jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Apple is launching search engine to destroy Google.

1. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image87
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 2 years ago

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/apple-la … -calacanis
    Will it control the monopoly of Google.

1. Zander Collision profile image78
      Zander Collisionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In the article it is written that spotlight doesn't show ads, only content. I don't think it will be same forever. Apple Inc. is a company which always charge fees for its services.

Plus, I'm amazed at the writing style of the author. Using slang's and abusive words. I have never read an article on LinkedIn, looks like an amateur writer.

I think it's someone who hates Google because his blog got penalized. Google is a big company, Yahoo and Bing have come together to beat Google in search engine market. Yet they can't get a fair market share.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image78
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

We will see whether it does. It has tried before with others.

2. CassandraCae profile image90
    CassandraCaeposted 2 years ago

The authors writing style was fine and he is def not an amteur if you read the whole article.  I think it is an interesting concept.  Ad free search integrated into the operating system of the phone.  I

3. Blake Flannery profile image89
    Blake Flanneryposted 2 years ago

Just like Apple has brand recognition for iPhone, iPad, and iPod (Uninformed people call any tablet an iPad), people use the word "Google" as a verb meaning online search. Apple would be smart to use a verb when naming it's new creation, so people will replace "Google it" with "_____ it." I think it will take a while for Google to lose the social influence and brand recognition as the search dominator.

4. favored profile image40
    favoredposted 2 years ago

The article isn't even worth a tweet.

working