically, a "tough" pocket watch that hung around my belt loop on a clip) as a gift about a decade ago. The battery on that died some time ago, and since then I just glance at my cell phone if I need to know what time it is.

4. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 3 years ago

I wore a watch every day for decades but these days it just feels heavy & annoying so I wear it occasionally ... It is handy wearing one rather than pulling your phone out to see the time often !

5. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

I wear a watch all my waking hours, it's a habit since I was given my first watch as a teenager - to make sure I wasn't late for, or catch the bus to college. Later on to check my time to work, eternal commuter and all that. I've always had a 'trek' to get to work and connections can be a bit dodgy in this part of the world (signing the late register could be hazardous more than twice in the same six week spell with certain employers).
    These days - with no  'wheels' of my own - I have to go by timetables again to go shopping or on holiday. (Not that many public clocks around where I live)

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I don't wear one when I'm at home, but I do when I go to work or go out shopping, etc. Most people now seem to just use the clock on their cell phones, but I prefer to be able to glance down at my wrist instead of taking the phone out of the carrier and flipping it open. Yeah, I still have a flip phone.

7. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 3 years ago

Yes, wearing 'as needed'. One "self-winding" - gives me sense of " as long as I move I live.

8. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

On TED Talks a speaker said his daughter complained that a watch was a one functional unit. He pointed out that there's also a date with it. But so much more can be done with cell phones.