When looking something up or just searching for a special thing, do you prefer Yahoo, Google, Ask Jeeves, Alta Vista, The New engine called Bing or is there another that you use?
Google - it's easiest for me as my mailbox is with gmail!
Google has actually over 80% of the global search engine market. The remaining 20% is shared between Yahoo, Bing etc.
One of the major drawing factors to why people chose Google (Including myself) was it's sheer simplicity and uncluttered screen presentation.
If only a cell phone manufacturer could replicate what Google did for Search Engines, I would be more than happy to buy one!
None of the above. I like scroogle:
Which is google's results without cookies or ads or records. Much more accurate results. Especially of you want to check your own site's status.
You are so my hero... my job just got easier... no more sorting through ads for me
Thanks Mark, I just tried our Scroogle and the results are indeed quite impressive!
I Google mostly because it is convenient to type and they are rather relevant even though the SEO clowns trying tricks are making it less so. Mamma, the mother of all search engines, is good too to get some results different than Google.
Google is what i am use to, and I find it to be a very useful searching tool.
Google always seems to prevail when it comes to searching for answers online.
Google! Mainly because it's more fun to say "I googled it" than "I searched online"
Is google acctually a verb?
Google, it was actually one of my daughter's first words and she learned how to use it before she could read by simply typing in the names of her toys; pokemon, littlest pets. She eventually became convinced that you could just add .com to whatever you were looking for. We almost had a disaster when she tried to get me to take her to girls.com. This is not a site for girls..
I may be old fashioned but Google is the absolute in search engines. I do use Bing somewhat and every now and then Yahoo. form the majority of the time, Google is it.
by Paul Goodman 2 weeks ago
Let's hope something good comes out of this. The online world was a better place when there was competition and not a virtual monopoly by a single search engine.It's particularly problematic because Google has its fingers in so many other pies, including advertising, and so can use its dominance...
by Marlene Bertrand 10 years ago
Bing or Google? Which search engine do you prefer?I see the commercial on television about how people are choosing Bing over Google as a search engine. I did the "Bing it on" test and my results came out as a draw. What is your experience? Do you prefer Bing or Google?
by FootballNut 7 years ago
by nakmeister 12 years ago
What search engines other than google do you get traffic from?
by Beth100 10 years ago
Alright, this is a very basic question (yes, I know it is, but.....) I thought I understood this but the other night, someone told me that indexing has no affect on page ranking. He went as far as to say that he has purchased page ranking from Google, etc. I have not heard of...
by WorkAtHomeMums 11 years ago
Ok this is probably a stupid question but here goes....I know all about the google keyword tool etc. Maybe not ALL about it but I use it for keyword research. And I assume that the results are the for google search engine only.So if I want to rank well on yahoo, bing etc how to I research all of...
Copyright © 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|