jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone know a good website software that is cheap and effective

1. humble african profile image54
    humble africanposted 8 years ago

Anyone know a good website software that is cheap and effective

2. expectus profile image88
    expectusposted 8 years ago

I assume you mean web design software but I love using Kompozer, made by same ppl who made Firefox, its free and great to use smile

3. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

I'm currently writing a hub on this topic that I hope to finish in the next couple of days. I'll beocme your fan and I'll let you know directly when it's done. Hope that helps smile

4. Latro profile image58
    Latroposted 8 years ago

Wordpress is always free and very powerful.  If you're looking for design, it depends on your platform.  Are you using Windows, PC, Mac?

5. probyte2u profile image71
    probyte2uposted 8 years ago

I am using Joomla for my company website. 

If you buy web hosting with Fantastico Deluxe features you could easily setup content management softwares such Joomla, Drupal & Mambo to setup your company website.

Using CMS you can have professional looking website for fraction of cost.

There a lot of companies selling beautiful templates for CMS system.

You only need to pay for the domain, web hosting and maybe the CMS templates.

6. Think Like a User profile image54
    Think Like a Userposted 8 years ago

If you want an application, Coffee Cup is not bad.

Otherwise, Joomla and Wordpress are great because they're free and you do all the editing through the browser. Although I used to use Dreamweaver commercially, it's nice not having to lug the "Dreamweaver PC" about when I want to do basic edits.

You could sign up for a free wordpress account at www.wordpress.com, and see how you get on.

If you're into learning HTML, try http://w3schools.com/

This is a great site for open source HTML editors, you might find something for your needs here too:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_ … tml+editor

Good luck with the site smile

p.s. check out my hubpages and blog for some information on how to make your website more effective by making it user-friendly.

7. profile image53
    instantsiteposted 7 years ago

I'm following Instant Site Launcher and think you'll be interested in it as well. To check it out, follow the link below: http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Instant-Site-Launcher

8. profile image47
    jhonasposted 7 years ago

Macromeadia Dreamwaever is the excellent software for making website. It supports CSS, JavaScript, and a number of other web-related technologies.

9. Y not profile image61
    Y notposted 7 years ago

Dreamweaver cost $$$, very creative builder
    Wordpress.org free, plug-in for just about anything, indexed quickly and easy for begineer.
    Netobjects fusion 7.5 free, template based and for the begineer no html knowledge.