ChristinS profile image 93

Should being able to purchase people's unlisted numbers be outlawed?

I have a relative that has a history of stalking. This person is able to purchase my unlisted number no matter how much I change it. He can get access to all of my private info. numbers, address etc. Every couple of years he does it just to taunt me. Should it be illegal for companies to be able to sell this information to just anyone? Do you have any idea how easy it is to find out anything about anyone for only $20 bucks? Is that not scary? Do you miss the days unlisted meant just that?

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

oh wow, that's eerie with the missing person's number. sad. I'm with you it's just too easy to get information and fraud is rampant because of it.

MizBejabbers says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I agree, there is an ethical line I think that was crossed a long time ago and it's very unfortunate. Now we have Google street view - just incase your stalker want's a birds eye view of what your home looks like. sigh.

jonathanago profile image80

Jon Acosto (jonathanago) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

Which I think poses another question on the ethics of some marketing companies - but that's a whole other subject :). Thanks for the advice, I'll look into Google voice, my skype number/service has been less than stellar.

Borsia profile image59

Borsia says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

Unfortunately, even a number on the do not call list can be bought by someone. I was on said list and he found me anyway. I love your answering machine message :) lol