jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you wear a watch?

1. Conservative Lady profile image75
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

Do you wear a watch?

With nearly everyone carrying cell phones around I was just curious how many people still wear watches? Mine died last year and I have not replaced it because I have a cell phone that tells me what time it is.

2. Skarlet profile image88
    Skarletposted 5 years ago

I used to wear beautiful watches until I started carrying my cell phone everywhere. I will wear a dress watch for fancy events, but that is the only time I wear one these days.

3. jessefutch profile image56
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

I wear a Citizen Eco Drive watch. I have to carry two cell phones because of my job, but I find that looking at a watch is much faster and more efficient than taking one of my phones from their holster just to look at the time. I got the watch because it never needs batteries and recharges itself as you casually expose it to the sun throughout the day. It even charges itself with the light from florescent bulbs! Watches are a lost beauty. Everyone should wear a watch, even if they have a cell phone (or two).

4. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Nope - I never wore a watch, even before cell phones.  It was always irritating to me.  I couldn't stand to wear bracelets or watches, my wrists like to be free smile

Now I check my cell phone for the time, or the nearest clock, so it's all good.

5. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Not any more, after I got a smart phone.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I should, but I don't. I am fairly clumsy and end up smashing up the face of the watch and breaking the lens that covers it.  So half the time I don't know what time is it!

7. Tommyknocker profile image68
    Tommyknockerposted 5 years ago

I always do. But it's hard to find a quality watch without paying top dollar for them.

I've found that many watches are very flimsy and poor;y made. Many are designed for people sitting behind desks, not for laborers.

8. pe555 profile image73
    pe555posted 5 years ago

I used to wear a wrist watch but my eyes are so bad now that my arm would have to be five foot long for me to be able to see the time on it.

9. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

I still wear a watch most of the time when I go anywhere, but not to bed. I guess I am just use to using a watch after all these years.

10. melbelle profile image60
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

Not in several years now.  I have a digital clock in my car.  I have a regular clock in my home. I don't use my cell that often - not on a daily basis.  I guestimate a lot on the time, and I am not usually that far off.  smile

11. Simon Lam profile image92
    Simon Lamposted 5 years ago

I used to wear a watch, but after I got my cell phone I stopped wearing it.

12. J. Biaza profile image60
    J. Biazaposted 5 years ago

I stopped wearing a watch over 5 years ago.  There are clocks everywhere, and of course cells phones.  When I am outside, (since watching Bear Grylls) I can tell time by the sun.