jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

When women dress, is it for a man/men, or for the silent competition with other

1. profile image59
    Kathleen Moralesposted 3 years ago

When women dress, is it for a man/men, or for the silent competition with other women?

I know that women dress to please their men, but women very rarely, if ever, pick apart the clothes, or shoes of a man, like she can on a woman.

2. SilentMagenta profile image71
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

Well, myself I get dressed to impress myself everyday honestly. In the club however, Its a silent competition. I want to look better than any girl in the club.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Those "red carpet" strolls before every awards show aren't for men!
    As you stated it's women who will sit and pick apart other women's clothes, hair, shoes, and makeup choices. Some women get delight out of making other women envious of them.
    Deep down in their subconscious minds from the time they were read fairytales as little girls they wanted to be the "princess", the center of attention having all eyes feast upon them in their glory. Every man wishing she were his and every woman wishing she was her! I believe this is one of the reasons why we have "Bridezillas" and not "Groomzillas". Most men are NOT looking to be the center of attention whenever they walk into a room.
    It also doesn't help when People Magazine makes of point of posting side by side photos of female celebrities wearing a similar outfit with the caption: "Who wore it best?"
    However I believe the average woman gets dressed in outfits (she) feels makes her look her best. If she's going out to a nightclub or has her eye on a specific guy she may crank it up a notch by wearing something she believes will catch his eye.
    Very few if any straight men have ever uttered the following statement to a woman: "You should cut your hair."
    It's always other women who give that advice. Women take their fashion queques from other women and not men.

1. profile image59
      Kathleen Moralesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nod nod nod... I don't like what the media does to the kids, but it interesting watching mind games in action. The "the best" or "the sexiest" lists are very stupid, i have to agree. Thank you for your great answer! Waves!

4. Besarien profile image86
    Besarienposted 3 years ago

A lot of straight men would have women walking around dressed as streetwalkers. Very few I have met have any interest in fashion or much of an idea about feminine style.  Better to dress to please and impress yourself or impress gay men if you need a challenge. They are the gurus and guardians of the fashion world for good reason.

1. profile image59
      Kathleen Moralesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Gay men are all over the fashion industry, for sure, but I think they have gotten their fashion sense from women in the first place. Thank you for your answer!

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

for men not competition. Why would they compete each other? they want to seduce men

6. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Both and more ... I am so glad you see it this way as some say that they are doing it for themselves, to feel good. However, just imagine oneself on a deserted Island, like Man Friday in Robinson Crusoe, then where is the need? What is there to please? self or no self? Peace.

7. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

Most women dress for themselves. Not for men.