jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I was working on a hub and I pushed something I shouldn't have.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 3 years ago

Hi.  I've been trying to fix this mistake myself but I'm not succeeding.  What happened is -- I was uploading photos from a site where I have permission to do so.  I was preparing a hub with these photos and then a message came on and asked if I want to such-and-such with Pinterest.  I'm on Pinterest.  I clicked whatever it was and now I have a Pin It thing on the top left of every photo I look at.  I also found a Pin It tool bar above my AVG toolbar.  I looked in my computer to see if this was something I could Uninstall but it's not on the list as a program.  I did click 'Remove from Toolbar' but that only removed it from the toolbar, not from every photo I hover over.  And it's even on the photos I have in the unpublished hub I've created.  Is that allowed?  I would like to delete this option of having Pin It on every photo.  Does anyone know how I can delete this option from my computer?  Thanks.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

you don't mention your browser

I found this which will tell you how to get rid of it in chrome.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/stop-pinte … es-chrome/

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 3 years agoin reply to this

LindaSmith1,  I'm on Windows 8.1, FireFox and AVG Search engine.  Thank you for the information you sent to me and thank you for your time and help.  I will try out the instructions this evening.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Pamela: I hope it helps even though you are not using Chrome.

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Just so you know or anyone who might find it helpful will know -- it turns out the method to delete the PIN IT option and PIN IT BUTTON on Firefox is to go to the right upper corner where the three horizontal lines are.  Hover over it.  It says Open Menu.  Click on that.  Then click on Extensions.  See the new PIN IT extension and click on REMOVE.  Thank goodness. 

Your link was helpful, Linda, because although Chrome and Firefox are different, the instructions for deleting PIN IT from Chrome got me looking for the right stuff.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61

You are welcome Pamela.  I need to get rid of things sometimes, but the information is for another browser.  But it still helps.  I believe with chrome it is called add-ons instead of extensions.  I was hoping that if you use a different browser that you would figure it out from the instructions in the link I gave to you.  Good deal! You have it fixed now.

working