jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What will the next steps of technolgy take us over the next 10 years?

1. sukrfree profile image51
    sukrfreeposted 8 years ago

What will the next steps of technolgy take us over the next 10 years?

I've written a hub about my opinions of the matter. I was just wondering about the future cellphones and etc.

2. sukrfree profile image51
    sukrfreeposted 8 years ago

Well look at that! I'm silly, lol I said what I meant when of course.

3. macbeth25 profile image54
    macbeth25posted 8 years ago

I hope technology takes us to Mars and beyond.  Given the two things which hit Jupiter in the past couple of years, just think what would have happened had we been hit.  The book "Lucifer’s Hammer," Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven, gives some excellent information on the subject.  Read "Rescue Party," a short story by Arthur C. Clarke, to see what I hope will happen.  We need to be on our way to the stars.  I believe that God wastes neither time nor effort.  I believe that there are galaxies, stars and planets so far away we can’t see or detect them with our best equipment.  He put them there for us to find and visit – possibly even to live there.  By the way, besides being the author of the "2001, A Space Odyssey," series, his name also has been used to describe the orbit in which most, if not all, geosynchronous communications satellites orbit – the Clarke Orbit.  Look it up.

4. hinckles koma profile image64
    hinckles komaposted 8 years ago

Good question. Well It would be nice to virtually travel though the internet. I think we will eventually evolve into this tech. Just like in Star Trek we can stand at a pc guided portal and it would take us to anywhere we want we would appear at the other end instantly. This might not happen within 10 years. However we will step closer to allowing free energy sources to power our planet within 10 years and this will lead to many interesting techs. such as internet travel. Free energy is here we are not.

5. TechieGuy profile image57
    TechieGuyposted 8 years ago

Smaller, faster, and more powerful. Just think that less than ten years ago computers had just reach 1GHz, and now look how fast they are? I believe games will push the computer to the point where everything kids/adults play will be beyond realistic. The games will be larger and more complex. Most office applications will not even come close to pushing a computer to its limit.

Imagine what you will be able to do with cellphones considering 10 years ago what could they be used for besides calling? Cellphones will probably advance to become portable entertainment. Imagine watch TV or movies streamed from the Internet anywhere you are in the world?

working